2.4 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_6497.JPG
    IMG_6497.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_6509.JPG
    IMG_6509.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 190
What a weird world

I've not watched the video yet but some people are just so strange. I've not been out yet just been observing, from what I can see here the traffic is less but not by much, however the rush hour at 5:30pm seems to have disappeared in some places according to traffic cameras I've seen... EVERYONE is taking walks all of a sudden and jogging, when barely anyone did that before... and there are groups of people just ignoring the advice and getting drunk visiting friends and shouting/arguing in the street like they always do. They're the same ones that bother me when there is no quarantine they're a sh*tty bunch, but no surprises that the first people to ignore the stay-at-home order for non-essential social activity are the people who are routinely inconsiderate in their behavior into the early hours

mud flaps look good

edit: just watched the video, what an arsehole ?? the isolation is getting to some people quicker than others, did he have his slippers on and a newspaper tucked under his arm? the miserable git

Last edited:
What a weird world

I've not watched the video yet but some people are just so strange. I've not been out yet just been observing, from what I can see here the traffic is less but not by much, however the rush hour at 5:30pm seems to have disappeared in some places according to traffic cameras I've seen... EVERYONE is taking walks all of a sudden and jogging, when barely anyone did that before... and there are groups of people just ignoring the advice and getting drunk visiting friends and shouting/arguing in the street like they always do. They're the same ones that bother me when there is no quarantine they're a sh*tty bunch, but no surprises that the first people to ignore the stay-at-home order for non-essential social activity are the people who are routinely inconsiderate in their behavior into the early hours

mud flaps look good

edit: just watched the video, what an arsehole ?? the isolation is getting to some people quicker than others, did he have his slippers on and a newspaper tucked under his arm? the miserable git

Thanks @MattInARedMicra and yes he actually did have slippers on ?

Oh and he's definitely a miserable git ?

I'm just self-isolating now until this lockdown is over as I really can't be bothered to be arguing with other random strangers about these weird/difficult times ?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Honestly Britain as a whole has been generally idiotic in its approach to this. Nothing was done for weeks while hundreds died, then suddenly it was ramped up to a pretty high level. Even members of my own family over there seem to completely ignore it nearly, its just viewed as a small inconvenience or something. And people working on their cars on their own are not the problem, he should go and shout at people in tescos who are all packed into the shop as if the whole world is stopping for the next 6 months.

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)

Honestly Britain as a whole has been generally idiotic in its approach to this. Nothing was done for weeks while hundreds died, then suddenly it was ramped up to a pretty high level. Even members of my own family over there seem to completely ignore it nearly, its just viewed as a small inconvenience or something. And people working on their cars on their own are not the problem, he should go and shout at people in tescos who are all packed into the shop as if the whole world is stopping for the next 6 months.

Sent from my LG K11+ (yes I did buy the phone specifically to have a K11 phone, I'm that sad)
seems like a generational thing too, the older folks that are most susceptible seem to have the riskiest behaviors during this

I know people in their 50's and 60's still going to work after the 80% announcement, still shopping multiple times a week, still going out socially. Their last words are gonna be "at least the bills were paid on time" at this rate

Couldn't agree with you more here tbh. Snowdonia had its busiest tourist day just last week!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
seems like a generational thing too, the older folks that are most susceptible seem to have the riskiest behaviors during this

I know people in their 50's and 60's still going to work after the 80% announcement, still shopping multiple times a week, still going out socially. Their last words are gonna be "at least the bills were paid on time" at this rate
They're going to be the ones greatest affected, leave them at it. Meanwhile, I'm dreading still being forced to work since I live with a 74 year old and I know that it is only a matter of time before someone in work gets it (we're fabricators, not essential work right now but the construction industry is still going).

They're going to be the ones greatest affected, leave them at it. Meanwhile, I'm dreading still being forced to work since I live with a 74 year old and I know that it is only a matter of time before someone in work gets it (we're fabricators, not essential work right now but the construction industry is still going).
I know someone who works in construction supplies, word is that there's likely to be another announcement on building on Monday

Yeah I think the issue is more the sort of people that were going to the beach and snowdonia up until saturday and now we are all having to pay the price for it!
Snowdonia's busiest day for tourists on record was last saturday!

