what did you do to your micra today ?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
bda0eacec891289361e343e9a3356d64.jpg
fd274abf3b49f5af5e9d525a8cffdbe9.jpg

Muhuhaha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Had 4 New Tyres fitted because the old ones were 15yrs old and had perished. I think the previous owner hardly used Car so it sat for long periods.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

^^ mine's a bit like that too, might be worth checking the brakes too - mine had a leaky wheel cylinder and front pads were falling apart!!

8fc30dd8d3af059dc682c8b0864e3347.jpg

From EBAY. Sold as not working but works great. Cassette Tapes don't play but I have one of those adapter on a wire things and that works good so I'm happy. I think it's out of a pre Face so doesn't sit flush but I don't care.

Got the radio today:) 8 screws and the plug-in blocks were all correct. Working great though it seems louder than the jvc cd player? I haven't been able to play my Bowie tapes for years!

Attachments

• WP_20161010_18_05_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161010_18_05_41_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 247
Got the radio today:) 8 screws and the plug-in blocks were all correct. Working great though it seems louder than the jvc cd player? I haven't been able to play my Bowie tapes for years!
So cool that it doesn't need a code, I just wish I had the proper brackets for mine.

Have a bit of a dilemma with my gold SR once the sills are repaired what colour do I spray them? I will never match the original gold till the whole car is resprayed at a later date so should I spray them a different colour perhaps black?? :-S

Have a bit of a dilemma with my gold SR once the sills are repaired what colour do I spray them? I will never match the original gold till the whole car is resprayed at a later date so should I spray them a different colour perhaps black?? :-S

I'm leaving mine black. I have black bumpers so it suits it though

1993 Prefacelift GT15 turbo cg10de(t) @ 7psi
2001 Facelift cg10de

MikeHP

Site Supporter
After 'helping' my dad's mate Tim to weld the rear arches and a sill patch a couple of weekends ago (everybody needs a mate like Tim), I fixed the handbrake cables last night and put another year's ticket on it this afternoon. Hoorah! Think I'll go for a little drive to celebrate.

Advisories include corroding coil springs - ah well, I guess I'll have to put some lowering springs on then!

The issue of colour for repaired sills is a particularly sensitive one for me; while I'd always prefer to colour-code, that gets a bit difficult when the Mystique's original flip paint isn't made any more (I'm sure you're all sick of hearing that from me now)!

Sorry, no pics as my phone's camera ist kaputt.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

After 'helping' my dad's mate Tim to weld the rear arches and a sill patch a couple of weekends ago (everybody needs a mate like Tim), I fixed the handbrake cables last night and put another year's ticket on it this afternoon. Hoorah! Think I'll go for a little drive to celebrate.

Advisories include corroding coil springs - ah well, I guess I'll have to put some lowering springs on then!

The issue of colour for repaired sills is a particularly sensitive one for me; while I'd always prefer to colour-code, that gets a bit difficult when the Mystique's original flip paint isn't made any more (I'm sure you're all sick of hearing that from me now)!

Sorry, no pics as my phone's camera ist kaputt.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Always interested to hear about and see pics of the rare Mystique and the even rarer export version Aztek (only 180 made)! B-)

After finally deciding I'm not getting rid of my 2002 1ltr sport, after 3 years of ownership and especially after having no advisories on the latest mot compared to the one the previous owner sold me it with which had about 10.
I've finally started to tidy it up, resprayed black trim on front and back bumpers, plus door handles from faded light grey. Checked heater resistor card to see if i could repair (unfortunately too far gone :( ), checked sunroof drains and yes they're blocked, glad I work in a place that makes nylon tubing (even if they are meant for HGV's).

Finished making sill repair piece, need to find someone to cut and weld some on. Started my K11 preface 1.0 first time in month, started fine then kept on spewing smoke on throttle, not full white like coolant burning but dirtier gray. Didn't do that when i got it couple months ago. Now wondering if it's because temperature has dropped from 20 to 2C and the car seems to run bit rich judging by the smell. Sure don't want to change head gsket. :rolleyes:

And some pics of the repair piece, made with hammer, clamps, broomstick and some random wood. Oiled.

http://imgur.com/a/cnpDV

Finished making sill repair piece, need to find someone to cut and weld some on. Started my K11 preface 1.0 first time in month, started fine then kept on spewing smoke on throttle, not full white like coolant burning but dirtier gray. Didn't do that when i got it couple months ago. Now wondering if it's because temperature has dropped from 20 to 2C and the car seems to run bit rich judging by the smell. Sure don't want to change head gsket. :rolleyes:

And some pics of the repair piece, made with hammer, clamps, broomstick and some random wood. Oiled.

http://imgur.com/a/cnpDV
No head gasket buddy, just been sitting for a month.....full of condensation.
Never good to leave a car sit like that, especially if its outside.

