what did you do to your micra today ?

I have a Sendai CD789 in my Micra with blaupunkt internal aireal (as my roof one shafted). You may laugh but the Sendai picks up much more stations clearer then my Alpine did!
The Blaupunkt Radio seemed to pick up more stations so now my OCD has kicked in and I'm wondering if I connected the Aerial right (I know I did) I'm just going to cycle through the stations manually and see if that works.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

The Blaupunkt Radio seemed to pick up more stations so now my OCD has kicked in and I'm wondering if I connected the Aerial right (I know I did) I'm just going to cycle through the stations manually and see if that works.

I find from experience that when you have a weak signal you tend to get BBC stations and not many of the network stations. I think that BBC use better transmitters?
I did try an in line amplifer with the existing roof aerial, but reception wasn't good at all. I then went with the Blaupunkt internal amplified aerial and the reception is fantastic..
Then the Alpine died a year later and I replaced with a Sendai, as didn't want to spend much. The reception is even better then the Alpine!

Finished spraying and lacquered my SR mirrors just waiting for a drivers side replacement mirror now! B-)
1483192488184.jpg
1483192496340.jpg

Thought I'd fit the Parrot hands free I ripped out the Bimmer but the ISO connectors have wires in different places to the Parrot ISO connectors, don't know why?! Further investigation is needed......
855af58f4907fd9461fb19ad47db0977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know buddy, mate of mine took his Vauxhall cavalier out to our local one and got £150 for it.

That's delivered then. I found they would pick up for free at the time mine was scrapped, it sounds like that may be the case now perhaps.

Actually just tried one place, they'll pay me £20 if they collect and £45 if I deliver it.

Thought I'd fit the Parrot hands free I ripped out the Bimmer but the ISO connectors have wires in different places to the Parrot ISO connectors, don't know why?! Further investigation is needed......
855af58f4907fd9461fb19ad47db0977.jpg

Well, having checked carefully seems Parrot use completely different colours to standard ISO connectors but all the wires are in the right places so its all connected up and working through the car speakers. just need to find the little bracket for the mic - seems I may have left it in the other car which is now scrapped! D'oh!! Ebay here I come!

Have also found that the constant 12v and switched ign 12v are the wrong way round so the unit never turns off! Simple swap of the fuse folder tops sorted that one out :)

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Started wiring in the heated front screen on the SuperS.

Turned out to me a small PITA as Nissan conveniently changed the wiring between 94 and 96, so I had to do some last minute pinout changes to get the two 25A relays switching successfully.

Would have been easier to get an early grey dash switch but I wanted the later pre-face black dash switch to more easily distinguish between front & rear.

Final loom trimming, soldering and shrinking saved for another day :)

That's delivered then. I found they would pick up for free at the time mine was scrapped, it sounds like that may be the case now perhaps.

Actually just tried one place, they'll pay me £20 if they collect and £45 if I deliver it.
Around here now they know the value of the parts, that's ebay for you (!)

Bought this mint Micra from a friend and member on Friday..and now on the motorway a foreign lorry hit me.
Spinned a couple of times managed to avoid the other vehicles on the 3rd lane and then put it straght.
All this while doing 70 on the M11.
I am glas ABS kicked in and I was wearing my seatbelt.
I am gutted but at least I am alive and unharmed.

9cf0c3ac69ebfa93716ee8387cff8d5b.jpg
652d1345d80f6361b9e647cb90226483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Over the weekend on my 2003 1.4 SE+ I finished refurbishing the rear wheel arches, I have now applied 3 coats of Carplan Tetraseal under body thick brush on compound. I also resprayed a small patch on drivers side rear wheel arch! I also refurbished the rear axle and panhard rod, I wire wheeled the rear axle and panhard rod I then applied Hammerite Kurust and then applied 3 coats of Simoniz high performance super tough black chip resistant paint. Next task is to refurbish the rear springs and the lower seats. The axle stands have been removed for the pics! B-)
1484494547029.jpg
1484494559321.jpg
1484494577177.jpg
1484494601751.jpg
1484494622200.jpg
1484494633465.jpg
1484494655088.jpg

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Some REALLY basic loom work done for the turbo K11 to finally add closed loop lambda control to the Omex.

20170115_220916.jpg

Logged on here for the first time in a while. Took a break from Internet for a few months due to wanting a break from the Internet a little a bit.
Sadly what's made me come back online, my turbo micra was vandalised weekend just gone and all the windows were smashed and all the panels kicked in. Hadn't driven it over the winter due to semi slicks on it and I think people just thought it was abandoned.
So sadly all the turbo gear has come off. Still have my blue turd facelift so will have to turbo that I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spotted "my " K11 for sale at a local used car dealership. It's a pre-facelift 1.0 litre CVT model, with only 30K miles on the clock. Frankly, it would be cheap at twice the price. Immaculate little car.

I've rang the dealership and will be heading down there to buy it at 3PM. I know I haven't passed my test yet, but having the car sitting under tarp in my back yard should provide me with all the motivation I need to get myself up to test standard and start driving.

Edit: The "immaculate little car" turned out to be a tarted-up donkey. Rust holes in the chassis, leaky seals and all sorts. Contrary to the advert, there was over 75'000 miles on the clock. Did he think I wouldn't check?

Anyway, I left it. The hunt continues.

Last edited:
@Andy5077

I genuinely did a double-take at your picture. At first glance, I thought you were using ordinary clothes pegs to hold the trim in place!

Anyway, it looks cool as. I'd love to know where you got your hands on genuine Nissan bits this day and age... Was it a lucky ebay find?

I've only done 2 small things lately. 1. I've removed my Halfords Vent mounted cup holder because I want one of those Hens teeth JDM ones. 2. I've bought a Dash cam. The fact I have a sunstrip on my windscreen hides it great. :)

Looks like a JDM AK11 front bumper and the location of wing indicators are different? Think I may have seen this colour in a AK11 sales brochure so it could be OEM! B-)

Got some flexible led drl and wired up two weeks ago
y3mK2QEOo554Q4OxFbcgPJ6nI4S7IReC9AsCWRvkQ-6vM4eT5ldN8a1ZnmI4dhK3_JaYdBPCyInL1ldR0lZ1iNP1a-rPemKMAqkoDOiH538EcI7JhQHvlGO5DJ1I7ozPQ9zI4BFdOtP1UDlnc9OAI0PeraGTH98Md99KfVz7dE0C8A

got an fury autoworx induction kit which i fitted on monday
y3mL1wfPwh19Nx888CnDYFzpegkpx315RYuozG42XhUzN4J3kXYQK3Rk0UAZ06EvL0JlKOaf8Mlzq4AzDugqdk0zL51Jk4zXCaPv-Fqp2tHAv8VRNqnAjgLb88LFUgGbtwORa9sYYQpw4tGh5us32SSrL1DCITwRqFY4eiBsQhlFzc

Then recieved my fury autoworx decals from pro cut vinyl
y3mRZF0EAsT2xm7zhJ0AVWwXncN5R7ZnW8pnE3imcyraGxmeog_omBuRRl_eWquthUmskCPVZjbZc9HG1NMiS7eJ57xo44H9kx7mhUpZUyX3X8WGn4nSZJOKCSRJdUU5m1CYF2Na1B2JWxoGewOIuGc-DsPN6R9QSgWp99nAps9a2M

Last edited: