what did you do to your micra today ?

Complete exhaust system from down pipe to back box and new windscreen :) could have got another car for the price but I like this one,,,,, it's mine

Tinted my fogs yellow, I was toying with the idea of doing the headlights aswell.
Thought I would also include a picture of an rta I watched unfold in front of me. The skoda charged up the hill lost it and smacked into the corsa. Don't be idiots folks
d270c86fa1630c734d59d5db226b89e7.jpg
8ab586465beb5ca5fce27d6120ea212d.jpg

Sent from my F5321 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

more of a weekly post this, as its been a week in the making.
Monday I received my genuine Impul front bumper :D which then saw the metal mesh and paint being stripped off revealing the original silver paint
5a995667-730f-4397-92b8-4a9ecda45230.jpg

9b8a08f1-9c2f-4a77-86f9-e270c640c478.jpg

7c25c971-cb86-47d3-a84e-02ff9790ef9c.jpg

Tuesday saw repairs being made to the fiberglass and reinforcement added to the drivers side mounting hole.
20aaaa6e-146b-45e8-9127-da2e941a1736.jpg

e0df0e77-502c-49ef-a522-bb69069df74e.jpg

Wednesday was paint prep, 80 grit all over and shaped body filler. Followed by 180, 320 and 500 grit, then primed.
5ebdabb8-921c-42d5-8e26-b770eb8602f5.jpg

Thursday, 800 wet & dry followed by 1200 grit wet & dry. Then colour passes started, starburst silver (colour matching)
895533d0-0156-4f54-a946-2db4efdf1cb7.jpg

Friday, masked silver off and painted matt black then lacquered
63921361-a62b-4a23-b551-9854b6b54ca6.jpg

Saturday, fitted. Wasn't quite a quite as simple as take old off and put new on. had to make a new bonnet latch support that doesn't go all the way to the lower crossmember and due to the curved nature of the 2nd facelift headlights 5mm had to be removed from where it was hitting.
WP_20170611_13_27_42_Rich.jpg

Just got to get some cai mouldings for the top outer slots so that the weather doesn't directly hit the lower crossmember

Found out that I need a new R/H Ball joint. Only fitted new arm last year :(

The two bolts that go into the floor of the car were well tight last year. Had to use heat in case they snapped into the floor.
I don't have any heat now as I've moved away. Do I risk doing it without heat :confused:

..... replaced 5w capless bulbs on reg plate, fixed rusty radio unit and replaced rear fuse.....replaced 65amp under bonnet fuse, put front bumper on, at last connected tow bar electrics (details kindly supplied by Davyboy), and got a clean MOT! Happy days. Now to the clean up work....

Under body spray and spray with old engine oil, replace wiper motor to cure wiper park problem .... unfortunately without success. Interior and exterior valet and fixed garage lighting we blew while welding new sills and floor repairs! :( ..... the end is nigh for a while.

yesterday got the inspiration passed its test with no minors although the windscreen cracked just after...... then took the gearbox out of the micra s for its replacement to go in
and today scrapped the purple micra cause it was rotten badly even the bulk head was, deemed scrap (before i got it) stripped and well it was just knacked

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
On yet another northern road trip with work... and collected an almost brand new Civic 'racing' (all alloy) rad. Nice and thick core, and should fit with minimal mods.

Took the aftermarket cd player out to see what's going on in there because my driver side speaker isn't working.. was met with a pile of burned cables and one hell of a no fks given install job. Surprised the player even worked at all when looking at the cable work.

Was really hoping it would've just been a bad connection, kinda ruined my day :p

Took the aftermarket cd player out to see what's going on in there because my driver side speaker isn't working.. was met with a pile of burned cables and one hell of a no fks given install job. Surprised the player even worked at all when looking at the cable work.

Was really hoping it would've just been a bad connection, kinda ruined my day :p
Lucky you never had a fire buddy.

Painted my muffler with black high heat paint and added a nice little chrome tip to add a bit of swag :p It was pretty interesting 2 days driving without a muffler. This little thing makes all the right noises lol.
pycFBSy.jpg

RICCAh0.png

Now it sounds like a vacuum cleaner again and I have to admit, I'm a bit sad :( Oh well. Fun has to end at some point, right? Might go with a reasonable sounding aftermarket muffler at some point that would give it just a bit of sound but nothing too extreme. The issue for me is the bend these have on the muffler pipe, if I buy an aftermarket one I can't weld all the supports on etc. Not really a high priority at the moment anyways so it's ok.

It has been a *very* long time since I posted on here, life got hectic all at once and what not.

Anyway, Mrs Micra has still been going strong! Everyone loves to give me crap about my "knackered old Micra" but until you've owned a Micra, you just don't understand, do you? :D

So she is now very close to the big 100,000 miles, having got her last October on 61,000! Absolutely everything has gone now, every single bush has had it, all the shocks gave out long ago, the sunroof leaks, only one speaker works currently... The list is pretty comprehensive, but its all little things... I always mean to fix them but I'm really struggling to find the time, sadly Mrs Micra, as much as I desperately lover her, gets neglected :/

However that should all change now, I've got a stable and well paid job, so it's time for me to pull my finger out and give back to a car that has never failed me once. The most recent thing I did was change the clutch myself, which I was surprised to find to be a really easy job with the Haynes to hand. I had the clutch done at about 70,000 miles but it was at the very end of adjustment at 95,000. It shouldn't have died that early but I can't help but do burnouts and razz it off the line, I love the surprise on all the 1.6 Golf boys when a 1.0 Micra keeps up with them haha.

