what did you do to your micra today ?

Took first in class by 3 seconds from the regular sprint competitiors at Combe.

Always pleasing when your competitors want to look over the car to see why you are soo quick ;)

Looked like a drive around Cornwall with all those bends, but no hedges and no hills gave it away.
Smooth driving there Uno.....and well done buddy.:)

With the weather being good down here on the southern sub-tropical tax haven island of Guernsey I took Steffi Cab out for some long spins in the warm sunshine! Although she was clean I couldn't resist giving her a valet lol! B-)
1490642744154.jpg
1490642799252.jpg
1490642822953.jpg
1490642839312.jpg
1490642850957.jpg
1490642873258.jpg
1490642904367.jpg

Working without a hydraulic ramp and therefore on the floor how long did it take to replace each cv joint DIY? I may have to do my CV boots this summer & choose either DIY or outsource it?

I did this job .
Was the first time for me and took about 30 minutes ( one side) going slowly.
Ciao e buon lavoro.

Today I found out one half of My bottom radiator splash sheild thing had broken, so not wanting to risk damaging stuff, I "borrowed" what I needed from the GFs Preface which is currently in Dry Dock. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Took out the wee bit of plastic under the accelerator pedal, which I presume is some sort of restriction device.. Doing so Give me an extra inch or two when pushing the pedal to the floor, not sure if it helps acceleration any or if I'm just imagining things but she sure as hell has a wee bit more to give after doing it

Sent from my F3211 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

On Sunday replaced the drivers side outer CV, my mate held the inner drive shaft to stabilise it and to make sure I didn't remove the whole shaft whilst tapping off the CV joint! IMHO you need a second pair of hands to make sure the inner drive shaft and outer CV joint is in line whilst removing it and also refitting the new CV joint. Each side took me one and a half hours but I did clean everything (being OCD) and torqued up all bolts etc! B-)
1491426583591.jpg
1491426611206.jpg
1491426635865.jpg
1491426670376.jpg
1491426697379.jpg
1491426720376.jpg
1491426743384.jpg
1491426765810.jpg
1491426794178.jpg
1491426881523.jpg

Last edited:
Took out the wee bit of plastic under the accelerator pedal, which I presume is some sort of restriction device.. Doing so Give me an extra inch or two when pushing the pedal to the floor, not sure if it helps acceleration any or if I'm just imagining things but she sure as hell has a wee bit more to give after doing it

Sent from my F3211 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
How is going the car?
Did improve the accelleration or not?
I want to do the same.

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk

What did I do to my Micra - March today? Nothing, it was too wet and miserable for me to have left the house.
The March has taken what was meant to be a very temporary spot in the garage where my wife park her Mitzi Lancer so time is important.

Midge the March is there so that I can repair some dings and bangs put there by the previous owner who seemed to have partaken in close quarter combat driving around supermarket car parks and inner city alley ways.

I got a quote from a couple of body shops to have this work done, but their charge is astronomically high - besides, I think they prefer insurance work anyway. No other choice but to do this work myself.
But I'm so out of practice that I'm making blue's allover the place so the work is taking longer than I thought.
I'm now up to laying on the base coat and clear coats, but I need to have the car outside in the sun, or at least warmer temps, but this spell of crap weather is preventing this from happening.

In the meantime, the Lancer is parked out in the drive way and in the rain and the looks I'm getting from her-in-doors seems to indicate that the storm is only going to get worse.

What did I do to my Micra - March today? Nothing, it was too wet and miserable for me to have left the house.
The March has taken what was meant to be a very temporary spot in the garage where my wife park her Mitzi Lancer so time is important.

Midge the March is there so that I can repair some dings and bangs put there by the previous owner who seemed to have partaken in close quarter combat driving around supermarket car parks and inner city alley ways.

I got a quote from a couple of body shops to have this work done, but their charge is astronomically high - besides, I think they prefer insurance work anyway. No other choice but to do this work myself.
But I'm so out of practice that I'm making blue's allover the place so the work is taking longer than I thought.
I'm now up to laying on the base coat and clear coats, but I need to have the car outside in the sun, or at least warmer temps, but this spell of crap weather is preventing this from happening.

In the meantime, the Lancer is parked out in the drive way and in the rain and the looks I'm getting from her-in-doors seems to indicate that the storm is only going to get worse.
We've just had 10 weeks of the wet stuff, but sunny, sunny here in Cornwall now thank god.
And yes....your storm is on the way ....lol:D

Driving to work this Morning, the Handbrake warning light kept flickering on and off but driving back didn't do it once. I checked the Brake Fluid and it was about a CM above minimum so topped it up to just below the Max line. Here's hoping that's all it was..

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Driving to work this Morning, the Handbrake warning light kept flickering on and off but driving back didn't do it once. I checked the Brake Fluid and it was about a CM above minimum so topped it up to just below the Max line. Here's hoping that's all it was..

The switch is underneath the handbrake lever in the plastic trim. Give it a few pushes to clean it out maybe

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
My lights are a bit weird on the dash. The brake fluid light is wired to come on with the handbrake light whatever that's about. But the handbrake switch on my other car used to act up and would randomly flick on and off. I took it out and cleaned all the fluff off and that fixed it

My lights are a bit weird on the dash. The brake fluid light is wired to come on with the handbrake light whatever that's about. But the handbrake switch on my other car used to act up and would randomly flick on and off. I took it out and cleaned all the fluff off and that fixed it

Cleaning the Switch will be my next port of call. The Car is currently sorn so is kinda low priority.

IMG_20160423_120035.jpg You need one of these....all shiny and new, glass beaded clean and ready for what you want to do with it (?)
Or the really rare plastic rocker cover (!)

Attachments

• DSC_0207.jpg
    DSC_0207.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Repainted some plastic parts. Not quite yesterday, but recently. One love, one Micra :)

Attachments

• 20170216_164548_HDR.jpg
    20170216_164548_HDR.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20170216_164552_HDR.jpg
    20170216_164552_HDR.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 20170216_164559_HDR.jpg
    20170216_164559_HDR.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 20170217_130224_HDR.jpg
    20170217_130224_HDR.jpg