what did you do to your micra today ?

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Went to a car show
received_1928085693876995.jpeg
Snapchat-800488321.jpeg
Snapchat-660844976.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I'm back from a motorway run to the airport and back, 240 miles on the nose, and used 21.5 litres brim to brim. That works out at 50.63 MPG. Little Miss Micra (aka Ms.Tornado Grey) seemed quite happy at 3.5K revs, about 70 MPH. I'm pretty pleased to get 50 MPG, no doubt I could do even better by going a little slower to have less wind resistance, or close the windows and sunroof. Cool.

picked those up
a pair of 140mm and afew 147mm brakes
and yesterday fitted a wind deflector from a rear door off a pejero and it kinda fits the sunroof, plus spent alot on parts for its up and comming overhaul :)

Attachments

• P13-06-18_14.37[01].JPG
    P13-06-18_14.37[01].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 338
  • P13-06-18_18.48.JPG
    P13-06-18_18.48.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 331
  • P13-06-18_14.38[01].JPG
    P13-06-18_14.38[01].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 338
  • P13-06-18_14.38.JPG
    P13-06-18_14.38.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 293
  • P13-06-18_14.37.JPG
    P13-06-18_14.37.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 286
  • P12-06-18_18.19[01].JPG
    P12-06-18_18.19[01].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
"For a car as janky as Meredith, I'm honestly over the moon!"

Poor Meredith (Meredith?) doing you proud and you call her janky!
Well done the both of you anyway.

Passed MOT! Duff CV cover and a spot of X member welding.

And right now, at last working through the drivers side footwell leak advice given by MSC members early year!!!! Also replacing wiper motor relay hoping it will sort the return to park/home issue we have.

Just noticed we have a crumbling windscreen washer bottle neck issues.....is literally just crumbling on the side of it ... and cap missing. Anyone got a neck and cap for sale for K11? :)

Leak done! followed the plan explained by some of you .... lets wait till it's wet but I'm confident. Sprayed it over with some Dintrol Coraheat for good measure.

Replaced the wiper home position relay.

Got the neck & cap off ebay and replaced that.

Rustproofed the rusting boot struts, resprayed them & refitted. Resprayed all the steel wheels silver, satin black sprayed the front & rear wiper metalwork and the daughter done a massive internal valet.....blimey this thing looking pretty good after a year and 15k rattling in and out of London every day.

Tomorrow it's over the pit, clean the underside, rust proof and replace the gearbox oil.....going to follow PollyP's step plan on the gearbox oil

Resprayed both front seat metalwork satin black, repaired a decaying parcel shelf, gearbox oil done with support from Frank.

Today repair airbox breakage, spend an hour looking for missing inner arch fit clips, fit the LED's and a new reg plate light cover, and try to find a way stop the exhaust cover rattle by the engine .... all works a treat but rattling bad at certain rev ranges. And then it's back into active service!

At last fitted rear inner arch liners having left them off last year after work. Just about to fit a budget dash cam. And bought a rear shelf with speakers and the A pillar trims with tweeters for £30, not bad. Will fit next week.

After doing the stock window leak fix at the front I read a couple of posts here about blocked sun roof drains.....thought I'd have a look for the hell of it and guess what? Last year I welded a new outer sill and welded over the drain outlet!!! One 18mm hole, rubber extension pipe, grommet and spray Waxoyl later .... a fix! Was convinced the window the problem.....will be a nice dry winter this year :)

Also a spare Peugeot 106 exhaust bracket fitted to the exhaust heat shield and rattle all gone!

A couple of nice easy but very effective fixes for a Wednesday

Built the other drum up on the rear axle and started assembling some bit that were painted to possibly make it easy to put back on
and hopefully another k11 tomorrow/today haha ?
then hopefully get this floor done, been killing me doing it as it gets stupidly hot underneath as well as the grinders over heat , 1inch of you need seal in places lol

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Did an airfield sprint in the ZR, came 14th overall (~45 cars) and 1st in class, pleased to beat a almost new Fiesta ST 1.6 Turbo, which was remapped to 260~300bhp (depending on who you believe) and sticky race tyres (we had standard road tyres).

Hoping to get another week or two of half decent weather to finish off undersealing the the bit between the rear axle and valance. Oh, how I wish i had a one of those thingermcgiggery things they use in garages to hoist your car up in the air sometimes.!
I won't bore you with what a thankless task removing old rusty underseal is!:eek:

Hoping to get another week or two of half decent weather to finish off undersealing the the bit between the rear axle and valance. Oh, how I wish i had a one of those thingermcgiggery things they use in garages to hoist your car up in the air sometimes.!
I won't bore you with what a thankless task removing old rusty underseal is!:eek:
I can’t recommend one of those vibrating multitools enough for this.

Dremels are great but how on earth do you remove body seal with a rotary tool?
With a small grinding wheel and wire cup/wheel brushes. They get in everywhere. Like down ends of chasiss rails and long narrow channels like the exhaust is recessed into. Around curved areas like the cups that the suspension springs fit into.
Curved area/channels like this are ideal for using a small wire brush / grinder type wheel attachment.
I am only doing patches back to the metal so the whole lot does not have to come off or a larger tool as i suspect you are suggesting would be quicker.

ordered monroe shocks and springs all round,370 1994 1.3slx left on the road so I thought I should? front shocks installed, do the rear 2 before work tomorrow..

