what did you do to your micra today ?

Well got the K11 loom today, there is a lot more to it then i first thought, going to make a start on it tomorrow and see how it goes. I've got a month to get it working before JAE so i'll see how it goes haha

Attachments

• IMAG1924 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1924 (Large).jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 226
Dislike!
Hope you're going to stick around on the forums.
(and you'll direct the new owner here)
Update Max....the fella never turned up to buy the car, so I've taxed her again.
I'll carry on with a few mods now.
Now I've got two micras again LOL.
I'll shift the 1.3 auto instead, but I like driving that girl as well - decisions, decisions.

Sorry this was the format for sigs everyone used on the previous forum I was on. Adjusted just for you

'94 k11 dot 1.0, McGill Motorsport steering wheel, Mountney steering wheel boss kit, Side exit peashooter exhaust, Lowered on Kilen springs, Renault 5 GT turbo turbine wheels 13", Nankang NS2R semi slicks on the front, Whiteline front arb (not fitted), Idle control systems removed, Intake trumpet on throttle body, Micra SR clocks (green), GT15 turbo to be fitted (waiting on rrfpr)

You babe <3

I've been on here a year today :eek: And it seems my car has decided to welcome the occasion, just over 4 months ago I done front discs, pads and a N/S caliper, Yesterday I decided to check them for the first time in two months, Much to my dismay the passenger side pads are nearly metal to metal, Somethings not right here, because the other side still has over 3 quarters left on the pads, We've been throwing ideas around at work and come to the conclusion it is either a faulty caliper, or a buggered Flexi pipe, any ideas?

I've been on here a year today :eek: And it seems my car has decided to welcome the occasion, just over 4 months ago I done front discs, pads and a N/S caliper, Yesterday I decided to check them for the first time in two months, Much to my dismay the passenger side pads are nearly metal to metal, Somethings not right here, because the other side still has over 3 quarters left on the pads, We've been throwing ideas around at work and come to the conclusion it is either a faulty caliper, or a buggered Flexi pipe, any ideas?
Bit of grease on the slider (?)

Sticking or seized calliper guide pins cause uneven pad wear. Clean & regrease the pins with red rubber grease or silicone paste. Don't use petroleum grease like copper or generic grease cos the rubber inside will swell & jam up more.

Thanks for the replies, I done a little brake testing in my works estate, under heavy braking it veers heavily to the left and upon taking the caliper off today to test it it slides in and out with ease, all sliders and pads free ect, There's about 2mm left on the passenger side, drivers side had less then 2mm wear when placed against the new ones (same make) I probably should have mentioned that the master cylinder is on it's last legs, it was a pain in the ass bleeding it out when I done the caliper.

check for binding brakes by cruising down motorway for few mins then coast down to a stop via engine braking without using the brakes above 10mph. feel if any wheels are unusually warm/hot from binding brakes.

That's better. (Only temp fitted with scrappy clamps)
Ordered a lovely £5 eBay hood scoop too. Thinking of maybe fitting a small fan underneath the intercooler to draw heat away from it, especially when stationary. We'll see.
Also had to change the tie rod end which wasn't playing ball

'94 k11 dot 1.0, McGill Motorsport steering wheel, Mountney steering wheel boss kit, Side exit peashooter exhaust, Lowered on Kilen springs, Renault 5 GT turbo turbine wheels 13", Nankang NS2R semi slicks on the front, Whiteline front arb (not fitted), Idle control systems removed, Intake trumpet on throttle body, Micra SR clocks (green), GT15 turbo to be fitted (waiting on rrfpr)
Looking well dude

Gave mine a thorough clean on the outside, peeled all the weather strips cleaned it all, waxed and put all plastic/rubber bits back.
Also gave a good clean in the engine bay after finally managing to undo a rusted screw on the throttle cable (needed adjusting as the throttle had no response for 2-3 inches of pedal travel - very loose). Had to file down the sides on the adjustment part so I could clamp my vise grips securely without them slipping on the round surface, the top threads are now unusable, but I will never use them anyway.
Adjusted the clutch pedal height and cable.
Now have amazing clutch and throttle response with a very shinny car :D

Tomorrow will clean up the interior and then next weekend will do a full service - oil, filters, sparks, PAS flush, belts, etc.

