what did you do to your micra today ?

Today I removed some more parts from the green Micra including the indicators, interior light oh nearly forgot part of the rear roof lol! :-S
1475096863940.jpg
1475096876657.jpg
1475096896019.jpg
1475096932419.jpg

I want rear speakers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a parcel shelf with speakers out the yard I go to, it's a bit tatty so I haven't bothered to have it.
There's a small hole in one of the speaker meshes - but it would be a cheapy for sure - (?)
And if it's still there.

Blimey Andy - I would never have got that out with a hacksaw :eek:

It took a bit of effort to remove the section I wanted my mate's small portable generator wasn't beefy enough to power my 9" inch angle grinder so had to use my smaller 4" inch one using 4 disc's to do it! :-S Remarkably the section I wanted was completely rust free so only now need to remove the underneath sub support beam and tidy up the ends in prepping it for my mate to weld it onto the SR! Much appreciated Davy mate for offering to get this section for me! B-)

Mine failed its MOT today so I'm debating what to do with it. Can't afford to keep it now as need a reliable runaround that's a bit newer. It's an L-Reg 1L manual with 58.5k on the clock. Great little runner but too corroded to pay for the welding. Any advice? Would rather it went for parts than to scrap.

My mate who bought a red March FHK11 Cabriolet told me today he's just bought another same colour as mine a aquamarine one, it will arrive in the island next week! That will be 3 ultra rare FHK11 Cabs in a island of 26 square miles lol! :-o I will post pics of Steffi Cab's new friend next week! B-)

Today I removed the boot lid, interior trim and roof liner to prep for welding (the corrosion looks far worse then it really is), also offered up the replacement panal for preliminary first fit! B-)
1475272900367.jpg
1475272913165.jpg
1475272941487.jpg
1475272964624.jpg
1475272995465.jpg
1475273009783.jpg

Last edited:
d23fcb15aa4aabeda7925187f5cf26d1.jpg

Carried on ripping the engine out of the facelift. Decided I don't like working on them TBH. Everything's more seized than any prefacelift I've worked on and where this grill overhangs the bonnet I keep banging my head.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
17ae28ecd46d897db397a0a9f0497249.jpg

Cross member. Engine mounts. Radiator. Inlet manifold. Loom. Headlights (cheers dave) steering wheel. Pulsar brakes (cheers ben) front wheels and new track rod ends all fitted.

To do.

Fit exhaust. Finish wiring loom. Fit battery. Test lights. Fit bumper. Fit rad fan. Make brackets for seat. Bleed brakes. Test engine. Test drive lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Have relays on the way. And sidemounts for the seats...

Bolting them throughbthe floor. Cos frig it.

Have relays on the way. And sidemounts for the seats...

Bolting them throughbthe floor. Cos frig it.

Spreader plates underneath the sidemounts and you're golden

1993 Prefacelift GT15 turbo cg10de(t) @ 7psi
2001 Facelift cg10de

Got underneath done with body schutz and waxoyle, used the camping stove to keep everything nice and warm for good adhesion

Attachments

• WP_20161005_15_06_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161005_15_06_52_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
Hello Andy. Good stuff there buddy.
Pity you can'tget them in chrome LOL
Sorry could not talk this morning (meeting for work)

No probs mate try and call you tomorrow. I know most like the double cupholder but personally I find it too small and the single JDM one will slot straight in without modifications! B-)

Last edited:
8fc30dd8d3af059dc682c8b0864e3347.jpg

From EBAY. Sold as not working but works great. Cassette Tapes don't play but I have one of those adapter on a wire things and that works good so I'm happy. I think it's out of a pre Face so doesn't sit flush but I don't care.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I started a rust repair/renovation of my engine bay yesterday. Removed and painted the exhaust manifold, battery case, metal brackets for throttle cable, lambda sensor. Painted the intake and the air box. Run into the issue of stripping Phillips screws on the cam cover, so added a few drops of acetone and PSF mix and left it overnight.
Today added an extra coat to my manifold, and found out that painting plastics with Halfords paint without a primer was a mistake. Now ordered some plastic primer and matte paint. Returned to the cam cover and literally spent 3 hours trying to undo 4 bolts, in the end got 2 out with the help of a file and vise grips, but one of the screws that is stripped and rust welded is the one next to the distributor, towards the back of the engine. No idea how to get it out, it is a tight spot so my vise grips will not fit even with the distributor removed.
I think the best shot at tackling that bolt would be to remove the distributor, how do I do that? Do I need to remove the distributor cover, because it has Philips screws too, which will not budge, and I do not want to strip more. I do have a set of hex bolts to replace the cam bolts and two longer ones for the 10mm distributor bolts so I do not mind damaging the heads of the OE.

