what did you do to your micra today ?

You have been there it time for me too go there and do it, u can't judge without seeing my welds and seeing my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re read my comment. Welding skills are irrelevant if you've no chassis engineering knowledge

As a note. I've seen the work done on the saab motor, don't attempt a 4WD task without prior training/education.
I've been there because I know what I'm doing, it's my job to know

So many to fit..so little time
Got some stuff online ready for the car plus getting some more over the weekend.
Just rain and flooding are in the way..
And some parts to transfer from my red "celebration" that will break for parts eventually.
1466739668959.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Replaced the battery in my key because the buttons stopped locking the car (unlocking worked fine)

Had a Ford that did the same thing, new battery had it working 100% new

Now the buttons do nothing for unlocking or unlocking... grrr

Ah crap.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
As I mentioned on the Dreaded Book of Face, She's staying, took a photo today of her in all her standard-ness (sort of) in the exact same spot the Astra died in :oops: I am now on the hunt for a clean 1.3/1.4

13553171_10209829360841316_535738622_n.jpg

Usually you just get the whole plastic part with the rubber. I think the original rubber part is bonded in.

Took me a while, mine didn't come with the plastic part, just the rubber for the buttons. Had to remove the entire rubber inside (Thankfully it's an insert) use a razor blade to carefully cut the inside part of it out (Cut up one of the missus's leg razors, don't judge me) and then put it all back together with the eBay part.

Fiddly and a bit time consuming, but hey, my key is now like new. I hope the eBay spec rubber holds for longer than the Nissan rubber did.

JNV5EB9.jpg

All I need to do now is fix the clear coat on the rear quarter and replace one of the driveshaft balance weights and I should have possibly the best condition stock 1 litre K11 Micra in the country.

Well, maybe. I'm sure a few old biddies around the country have them stashed with 1000 miles on them after they stopped driving after owning it for a year.

Ok, best condition K11 Micra with 90,000 miles on it. There.

Actually no i'll need a new sunroof rubber too, it leaks a drip or two during very heavy rain.

Hm. Best condition stock 1 litre. That's like saying that you have the finest box wine you can buy. I'm just glad that now everything on my car works.

I retract my statement, I just remembered how ****ty the bumpers are. Car spends half it's life in France, and every time it comes up here the bumpers have a few more battlescars...

Last edited:
Well I haven't logged on here for a while...
I should update the rally blog soon.

But today, my old faithful first car is being stripped for parts ready to be scrapped :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 336
Well this is more a what have a done over the past week or so but...
Bought some wheel's off of @MaxK11C and he took me out in his Supercharged K13 which i was quite impressed with (also got a super s wheel!)

Starting painting the K11 for Japshow. Gotta smooth it down and get the 2nd coat on tomorrow and i'll be cleaning out the interior and hopefully getting a carpet back in! :)

Attachments

• IMAG1836.jpg
    IMAG1836.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 288
  • IMAG1837.jpg
    IMAG1837.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 262
A micra turned up at my local scrappy this week, first one for over a month.
Not a lot on it, but it did have a blue steering wheel, quite nice I thought. and was a coilpack, so may rescue the coilpacks.
And take the rocker off for glass blasting.
Never took a steering wheel of before - advice/how (?)

Never took a steering wheel of before - advice/how (?)
Assuming it's not a airbag one?

1: remove horn piece
2: undo the large nut most of the way (stops you hitting yourself in the face with the steering wheel)
3: pull / hit with hands steering wheel up to slide it off the splines, it will generally take some force.

I meant i started mine 5 minutes, sorry! Hehehe!!! To remove the steering wheel, you have to remove the airbag, carefully and then what fuzzy-hair-man said (i guess... have a non-airbag one)

LOL....don't think so .....BOOM BOOM and a flat face, might improve my looks though :rolleyes:
Anyway, it's got an airbag.......so to remove it, any guides (?)
Battery has been off for a week, so no flat face for me.
Disconnect battery and pop airbag fuse to be extra careful (if you want), pop off the side covers on the wheel with a flat head, there's some torx bolts somewhere you'll need to undo.