Gave mine a thorough clean on the outside, peeled all the weather strips cleaned it all, waxed and put all plastic/rubber bits back.
Also gave a good clean in the engine bay after finally managing to undo a rusted screw on the throttle cable (needed adjusting as the throttle had no response for 2-3 inches of pedal travel - very loose). Had to file down the sides on the adjustment part so I could clamp my vise grips securely without them slipping on the round surface, the top threads are now unusable, but I will never use them anyway.
Adjusted the clutch pedal height and cable.
Now have amazing clutch and throttle response with a very shinny car :D

Tomorrow will clean up the interior and then next weekend will do a full service - oil, filters, sparks, PAS flush, belts, etc.
And then come down to Cornwall - and do mine will ya :D

Well little old red went for scrap value but there you go. Couldn't keep 3 cars here so she's gone. Now we have a 2001 coil pack Vibe 1.0l. Needs nothing at the moment and 11months MOT although there was no RH dip beam when I picked it up?! What can be done to replace the black bumper infiltrate bits? These are terribly grey?

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well little old red went for scrap value but there you go. Couldn't keep 3 cars here so she's gone. Now we have a 2001 coil pack Vibe 1.0l. Needs nothing at the moment and 11months MOT although there was no RH dip beam when I picked it up?! What can be done to replace the black bumper infiltrate bits? These are terribly grey?

View attachment 50423

View attachment 50424

You could cover them with chrome covers like @Andy5077
He's the shiny, shiny king of Guernsey, in fact he's covered everything in chrome. :rolleyes:

Well little old red went for scrap value but there you go. Couldn't keep 3 cars here so she's gone. Now we have a 2001 coil pack Vibe 1.0l. Needs nothing at the moment and 11months MOT although there was no RH dip beam when I picked
Peanut butter (Not the crunchy kind) or a heat gun, heat guns cleaner ;):p

We don't peanut butter but the Mrs has a heatgun for crafting. Do I need to take them black bits off the bumber first?

fbd90db7df2ee9cf7c89bb6d1e1281d5.jpg
Fitted Halfrauds Steering Wheel Cover and Cup Holder. Part of Me was screaming "Not Dealer Fit!!!" But feels comfortable and looks the part.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Picked up a 1Ltr engine for a very good price, keeping it as a spare and mainly for the pistons just case I decide to go down the high compression 1275 route in the future.

Well little old red went for scrap value but there you go. Couldn't keep 3 cars here so she's gone. Now we have a 2001 coil pack Vibe 1.0l. Needs nothing at the moment and 11months MOT although there was no RH dip beam when I picked

We don't peanut butter but the Mrs has a heatgun for crafting. Do I need to take them black bits off the bumber first?
You can take them off, but you risk damaging them.
If you're going to go through the effort of taking them off, you may as well paint them :)

I took off the front wings and slapped underseal all over the inner wings and the inside of the wings as well, also fitted an external tacho (2002 coil pack) but the tacho seems ok ish but the engine sound does not seem to mirror what the tach needle is doing.
It ticks over fine but when you rev the engine it just seems slow?
Rct

Got the Mrs's crafting heat gun out. Works well on small areas but the large areas under the front/rear bumpers are more difficult to get a decent finish

Before:
49a4465a04f1ff9fee23b78da7151f96.jpg

After:
65622e6aca77c3f236be5ba5e2cfe73d.jpg

I took off the front wings and slapped underseal all over the inner wings and the inside of the wings as well, also fitted an external tacho (2002 coil pack) but the tacho seems ok ish but the engine sound does not seem to mirror what the tach needle is doing.
It ticks over fine but when you rev the engine it just seems slow?
Rct
Mines the same, not sure if its the tach or the signal

Usual pre/post event prep work, but also found the OSR wheel bearing is shot.... hoping the new one arrives on Tuesday so I can fit it before the next event on Saturday.

Back