Yup people like the group of joggers on my street this morning, the saying if they had a brain they’d be dangerous is kinda reversed here, oh well by time everyone comes to their senses everything will be shut down and I won’t have to worry about my emissions for mot ;)

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yup people like the group of joggers on my street this morning, the saying if they had a brain they’d be dangerous is kinda reversed here, oh well by time everyone comes to their senses everything will be shut down and I won’t have to worry about my emissions for mot ;)
You have it easy, 6 months without test. Mine is up in July here, hopefully we get something similar

Just found out this morning from the 30th mots are lifted for 6 months, still be nicked if ur driving a complete shed tho so I’ll continue to eradicate my termite problem lol. I would have thought so Liam you guys can’t be too far behind us

Just found out this morning from the 30th mots are lifted for 6 months, still be nicked if ur driving a complete shed tho so I’ll continue to eradicate my termite problem lol. I would have thought so Liam you guys can’t be too far behind us

So my MOT is originally due July 25th, so that means its now due for Jan 25th?

Lol unfortunately not, it’s a 6 month lift from the 30th so you may get a month extra, mine ran out in august last year, figured I’d wait till it’s all done but now I’ll just tackle the rust and get the beast out in the sun

Riiight that makes more sense, it sounded too good to be true the way I was thinking!

And yes may as well, good luck with it, this weather is amazing!

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yeah obviously it's everyone's responsibility to keep some shape on their. We started shutting things down a lot earlier so as far as I know the growth of infection isn't that bad here, we've just passed 1500 yesterday and 9 dead. But I'm sure they'll bring in more restrictions again, it needs to be done to keep the scum off the street as it only seems to be some people from rough areas who are too stupid to stay in.

The Mrs & I were out & about when the Sun is out in the K11, off out to the Dartmoor National Park hills for a picnic & a leisurely walk around the Trent & Toterford reservoirs for our lockdown daily exercise routine allocation.

Use it or lose it under lockdown & enjoy the fabulous weather while we can?

If we cannot do that than what is life about? :)

Reference;

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
The Mrs & I were out & about when the Sun is out in the K11, off out to the Dartmoor National Park hills for a picnic & a leisurely walk around the Trent & Toterford reservoirs for our lockdown daily exercise routine allocation.

Use it or lose it under lockdown & enjoy the fabulous weather while we can?

If we cannot do that than what is life about? :)

Reference;

Having a picnic in a quiet spot is the best way to beat cabin fever and not catch the real fever going around

Don’t Worry be Happy!

We are genuinely all in this together, rich man & poor man & details like MOTs & how fast the Micra goes hardly matter now.

Staying healthy is what really matters, for many more days out & about when the Sun is out.

Long may they continue. ;)

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Don’t Worry be Happy!

We are genuinely all in this together, rich man & poor man & details like MOTs & how fast the Micra goes hardly matter now.

Staying healthy is what really matters, for many more days out & about when the Sun is out.

Long may they continue. ;)
I'd agree if I wasn't still stuck in work, making staircases for office blocks of all things. Not what I call essential.....

I agree 100% here, baring in mind I was only going to take max 5 mins ?

I'd agree if I wasn't still stuck in work, making staircases for office blocks of all things. Not what I call essential.....
I hear that.... we fabricate shutter and doors and we are still out 2 to a van servicing and repairing and a lot of non essential jobs all over the place picking up the work others would get if they didn't shut down.... seems like a money maker for some companies

Thought it would be cool to get another 0-60 run after the catback system, as that gave a lot of gains. Really happy with the final 0-60 result of 6.8 sec! I made a video with my previous 0-60 runs edited in as well so you can see how it improves with each mod, which I thought was a pretty cool idea!

Although I can't seem to shift no where near as quickly with the new gearbox, as opposed to my knackered old one, not sure why.

Next steps are to dyno it, which I did do recently, but just putting together a video for it, and then fit the bike throttle bodies, which the work for has finally gone underway! I'll upload some progress pics at some point! Can't wait to have a Micra running ITB's!

I also thought it would be cool to do some gear pulls to demonstrate the torque (or lack of!) - this is also in the video - I guess this car isn't made for anything less than 4000rpm!

IMG_0169 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

Thought it would be cool to get another 0-60 run after the catback system, as that gave a lot of gains. Really happy with the final 0-60 result of 6.8 sec! I made a video with my previous 0-60 runs edited in as well so you can see how it improves with each mod, which I thought was a pretty cool idea!

Although I can't seem to shift no where near as quickly with the new gearbox, as opposed to my knackered old one, not sure why.

Next steps are to dyno it, which I did do recently, but just putting together a video for it, and then fit the bike throttle bodies, which the work for has finally gone underway! I'll upload some progress pics at some point! Can't wait to have a Micra running ITB's!

I also thought it would be cool to do some gear pulls to demonstrate the torque (or lack of!) - this is also in the video - I guess this car isn't made for anything less than 4000rpm!

View attachment 68139
View attachment 68140
View attachment 68141

Awesome work man, just watched your video, I got to say the 0-60 are impressive, nearly the same as an ep3 type R, which is insanity!

