what did you do to your micra today ?

Will do the

Obd2 bluetooth has turned up, just can't get to it till after tea tonight, dam I can't wait to play...
Rct
Right managed to hook it up and test it with Torque, works fine but as suspected the aftermarket tacho that I fitted is reading slow...? Never mind don't need it now but still would like it to work right.
Rct

VTVGWz7.jpg

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Sucks as it's pretty much rust free, only failed on brakes and exhaust which are easy to fix, but I don't have the tools or space on me and have sold myself on the idea of an MX5.

VTVGWz7.jpg

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Sucks as it's pretty much rust free, only failed on brakes and exhaust which are easy to fix, but I don't have the tools or space on me and have sold myself on the idea of an MX5.

Shame to scrap a rust free example. You could do all that in a weekend no bother. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTVGWz7.jpg

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Good idea to trade it in for MX5 and be done with it before the MOT expires? Better things to be doing with one’s life and sure beats wasting time messing about fixing a MOT failure list of 11 rusty items on a 13-year-old car! Put a smile on your face, lots of smiley faces. Go for it, just do it!
:):):););)

Last edited:
Shame to scrap a rust free example. You could do all that in a weekend no bother. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea to trade it in for MX5 and be done with it before the MOT expires? Better things to be doing with one’s life and sure beats wasting time messing about fixing a MOT failure list of 11 rusty items on a 13-year-old car! Put a smile on your face, lots of smiley faces. Go for it, just do it!
:):):););)

Sigh.

I advertised it for 200 quid take it away, and after the third person in a row came and looked at it, offered me 50, I got the ****s, pulled the advert, drove down to U-Pull-It, pulled this to replace the factory exhaust...

Zf1UZet.jpg

Monday it goes into the shop to have the brakes all done....

Should buy an MX5 but I figure i'll spend 2 grand on the car then have to do all of the repairs i've done to the Micra anyway...

I'm only just back from a holiday in Europe and in between work contracts so I can spend 500 quid on the Micra at the moment no sweat, but spending 4 grand (MX5 + potential repairs + tax + insurance) is a bit of a reach at the moment...

Now I have the problem that I can't get the rotted exhaust off my car to fit this new one, everything is rusted up tight, the bolts etc...

Today I saw a beautiful mint condition OEM red 1999 1.3i Inspiration (even had the original plastic wheel covers that looked new)! So I left a note on it asking the owner if they could give me a call if they ever wanted to sell it and they called saying they would and they said they also have a blue Inspiration in the garage as well and in mint condition! B-)

It's a parcel shelf with speakers in it... Done really well

I've been toying the idea of putting 6x9's in the back of mine and 6x9's in the doors (80's quadraphonics style)

It's a parcel shelf with speakers in it... Done really well

I've been toying the idea of putting 6x9's in the back of mine and 6x9's in the doors (80's quadraphonics style)
You are a winner....
Dam I remember the mark 2 fiesta I had years ago, hell I took some good old household stereo speakers and fit them in to a new dmf shelf and then covered it. They where loud.
Rct

Well that was a long day...

Was meant to be an easy couple of hours of work. All that was planned was to bed in two sets of brake pads, as spares ready if needed on an event and improve the idle speed.

Was doing this when I spotted what was causing the odd noises from the front springs, the NSF spring had snapped...!

CqVRvZ1WEAADZBC.jpg:large

Very luckily Matt Humprhis was working this afternoon, and he had spare springs in stock. So a quick trip to Oxford and we had them swapped over.

Was fitting them back when I heard a draining sound... and then I remembered the OS driveshaft can slip and out drain out the gearbox oil when the hub is removed from the strut...! B*ll*cks and other such words, garage floor now covered in smelly gearbox oil. So i had to remove the sumpguard (pain in the ar$e job) clean everything up, and the refill the gearbox.

So in a week, three unexpected jobs, the rear wheel bearing, new front springs, and a change gearbox oil. Finished tonight about 8.45pm, and I was thinking I had little to do this morning and I would be done by 2pm...

Also can anyone link me to a ECU wiring diagram ('94 year), I want to see how the lights and fan coming on link to the ECU and alter the idle speed.

Also can anyone link me to a ECU wiring diagram ('94 year), I want to see how the lights and fan coming on link to the ECU and alter the idle speed.
the diags are in the pdf dowload iirc matt, the rad fan does,nt draw much current but are your spotlights dropping the idle too much ?

the diags are in the pdf dowload iirc matt, the rad fan does,nt draw much current but are your spotlights dropping the idle too much ?
Ok thanks.

On my Micra normally when you turn on the heater fan or the sidelights then the idle speed increases a little. Now I have the idle set to where I want it ~1000rpm. However when you turn on the heater fan or lights now, it drops down to about 800rpm the normal point for this.

my new Micra has a small amount of surface rust near the OS rear jacking point, nothing much but the sort of thing if left untreated is only going to get worse and not better! wirebrushed it and there are no holes, in fact its damn solid but treated it with some of this rust converter stuff

http://www.rust.co.uk/fe-123-rust-converter/c28125/

and a bit of underseal for good measure. other than that its pretty good underneath.

Also checked the rear brakes whilst under the car and o/s wheel cylinder is leaking a tiny bit (had to peel back the dust covers to find it) so replacement will be ordered tomorrow. Funny though - I knew the car had been stood for a couple of years from the miles shown on the MOT and it seems from my past experiences that rear wheel cylinders suffer as a consequence, not sure why but just seems to be the case and I was right.

Today I have seen a beautiful example of a amazing mint condition OEM 1999 manual 5dr 1.3i GX in metallic Cinnabar Red with optional factory fitted alloys can't find what type? Left a note saying to contact me if they want to sell! B-)View attachment 50737View attachment 50738View attachment 50739View attachment 50740View attachment 50741View attachment 50742View attachment 50743View attachment 50744
LOL - just how many Micra's you gonna end up with Andy (?)
That's about ten you've left notes on now :eek:

The dark rim makes them look like 10" mini wheels with 70 profile tyres.

I know theyre not... he he.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, you're 1/2 right actually. They are made for a lot of Minis but they're being made increasingly for race cars now too.

Back