what did you do to your micra today ?

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
Got my wrap around spoiler fitted today and finally got my lowering springs on the back. Just needs a good wash and that's about as good as it's going to get for JAE lol
IMAG1977 (Large).jpg
The back is as low as the front but i'm running 175/60/14's on the back compared to 185/60/14's on the front. Will probably settle for 175/50's when i stick these wheels on the K10

Got my wrap around spoiler fitted today and finally got my lowering springs on the back. Just needs a good wash and that's about as good as it's going to get for JAE lol
View attachment 50751 The back is as low as the front but i'm running 175/60/14's on the back compared to 185/60/14's on the front. Will probably settle for 175/50's when i stick these wheels on the K10
I'm liking that black spoiler against the white buddy, that colour scheme is looking good, good, good.

A petrol forecourt attendant at my local garage said he had seen a red Cab like mine the other day pull in for some petrol he said it was in a poor condition! If true I might be able to locally purchase some rare Cab parts cheap! B-) My gut reaction is it is a K12 C+C! :-(

A petrol forecourt attendant at my local garage said he had seen a red Cab like mine the other day pull in for some petrol he said it was in a poor condition! If true I might be able to locally purchase some rare Cab parts cheap! B-) My gut reaction is it is a K12 C+C! :-(
Gotta be Andy, you've put notes on all the other Micra's on the island.
The owner has probably heard of the local nutter trying to buy all the cars on the island....and is in hiding from you. LOL

It's confirmed Steffi Cab has a red FHK11 Cabriolet playmate in Guernsey! I have just spoke to the owner and he bought it from the big rock (England) he told me she is a NCVT and she needs a bit of restoration work! I am meeting up with the owner tomorrow so will take a few pics of Steffi meeting her new friend lol? B-)

Blimey Andy - he's got the original Tan roof (!)
It's not the original vinyl tan roof it's a mohair tan roof with a pvc rear windscreen.The roof has moss/algae in it hopefully Graham the owner can clean them off, he needs to do quite a bit of restoration work on her ie paint work but she is rust free which is a bonus! B-)

I must be doing something wrong it took me more then 4 hours to clean the Cab: Pre-washed, autoglym shampoo,dried with a pro micro filament cloth, autoglym extra hard resin polish, 2 x autoglym extra gloss coat (40 mins to dry then buff off per coat), polished windows, autoglym bumper/trim conditioner, autoglym tyre dressing, polished alloys, vacuumed mohair roof, autosoled chrome. Still have engine nay and interior to do lol! :-S

Last edited:

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
I must be doing something wrong it took me more then 4 hours to clean the Cab: Pre-washed, autoglym shampoo, chamois, autoglym extra hard resin polish, 2 x autoglym extra gloss coat (40 mins to dry then buff off per coat), polished windows, autoglym bumper/trim conditioner, autoglym tyre dressing, polished alloys, vacuumed mohair roof, autosoled chrome. Still have engine nay and interior to do lol! :-S

You are most definitely doing it right Andy! Bet the cab now looks better than when it was in the showrooms! ;)

I must be doing something wrong it took me more then 4 hours to clean the Cab: Pre-washed, autoglym shampoo, chamois, autoglym extra hard resin polish, 2 x autoglym extra gloss coat (40 mins to dry then buff off per coat), polished windows, autoglym bumper/trim conditioner, autoglym tyre dressing, polished alloys, vacuumed mohair roof, autosoled chrome. Still have engine nay and interior to do lol! :-S
You must be bonkers :rolleyes:
In saying that....I spent 4 hours sitting in Kwik fit having a new alternator fitted to my grandsons Agila.
They had "problems" GGRRRRRR:mad:

So Saturday I visited my favorite scrapyard Again, Got my self two new windows because mine were both loose in the stupid plastic clips, Even Gorilla glue failed me... also got a Manual passenger side regulator, cause I managed to lose my old one when I done the electric window conversion, which I have now removed.. Also got two headlight connectors because my car being my car had broken one And I got a new sun visor.
14123983_10210373369441191_756064387_o.jpg

14202800_10210373370041206_1492960398_o.jpg

14191674_10210373370801225_1685553707_o.jpg

14163890_10210373370601220_932563108_o.jpg

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Engine mussings....