Drove mine 120 miles to Brands Hatch for BSB. Didn't miss a beat but on the concrete sections on the M25 it felt very vague and skatey. Perhaps the trackings out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered some team heko wind deflectors, about 2-3 week delivery time on them though :(. Also got talking to my friend, who is a shop foreman at a local welders, about getting me some 2 and a half inch stainless for the turbo setup

Clodo

Club Member
Heyaa guys not really the place to put it but after a quick reply... How do you guys go about un blocking the sunroof drain?? Thank-you xxx

Been to get alignment rechecked free because steering wheel was pointing left whilst going dead straight. Mechanic has aligned it back the best he can but said he believes the car to have been in a bump at some point so isn't perfect. Either way, if I'm not happy with it I can come back for a refund of the original fee. Happy days.

Heyaa guys not really the place to put it but after a quick reply... How do you guys go about un blocking the sunroof drain?? Thank-you xxx

Hi Cloe best to use a air compressor with a nozzle attachment or a very long wire but you must be careful not to pierce the drainage hose that goes into the A pillar and into the side sill! B-)

Extend the tubes through the side sills to stop the sill rut! B-)
Will be doing that at some point, just got to wait for the one of the extrusion lines to run the right diameter tubing, so i can nick some of the startup scrap, hopefully my dad will be running the size i need tonight whilst he's in work

At the weekend my mate welded in the sill patch on the SR (sill robbed from the donor car)! I then applied zinc primer. I applied P38 many times to achieve the desired finish and then primed in preparation for finishing coats of paint! B-)
1476809775992.jpg

“Bizarre over 60s spark cow stampede off roading on common land dangling carrots from their Nissan Micra”

October 17, 2016

"I don’t often dangle my carrot, but when I do I prefer to be in a Nissan Micra K11."

Who are the Micra three anarchists ?

Three elderly people were seen off-roading across Minchinhampton Common, luring cattle behind them with carrots - one woman was sitting in the boot, dangling out of the back of the car, said Nailsworth resident Ali Elderfield.

“They were literally off-roading in a Micra and the boot was open with this woman sat in there, laughing and holding carrots out for the cows, but the cows chased as the car drove over the grass.

Read: Stroud Life Editor's Comment: 'Micra Three' could have caused mayhem with carrots

“The driver was near the road, all the cows then started running in the road.

“The man driving and woman is passenger seat all looked like they were in their 60s and were all laughing.

At least two other people saw the incident, reported by Ali on Facebook group Nailsworth Chat and Information this afternoon.

The Micra was around 12 years old and dark blue and the occupants of the car were all over the age of 60 said Ali.
Hilarious. ;);)

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...9816270-detail/story.html#oTMp0eMef3tJWsXr.99

Last edited:
“The man driving and woman is passenger seat all looked like they were in their 60s and were all laughing.

It was some old people having a blast around a field, probably flying high with the clouds, simple taking the cows for a afternoon run enticing them with their favorite veg.

What's not to love about this?

“Bizarre over 60s spark cow stampede off roading on common land dangling carrots from their Nissan Micra”

October 17, 2016

"I don’t often dangle my carrot, but when I do I prefer to be in a Nissan Micra K11."

Who are the Micra three anarchists ?

Three elderly people were seen off-roading across Minchinhampton Common, luring cattle behind them with carrots - one woman was sitting in the boot, dangling out of the back of the car, said Nailsworth resident Ali Elderfield.

“They were literally off-roading in a Micra and the boot was open with this woman sat in there, laughing and holding carrots out for the cows, but the cows chased as the car drove over the grass.

Read: Stroud Life Editor's Comment: 'Micra Three' could have caused mayhem with carrots

“The driver was near the road, all the cows then started running in the road.

At least two other people saw the incident, reported by Ali on Facebook group Nailsworth Chat and Information this afternoon.

The Micra was around 12 years old and dark blue and the occupants of the car were all over the age of 60 said Ali.
Hilarious. ;);)

Read more at http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...9816270-detail/story.html#oTMp0eMef3tJWsXr.99

Oh for goodness sake I used to bomb about rallying my first k11 there when I was 17/18

1993 Prefacelift GT15 turbo cg10de(t) @ 7psi
2001 Facelift cg10de