Attachments

• IMG_20181003_122203.jpg
    IMG_20181003_122203.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_20181003_122208.jpg
    IMG_20181003_122208.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20181003_122214.jpg
    IMG_20181003_122214.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 255
That's the new shocks and springs installed, got the running gear back to metal and sprayed satin black and the wheel wells and undercarriage cleaned and treated with hammerite kurust and sprayed with hammerite stonechip paint.. should look good at the MOT :) got the brake pipes sanded clean and took the Direct line years insurance for £161 not a bad day all in all

Attachments

• IMG_20181004_141016.jpg
    IMG_20181004_141016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20181004_141036.jpg
    IMG_20181004_141036.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20181004_105512.jpg
    IMG_20181004_105512.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20181004_105442.jpg
    IMG_20181004_105442.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 198
That's the new shocks and springs installed, got the running gear back to metal and sprayed satin black and the wheel wells and undercarriage cleaned and treated with hammerite kurust and sprayed with hammerite stonechip paint.. should look good at the MOT :) got the brake pipes sanded clean and took the Direct line years insurance for £161 not a bad day all in all

How much was the full set Also any good?

My rears are leaking so been looking for a half decent replacement. Did you go for gas or oil?
Opted for the oil as the Monroes are as good as or better than the original factory fit set, I suspect I have just removed the original from new shocks, they would have passed the mot but I felt like an upgrade :)

Opted for the oil as the Monroes are as good as or better than the original factory fit set, I suspect I have just removed the original from new shocks, they would have passed the mot but I felt like an upgrade :)

Might grab some and get some lower springs since I'll be down there.

Mine were ok (till I burst one painting it lol) but the rear bushes were going , so got kyb rear dampers and the gas front struts, got to say it made the car completely different, just compared a stock k11 to mine, it's like a boat, (coils may help but still)
£203 isn't bad when you look at the prices even for cheap no brands, also if your bushes are gone it will knock

replaced the wheel cylinders and short brake pipes and did some restoration on the back plate

Attachments

• WP_20181014_16_28_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181014_16_28_29_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
  • WP_20181014_16_43_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181014_16_43_09_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 228
  • WP_20181014_17_16_18_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181014_17_16_18_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
  • WP_20181014_16_17_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181014_16_17_43_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Busy day on the Micra, had to get new front struts as we bent one last time out.

Had to call on Matt Humphris's help, he gave up time this afternoon to find some top mount parts which I needed. Top bloke stopped his planned work to help me out. Should be all set to MOT in a couple of weeks.

Well my activ failed it's mot, and vosa was there, so can image how hard it was beaten and everything :( , anyways 5 bits of welding and a broke seat cable,
So fixed the seat, chopped and welded two bits up tho what was called rotten was more the metal got thin enough that hammering with a screwdriver would damage it
But it will be stronger when done :)

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Ever wondered if the Grp. A airbox is worth it?

I had to test the rally car a few weeks back, and the airbox was in the middle of being fixed (slight hole in it). So I ran with no filter for a few miles that I needed to bed in the front pads. I thought at the time, the mid range and full throttle response was a bit odd. Felt all flat... Been out today with everything back as it should be and miles better, so much better instant throttle response!

I rescued this 97 six from the wreckers for a friend (well actually it was yesterday) just sorted out a slight miss (no 2 injector) and changed oil and oil filter and a fuel filter, fuel out of the filter was pretty grotty so that may have caused no 2 injector to block up.
Here's Spot and the micra both packing cg13des.
Price was £163 (300 aud), no rust and in pretty good condition paint faded and a little surface rust, couple of dings...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EEYvdkGQZFTBnCSP8

Last edited:
Replaced the tyres today even though they had plenty of tread and looked in great condition! but, they were the original continentals 2001!!
Bought this K11 SE 5 door 1.0 Auto only last week, 1 owner 17 nissan main dealer stamps in the book, totally immaculate original condition, 17,500 on the clock, Had to change the tyres just for peace of mind.

Ever wondered if the Grp. A airbox is worth it?

I had to test the rally car a few weeks back, and the airbox was in the middle of being fixed (slight hole in it). So I ran with no filter for a few miles that I needed to bed in the front pads. I thought at the time, the mid range and full throttle response was a bit odd. Felt all flat... Been out today with everything back as it should be and miles better, so much better instant throttle response!
Performance wise its lovely, making it fit without rubbing or melting on a coilpack engine however.... Sucks!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I rescued this 97 six from the wreckers for a friend (well actually it was yesterday) just sorted out a slight miss (no 2 injector) and changed oil and oil filter and a fuel filter, fuel out of the filter was pretty grotty so that may have caused no 2 injector to block up.
Here's Spot and the micra both packing cg13des.
Price was £163 (300 aud), no rust and in pretty good condition paint faded and a little surface rust, couple of dings...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/EEYvdkGQZFTBnCSP8
sounds a deal

Well like an idiot I got some diesel contaminated petrol
Been fine just a bit of .smoke on cold start, but shuts be sucking the diesel through now ,she smokes.like a blown engine haha
that's cold start lol, , proves how durable a k11 is tho

Just put my 2001 k11 through the mot.
I found two minute holes in the in the sill, I had welded up for £50 and changed the tail light bulb.
Sailed through the MOt with just an advisory on getting the front brake pads changed in near future.
Another year ahead of trouble free motoring for peanuts !