Perhaps the biggest news regarding Mrs Micra is that she has been to Berlin! It was one hell of a journey and I managed to hit 110 MPH on the clock on the Autobahn! For the most part I was cruising at 95MPH for about 6 hours straight, the car did not care at all! I actually got pulled over by the German border police, who gave the car the most intense search I've ever seen, to the point where they seriously asked me to pull my pants down and one of them had a look around there, sadly he didn't find anything he seemed to like.

IMG_20170207_160714100.jpg

Just after an MOT where it failed for "serious brake imbalance on the rear wheels" however the guy liked the horn, so he passed her!

IMG_20161229_142130488_HDR.jpg

Dirty as hell as usual!
IMG_20161105_100806539_HDR.jpg

That's her at the port of Holland, droopy door shown off to its max.
IMG_20161103_141638452_HDR.jpg

Next to the American Beast at a German petrol station.
IMG_20161102_180137526_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161102_134926436_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161102_134905111_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161101_164601172_HDR.jpg

Finally some German market Micras. The blue one I found interesting, never seen one with that pinstripe on it.

well got the little micra s running and driving again now with 5 gears lol
im surprised at how smooth and quiet it is compared to other coil pack k11s ive driven
just some little things to sort out now for its mot :)

Attachments

• P07-07-17_21.22[01].JPG
    P07-07-17_21.22[01].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
  • P07-07-17_21.22[02].JPG
    P07-07-17_21.22[02].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 231

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
A number of jobs done to the rally car, sadly the Civic 'racing' rad won't fit due to the way the sump guard mounts.

So anyone want an all alloy rad for a Micra, with fan?

Took the investigation of my burned audio cables a bit further. Starting to regret that decision. Pretty much lost all hope I had of getting it all sorted out.

Also, what exactly is this black box thing the cables run into?
SzaULGQ.jpg

Jesus christ allmighty these cables have seen some sht. I don't even know how do you mess up this badly? Cmon.
AK6IE47.jpg

some extra pics of the damage will be here http://imgur.com/a/MpjeU . I even found half of a drill bit inside my driver side door.

Took the investigation of my burned audio cables a bit further. Starting to regret that decision. Pretty much lost all hope I had of getting it all sorted out.

SzaULGQ.jpg

Jesus christ allmighty these cables have seen some sht. I don't even know how do you mess up this badly? Cmon.
AK6IE47.jpg

some extra pics of the damage will be here http://imgur.com/a/MpjeU . I even found half of a drill bit inside my driver side door.

SzaULGQ.jpg

AK6IE47.jpg

Black box, if it is about 35mm approx dimensions under the dash adjacent to the steering column then it looks like it is the indicators control electronic relay?
Find a electrician mate of a mate as electrician services reqd to asses, inspect, diagnose and make safe burned out wiring. Otherwise this calamity may cost more to rectify than the vehicle is worth rendering it beyond ecconomic repair? When determined you can find a way to make it happen and not give up. Just do it! :cool:

Last edited:
Black box, if it is about 35mm approx dimensions uner the dash adjacent to the steering column then it looks like it is the indicators control electronic relay?
Find a electrician mate of a mate as electrician services reqd to asses, inspect, diagnose and make safe burned out wiring. Otherwise this calamity may cost more to rectify than the vehicle is worth rendering it beyond ecconomic repair? When determined you can find a way to make it happen and not give up. Just do it! :cool:

Sadly there's pretty much no way I'm going to find a electrician that would look at it with my budget.. I'm kinda on my own. My step father is a electrician though, never really worked on cars but understands "electric things" nonetheless. I took my whole dashboard out today and will be starting the fixing process. I also managed to crack my damn windshield while I was at it. This is not my day and this car is not giving me a good time :p It was 100% my own fault though, I was too damn lazy to remove the steering wheel (WHY, IT LITERALLY WOULD'VE TAKEN 1 MINUTE.) and tried getting the dashboard out with the steering wheel on. Well, ended up cracking the glass.

The positive side however would be that the windshield was in HORRIBLE condition. It has crack(s) that kinda circled on the edges of the glass making almost a full circle around the windshield. Don't think it would've passed it's next MOT anyways. Already got a offer from 1 company, 245€ for glass and work, think I have no other option than to go with it. If the electronics aren't completely ****ed, that is. Then I don't know what I'll do..

Sadly there's pretty much no way I'm going to find a electrician that would look at it with my budget.. I'm kinda on my own. My step father is a electrician though, never really worked on cars but understands "electric things" nonetheless. I took my whole dashboard out today and will be starting the fixing process. I also managed to crack my damn windshield while I was at it. This is not my day and this car is not giving me a good time :p It was 100% my own fault though, I was too damn lazy to remove the steering wheel (WHY, IT LITERALLY WOULD'VE TAKEN 1 MINUTE.) and tried getting the dashboard out with the steering wheel on. Well, ended up cracking the glass.