At some point I will need to replace the current rally car engine. I would have two choices... Hopefully the flowed and ported head and cams will be transferrable.

1) Use another 1348cc bottom end, I do have one but of unknown background and like the one I currently use looks like it has had a hard life so far.
2) Use a 1275cc bottom end with 999cc pistons to raise the compression ratio.

Option 1 has more capacity, but lower compression, option 2 have less cc but higher compression. And I would try and find a 1.3 Auto block which are a bit easier to find.

Clay Bar is literally a Bar of Clay that you rub onto the paint and it removes ingrained dirt. Mine was a Turtle Wax one from Halfords which came with a spray bottle of fluid to keep the surface lubricated as you work. It's sort of like an exfoliation for Cars :) My Meguiars Polish was also from Halfords.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

As far as cleanings concerned, I T-cut mine 2 years ago, up until 7 months ago I washed, waxed and polished mine religiously, Now I only wash it on a need-to basis, and polish if I have some time, after all, it's being stripped and scrapped in less then 6 months :oops:

Having only had the new Micra for a couple of weeks I thought I'd check the brakes. Rear n/s wheel cylinder was leaking so that's replaced, and bled, then got on to the front... Omfg the pad material was literally falling off the backing plate. This is how they came out, no damage caused by removal, that's how they were!! New Brembo one for comparison and they've been fitted and system bled for good measure! [HASHTAG]#nowstoppingok[/HASHTAG]

4ed93bc2c4be155939b93798b8668494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Started tidying up the engine bay ready for JAE. Removed some long since unused loom wiring which more closely resembled a 1/2 eaten plate of spagbol.

Partial stripdown and inspection commenced prior to making the trip up.

So far the inspection has shown the following:
1. 4 nice bores with dry evenly carbon coated crowns.
2. A set of NGK PFR7B platinum plugs
3. Small oil leak on the turbo oil return

Plugs were a tad hot if I'm honest and, since I'm not a fan of Platinum plugs, they've been binned for a set of NGK BCR8ES copper cores.

The turbo oil drain leak was twofold. A non-flouro lined return hose (d'oh!) and also a imperfect gasket seal at the CHRA. That's been removed, flange lapped flat, new gasket and a section of flouro hose (in stock) cut to size to replace the knackered ordinary hose section. Fingers crossed that should sort that.

Tonight is cam cover off, timed engine, cams out and a head stud re-torque before re-assembly.

Just a bit of work :p

Partial stripdown and inspection commenced prior to making the trip up.

So far the inspection has shown the following:
1. 4 nice bores with dry evenly carbon coated crowns.
2. A set of NGK BPR7ES platinum plugs
3. Small oil leak on the turbo oil return

Plugs were a tad hot if I'm honest and, since I'm not a fan of Platinum plugs, they've been binned for a set of NGK BCR8ES copper cores.

The turbo oil drain leak was twofold. A non-flouro lined return hose (d'oh!) and also a imperfect gasket seal at the CHRA. That's been removed, flange lapped flat, new gasket and a section of flouro hose (in stock) cut to size to replace the knackered ordinary hose section. Fingers crossed that should sort that.

Tonight is cam cover off, timed engine, cams out and a head stud re-torque before re-assembly.

Just a bit of work :p
Sod that lot - I just drive mine :p

WDIDY?

Well drove Dow M6 to Birmingham. On the M6 the engine light came on. Actually this the third time it came on for last 600 miles. The error code is p0171. There is no performance degradation. The light came on when I took my off the accelerator while on 75m to reduce speed without breaking. However, prior to this once there was some horse tail out of rear end!

The front lambda sensor was changed a while back.