This should enable you to pull the airbag/centre out, unclip some cables then you'll see the central bolt, break it loose but leave it on a few threads.... Then pull the wheel mega hard (the bolt will stop you wacking your face)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Disconnect battery and pop airbag fuse to be extra careful (if you want), pop off the side covers on the wheel with a flat head, there's some torx bolts somewhere you'll need to undo.

This should enable you to pull the airbag/centre out, unclip some cables then you'll see the central bolt, break it loose but leave it on a few threads.... Then pull the wheel mega hard (the bolt will stop you wacking your face)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Thanks for that Huggy. I'm still considering saving the blue steering wheel, you don't see them very often, same as the red ones...unusual.

Just changed alternator & power steering/water pump belts on my x reg 2000 1.0L .

As I had an annoying squeaking noise coming from car. sadly the noise is still there :( it sounds to be coming from the water pump area rather then the alternator. ( or so I think lol)

Comes to my next question does anyone no any good waterpump makes at a reasonable? I do a lot of miles on motorway so don't want tro put a cheap part in.

Just changed alternator & power steering/water pump belts on my x reg 2000 1.0L .

As I had an annoying squeaking noise coming from car. sadly the noise is still there :( it sounds to be coming from the water pump area rather then the alternator. ( or so I think lol)

Comes to my next question does anyone no any good waterpump makes at a reasonable? I do a lot of miles on motorway so don't want tro put a cheap part in.

Could be some kind of bearing, maybe?

I always though the Water pump on the CGs were driven by the chain?
If so you might as well change the head gasket at the same time.

Other opinions may vary but you could very briefly start it up without the belt on to see if it's still squeaks, yes the water pump and alternator won't be working but for the few seconds it would take I don't think it'd matter.

I got one of these, it's not long been fitted but so far so good, seemed to run a bit warm earlier but has settled down now (may have been other issues?)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131714173896?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Updated the rally car blog... Will be even quieter now as the Micra is taking a back step whilst another car is being built over the next couple of months :)

It's that time of year again.

The balmy, sunny days, the smell of wild flowers, the chirping of the birds, the rasp of angle grinder and the crackle of welder.

Yes, it's MoT time. Again.

And how nice to see some old friends. The ones I welded in last year that now look like gruyere cheese. If the holes get any bigger my car will sound like a windchime...:(

It's that time of year again.

The balmy, sunny days, the smell of wild flowers, the chirping of the birds, the rasp of angle grinder and the crackle of welder.

Yes, it's MoT time. Again.

And how nice to see some old friends. The ones I welded in last year that now look like gruyere cheese. If the holes get any bigger my car will sound like a windchime...:(

When you’re out and about having a picnic you could always use all the holes as a cheese grater?

Always look on the bright ~ cheesy ~ side of Micra life when kissing the MOT testers donkey!

Played the old game of Screwdriver Battleships: keep poking the sills until it stops going straight through. Ideal for picnics.

Oh, and is kissing the MOT testers donkey some sort of dodgy metaphor? :confused:

Well bit of a late update but i did get the K11 ready for Japshow! :) Ohh and i spent the last two days swapping the steering rack to a non-pas rack (and i'm not doing that again any time soon....) and put my modified by frank manifold on :)

Attachments

• DSC_0324 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0324 (Large).JPG
    207 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0325 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0325 (Large).JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0326 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0326 (Large).JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_0327 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0327 (Large).JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC_0328 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0328 (Large).JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0051 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0051 (Large).JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0052 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0052 (Large).JPG
    219 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0053 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0053 (Large).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0076 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0076 (Large).JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0077 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0077 (Large).JPG
    240 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0072 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0072 (Large).JPG
    437 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0073 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0073 (Large).JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0074 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0074 (Large).JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 256
M862 TGM - K11 with Humphris Oxford stickers on the sides. Teal colour. Who is this?
Alan wakeman.
1.3 LX built by Matt himself.
Was an MOT failure Matt took in, threw a handling kit on, and an intake.

Now used as an autotest car, and on some road rallies.
Competed against him yesterday at the Basingstoke Motor club autotest.
He came first in his class, and got overall fastest time of the day.

Very fast car and well driven.

Attachments

• WP_20160717_11_35_11_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160717_11_35_11_Rich.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 307
Back