The positive side however would be that the windshield was in HORRIBLE condition. It has crack(s) that kinda circled on the edges of the glass making almost a full circle around the windshield. Don't think it would've passed it's next MOT anyways. Already got a offer from 1 company, 245€ for glass and work, think I have no other option than to go with it. If the electronics aren't completely ####ed, that is. Then I don't know what I'll do..

Did you buy the thing from a car dealer as you will have a consumer legal claim in Uk Consumer Protection law as the thing was unfit for purpose, unsafe & dangerously unroadworthy? Good luck.

Did you buy the thing from a car dealer as you will have a consumer legal claim in Uk Consumer Protection law as the thing was unfit for purpose, unsafe & dangerously unroadworthy? Good luck.
I'm in Finland, and no it was not from a dealer. Nothing I can really do than suck it up and at least try and fix the issues. It actually might be as easy as replacing the couple of destroyed cables, everything worked until yesterday when I removed the 2 cables from the black box thing. After touching them, some of my electronics lost their mind. The cables that connect to the black box are the most damaged from what I've seen so far. And again, even tho damaged, all the electronics worked no problemo before I as much as poked those cables with my little finger.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it :D

I'm in Finland, and no it was not from a dealer. Nothing I can really do than suck it up and at least try and fix the issues. It actually might be as easy as replacing the couple of destroyed cables, everything worked until yesterday when I removed the 2 cables from the black box thing. After touching them, some of my electronics lost their mind. The cables that connect to the black box are the most damaged from what I've seen so far. And again, even tho damaged, all the electronics worked no problemo before I as much as poked those cables with my little finger.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it :D

Your step fathers experience will be what’s reqd & able to help sort it with a Haynes circuit diagram. Just ask and he will most likely be pleased to advise or help and two heads are better than one.

This is a complex safety related fire risk that needs to approached logically rationally with caution. A serious fire hazard risk & I suggest getting it away from nearby buildings, trees, hedges & combustible materials (nearby cars). The risk is then only yours. Good luck.

Your step fathers experience will be what’s reqd & able to help sort it with a Haynes circuit diagram. Just ask and he will most likely be pleased to advise or help and two heads are better than one.

This is a complex safety related fire risk that needs to approached logically rationally with caution. A serious fire hazard risk & I suggest getting it away from nearby buildings, trees, hedges & combustible materials (nearby cars). The risk is then only yours. Good luck.

A solid 8 hours of work later I swapped out the burned cables but stereo system cables still need to be replaced, that's IF I want to have any audio system in the car. The previous owners stereo installation was where this whole mess began, which is evident by the 0 fks given install job, exposed copper touching and all that fun stuff. right now I'm just resorting to removing the fuse until I sort those cables out as well. I changed the two burned cables and my turn signals and wipers work again, hurray! Made sure to do a good many fks given job of it too this time..

Current situation is: only audio related cables remain burned and damaged. The overall damage was actually way lesser than I expected.

Here's what my morning looked like.. (also displaying the nice crack I made in the windshield)

V2mlQaw.jpg

Here's what I'm currently at. I could put it all together and be happy right now but I found the motivation to swap out the stereo cables while I'm at it. Gonna proceed tomorrow.

NQCU0Pq.jpg

(actually I lied, I just HAD to clean up the car before I left :p But this is the last pic I took of the progress..)

Fitted a new induction kit Saturday morning. I've done 80 miles with it so far and no problems to report. Other than the slightly deeper note under throttle, it has made zero difference. (It also looks better I guess!)

3e96f6ef4ed7026593a70b9d4f84b9a6.jpg
what kit is this mate? looks better then the almera box i'm running haha

Spotted this reg for sale, so I bought it.

Looks sick! I love the orange blinkers.

So, after fixing my wipers, turn signal and couple other things my tail lights stopped working :D After a long battle they're up and running again. Now the only thing not working as it should is the stereo system and I'm still not sure if I should even bother replacing all the cables. It would surely add some resale value because many people will turn the car down for sure if it has no stereo and I'm not going to lie and just tell them "yeah just needs a stereo" when half of the cables are burned.

Need to think about this. However I'm happy the "important" issues are finally solved.

pgZgeci.jpg

Mines a bit rustic... Just spent £350 on welding.

Great fun tho, even if I feel a teenage fool again...at 48, should I know better than to enjoy this guilty pleasure?

Attachments

• _20170713_085713.JPG
    _20170713_085713.JPG
    974.8 KB · Views: 171
  • _20170713_085630.JPG
    _20170713_085630.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • _20170710_180839.JPG
    _20170710_180839.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
yesterday went to a exporter to get a rear axle for a nissan d21
had the boot full of gear to get the axle off and he already had it off for us
i have to say it tows well (its the second time towing with it)

Attachments

• P12-07-17_15.23.JPG
    P12-07-17_15.23.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 167