"The file size is too large for the server to process"
when I try to upload pictures, any idea how to fix this?

I started a rust repair/renovation of my engine bay yesterday. Removed and painted the exhaust manifold, battery case, metal brackets for throttle cable, lambda sensor. Painted the intake and the air box. Run into the issue of stripping Phillips screws on the cam cover, so added a few drops of acetone and PSF mix and left it overnight.
Today added an extra coat to my manifold, and found out that painting plastics with Halfords paint without a primer was a mistake. Now ordered some plastic primer and matte paint. Returned to the cam cover and literally spent 3 hours trying to undo 4 bolts, in the end got 2 out with the help of a file and vise grips, but one of the screws that is stripped and rust welded is the one next to the distributor, towards the back of the engine. No idea how to get it out, it is a tight spot so my vise grips will not fit even with the distributor removed.
I think the best shot at tackling that bolt would be to remove the distributor, how do I do that? Do I need to remove the distributor cover, because it has Philips screws too, which will not budge, and I do not want to strip more. I do have a set of hex bolts to replace the cam bolts and two longer ones for the 10mm distributor bolts so I do not mind damaging the heads of the OE.

"The file size is too large for the server to process"
when I try to upload pictures, any idea how to fix this?
I'm going to tell you how I have done the seized/rusted screws in the past and you can decide if you try it,, I use a slow drill with a new sharp drill bit slightly smaller than the screw head and carefully slowly drill until the head falls off. Then you can get the cover off to expose about 10mm of screw which you should be able to remove with a pair of stilsons.. a good clean around the the screw with some penetrating oil overnight or hold a soldering iron to it as the heat can break the seal if you are lucky:). Try changing between the two options for how the photo will be displayed to upload. Just a guess

Last edited:
I'm going to tell you how I have done the seized/rusted screws in the past and you can decide if you try it,, I use a slow drill with a new sharp drill bit slightly smaller than the screw head and carefully slowly drill until the head falls off. Then you can get the cover off to expose about 10mm of screw which you should be able to remove with a pair of stilsons.. a good clean around the the screw with some penetrating oil overnight or hold a soldering iron to it as the heat can break the seal if you are lucky:)

So what you are saying is that there are no threads in the cover? Just the head?
Thanks for a reply by the way.

8fc30dd8d3af059dc682c8b0864e3347.jpg

From EBAY. Sold as not working but works great. Cassette Tapes don't play but I have one of those adapter on a wire things and that works good so I'm happy. I think it's out of a pre Face so doesn't sit flush but I don't care.

Is there a code for the radio? I saw one in excellent working order in a pre face lift new to my local scrapy and am tempted

Is there a code for the radio? I saw one in excellent working order in a pre face lift new to my local scrapy and am tempted
This particular one didn't have a code. It was just a plug and play job luckily. The only downside is since my Car had an after market CD Player fitted, The mounting brackets weren't present so I had to make do with the cage thing that's there instead.

This particular one didn't have a code. It was just a plug and play job luckily. The only downside is since my Car had an after market CD Player fitted, The mounting brackets weren't present so I had to make do with the cage thing that's there instead.

Glad you mentioned the brackets:) I can grab everything in one go

Went to check the oil and got cleaning a few bit under the bonnet.

The engine had been overfilled by previous owner/garage that did the service and I had to drain about a litre out to get the reading on the max on the stick (it had been run up to temp and then left for a few mins before checking which I believe is correct method).

Also found the expansion bottle has gone brittle and now has a big hole in it! Duct tape to the rescue for now until I find a replacement :(

b7124ede914a31134f770b7880d7ffb8.jpg

The stock "bolts" more like screws drove me insane. Spent a while day yesterday taking them off.

1476036596872.jpg

Wish I had a blowtorch

In the end snapped one bolt, tried drilling through so I could have a new bolt through into a nut at the bottom...
FAIL

1476036684309.jpg

Didn't help that the eBay bolts were too long. Wish I had a Dremel.

1476036722658.jpg

You can see that I am missing one bolt in the Cam cover. So far no leaks.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Micra Sports Club mobile app