what did you do to your micra today ?

Today I fixed my central locking which used to lock me out when I shut the drivers side door! :-S Loads of parts to fit on my 2002 1.4SE +: CV'S, front wheel bearings, clutch cable to name a few lol! B-) View attachment 47569View attachment 47570View attachment 47571

Hi pal! Sometimes my drivers door closes on it's own. Did you have the same problem?
And..strangely sometimes I press the lock button on the door and pops up on it's own.
I took the door card off..had a look..nothing unusual.
There was one metal shield on the left side covering the key lock fallen inside the door and fixed it back but it didn't sort out my issue.
Any advice?
Cheers!

Today I just received 4 alloys that match my car ones i had missing.

Wanna say a big thanks to the MSC fb page and forum and to Andy Paddy.

Next job to do...respray or vinyl wrap the alloys. :D

Hi pal! Sometimes my drivers door closes on it's own. Did you have the same problem?
And..strangely sometimes I press the lock button on the door and pops up on it's own.
I took the door card off..had a look..nothing unusual.
There was one metal shield on the left side covering the key lock fallen inside the door and fixed it back but it didn't sort out my issue.
Any advice?
Cheers!
Hi mate has your car got central locking and also remote locking? B-)

andy

Ex. Club Member
Eugh. Looks like I'm tapping straight into the dizzy not the ecu for my clocks...
adc42c9d587cd0e944016f2a1a2a0ed6.jpg

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Poorly fitted aftermarket backbox (3 inch rolled tip)
Lowered on Kilen springs

this the new "rat look"

@Andy5077 @davyboy @Kiza1208
I can see there's an issue here, can we please keep It off the public threads - I've pm'd you Davy.

Issues with rip-of parasitic practices in the woodpile should be in the public domain open transparent and a traceable audit trail in order to learn from experience and minimise repetition! Sweeping such issues under the carpet provides little disincentive and is contrary to the interests of member’s trade and the MSC’s business. Shared information data in the public domain is in everyone’s interests and what the MSC is about.

Last edited:

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Issues with rip-of parasitic practices in the woodpile should be in the public domain open transparent and a traceable audit trail in order to learn from experience and minimise repetition! Sweeping such issues under the carpet provides little disincentive and is contrary to the interests of member’s trade and the MSC’s business. Shared information data in the public domain is in everyone’s interests and what the MSC is about.
Whilst yes I agree with your point "Sharing is caring" a rampage of "he she it did this that and the other" isn't how it should be done.
It doesn't look great on us if our most active thread is filled with slander, some things are better left private.

The perpetrator of the despicable deed simply just formed a new account and new identity (very badly and was recognised) on the forum oblivious of his misconduct disrespect and disregard for fellow forum members! IMHO we need to warn others in case he repeats his actions. The forum is about mutual discussion/debate through mutual respect between all to promote positive input for the benefit of it's members by sharing information and advice! The member who has been wronged and disrespected was simply trying to help the offender and in doing so has incurred an unjust financial penalty in the process! We as concerned fellow members through subtle persuasion have tried to enlighten the offender in the error of his actions and to persuade him to contact the wronged member and settle the unpaid financial transaction but the said offender has refused at every given opportunity to do this through subterfuge and ignorance to his moral and financial obligations concerning this matter! Since the offender has decided not to accept the helpful advice and input from other members and to financially re-inburse the wronged member in conclusion and to move forward on this unresolved situation, we have put into place a damage limitation process to protect other fellow forum members by making known to others the offender through posts and positive comments! B-)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Didn't do anything to the Micra but did something for it instead.

Finished wiring in 3 sets of twin 36w CFL tubes, which is a heck of an improvement over a single 36w CFL tube and a lousy 11w CFL bulb for a 30sq.m footprint.

Now I can actually see what I'm doing :D

Mine did the same a bit back. It turned out to be the passenger door lock not fully returning to centre as the spring had broken at the back of the lock.
I'll have to take the passenger door card off and have a look then. Where did you get the spring from if that's going to be the issue?
Cheers!

I'll have to take the passenger door card off and have a look then. Where did you get the spring from if that's going to be the issue?
Cheers!
Before removing door cards rub some graphite on your door key and insert in both front locks and giggle it around a few times! Failing that soak/spray inside each lock cylinder with water displacement fluid if that doesn't work remove door cards and investigate! B-)

27397ed4622a4257d56a5bce11cb6ca1.jpg
found this. Where it's obviously just been patched straight over rot, the rots now penetrated and gone through the patch! Surrounding areas seem solid though and passenger side is solid as a rock. Cut it back to the solid silver stuff and the hole measures 150mm by 50mm. Fun times. Anyone local to gloucester that can weld?

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Poorly fitted aftermarket backbox (3 inch rolled tip)
Lowered on Kilen springs

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
27397ed4622a4257d56a5bce11cb6ca1.jpg
found this. Where it's obviously just been patched straight over rot, the rots now penetrated and gone through the patch! Surrounding areas seem solid though and passenger side is solid as a rock. Cut it back to the solid silver stuff and the hole measures 150mm by 50mm. Fun times. Anyone local to gloucester that can weld?

I'd love to be able to weld. It would make stuff like this such an easy job and it would be good as you could help out other Micra owners lol. I think i'll invest in a MIG welder one day lol

350 ish mile round trip the past couple of days, no problem

DSC_0103.jpg

However when i start the car i can hear water sloshing about for a few seconds, something to do with trapped water or a blockage somewhere?
Sounds like its coming from under the bonnet around the firewall
Anyone know where this may be and how to sort it? cheers

Last edited:
350 ish mile round trip the past couple of days, no problem

View attachment 47589

However when i start the car i can hear water sloshing about for a few seconds, something to do with trapped water or a blockage somewhere?
Anyone know where this may be and how to sort it? cheers
I'd look in the boot first buddy, had the same problem, just take the big rubber bung out - fixed.
Next would be the rear footwells, had that as well, don't know where it came from, but just stopped by itself.

I'd look in the boot first buddy, had the same problem, just take the big rubber bung out - fixed.
Next would be the rear footwells, had that as well, don't know where it came from, but just stopped by itself.

should have probably mentioned the water sounds like its coming from under the bonnet or dash, will check those places tomorrow though cheers

Hello to the forum.
The matter between myself and Kieran has been resolved amicably. We have metaphorically shook hands, and the matter is closed.
A simple mistake took place, that is all, now corrected.
Please can we go back now to the friendly business of discussing, and helping with our Micra's.
My regards to everyone on the forum - Davyboy.:D

He did yeah but Andy had to slate me so I'm gonna slate him back. He's a prick if he had a problem with me he should of pmd me to get my side of the story, but no he slates me so I feel I need to stand my ground against stuck up bell ends!!
Grow up and move on your acting like a child if you look at the time of the posts there was no more comments on the matter after max's input! A word of friendly advice if you carry on no fellow members will ever take you seriously and worse still for you the admins will get involved! :)