Quote: “I'd agree if I wasn't still stuck in work”

Be careful what you wish for, stay healthy, keep working & pull together to keep your business/employer going for as long as you can as many lockdown shutdown businesses will be unable to start up again.

The life blood fuel & lubricant of any business is the economic circular flow of money coming into the business & flowing out to its stakeholder employees, owners & suppliers.

Many covid lockdown shut down businesses, first for three months then for as long as it takes will financially collapse under excessive debts, with or without additional Government loans as the businesses debt pile becomes unsustainable.

Save your dough & resources for the long Covid economic stagnation chill & health siege that is coming to all of us worldwide.

As always do your own research & make your own long term good luck! :)

Last edited:

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I hear that.... we fabricate shutter and doors and we are still out 2 to a van servicing and repairing and a lot of non essential jobs all over the place picking up the work others would get if they didn't shut down.... seems like a money maker for some companies
Our leader made stricter regulations for the country on Friday so it seems we are now finally classed as "non-critical". Although I'd say our boss would have kept going as long as possible otherwise

Be careful what you wish for, stay healthy, keep working & pull together to keep your business/employer going for as long as you can as many lockdown shutdown businesses will be unable to start up again.

The life blood fuel & lubricant of any business is the economic circular flow of money coming into the business & flowing out to its stakeholder employees, owners & suppliers.

Many covid lockdown shut down businesses, first for three months then for as long as it takes will financially collapse under excessive debts, with or without additional Government loans as the businesses debt pile becomes unsustainable.

Save your dough & resources for the long Covid economic stagnation chill & health siege that is coming to all of us worldwide.

This. I haven't worked for the family business for a long time but given that my company isn't crew changing for the foreseeable future so that the client can have a guaranteed operational vessel I've stepped back in so that the business still has revenue coming in (which in turn lets the guys who are self isolating with their families keep getting paid. No income means no money to pay anyone obviously).

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?

Our company employs over 200 and made over 30 million last year gross. They can afford a few weeks shutdown and delay

Our company employs over 200 and made over 30 million last year gross. They can afford a few weeks shutdown and delay
Gross doesn't really mean anything. You could have operational costs of 25 million, reinvest 4 million in new machinery to keep yourself competitive as a company and then have 1 mil left over. That honestly doesn't go particularly far if you're completely shut down and still required to pay for everything.

Covid shutdown means no income to pay wages & business costs except UK Government loans adding to the businesses debt pile.

Most businesses operate on a very tight competitive two or three per cent profit margin.

2% of £30M gross income is only £600K annual profit.

Therefore: £600K divided by 200 employees equates too £3K per employee

That’s approx enough annual profit to pay one month’s wages bill when the business is covid shutdown with no income.

That’s the economic abyss reality covid shutdown businesses are facing with no income but all the standing & shutdown costs to cover. :(

Last edited:
So I finally decided to take the sleeper Micra to the dyno! And it was a flop! I did get triple figures, but it wasn't as much as I was hoping!

105.5 bhp
86 lb ft

The dyno people did make a mistake though (here come the excuses!), in that they didn't take it anywhere close to the 8000rpm rev limit!
I made a video of the power runs and results in a little dyno vlog style video. Hope people find it entertaining, especially my reaction when I found out the results!

The car was actually making good power all the way until they backed off the gas pedal way before the limiter kicks in. So I do genuinely think we could have done a lot better. had they kept the pedal to the metal!

The car WILL BE redynoed once the bike throttle bodies are installed, which will be started within a few days!

NOTE - was filmed well before lockdown.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Who needs a van when I clearly own a tardis?
View attachment 68436
The unholy amount of things I put in my car when I was still driving it was amazing. Working as an apprentice fabricator, and the only apprentice with a car, I'm always sent on errands and collections/deliveries of tools to other sites

The unholy amount of things I put in my car when I was still driving it was amazing. Working as an apprentice fabricator, and the only apprentice with a car, I'm always sent on errands and collections/deliveries of tools to other sites

That’s one of the advantages of dependable cheap as chips old K11s, throw anything at it, any rough & ready materials transport job, park it anywhere & it does not matter if it gets marked scraped or dented as long as my K11 wagon keeps on rolling along.

Three Wheels on my K11 Wagon & I’m Still Rolling Along! :cool:

I bottomed the suspension out more than once when I was at uni working jobs under the table. Who knew these things weren't built for hauling cement?

During these lockdown times all about hobbies filling at the weekend.
I painted my tired looking bumpers, (before and after), I got this paint from QVC and it's made an improvement!

Attachments

• 20200411_141022.jpg
    20200411_141022.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 124
  • rear bumper (after).jpg
    rear bumper (after).jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 150
  • rear bumper (before).jpg
    rear bumper (before).jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200411_140525_LI.jpg
    20200411_140525_LI.jpg