what did you do to your micra today ?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Thermostat housing is cracked so im gonna try get hold of one tomorrow to swap, is it just 3 bolts pull it out and stick the new one on?

Also when swapping digital clocks on a 2nd facelift to rev counter, does the mileage update itself to correct mileage?

cheers
If you don't find one, I have one for sale PM me

Hi guys, first time posting here. To day I have cut the springs on my micra. Only to see what it will look like while I save for some coilovers :)
694f07fc725e4f469aeb42ac9747c894.jpg

Kie

sorted myself a Vibe Edge 10inch of active sub.
Just need to get the wires sorted.
Well that's a Monday job :)
I wonder how did you put the wires around to be in stealh mode?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Doing more research in my moving to electric power steering pump, this will mean I can remove the OEM p/s pump, which on our rally car is also the tensioner / adjuster. So I found this image which I think is @frank 's ?

If so what belt was it, and how well did it work? I like the idea of no tensioner sapping power.

belt-jpg.18032

New pads and discs and a long awaited oil+filter change.

'94 k11 dot 1.0
McGill Motorsport steering wheel
Mountney steering wheel boss kit
Poorly fitted aftermarket backbox (3 inch rolled tip)

I
Hi guys, first time posting here. To day I have cut the springs on my micra. Only to see what it will look like while I save for some coilovers :)
694f07fc725e4f469aeb42ac9747c894.jpg

Kie
Hi Micraboy12 or should I say kiza you still owe davyboy money for the dash clocks he sent you davyboy is a honest guy willing to help people out and you **** on him! Why don't you just pay davyboy he had to pay for the parts that he sold to you! :-D

Last edited:
I
Hi Micraboy12 or should I say kiza you still owe davyboy money for the dash clocks he sent you davyboy is a honest guy willing to help people out and you #### on him! Why don't you just pay davyboy he had to pay for the parts that he sold to you! :-D
Who's Kiza? I bought this car about 3 weeks ago

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Kind of fitted the March cam cover, however I need longer allen bolts... Bodge fitted it at the moment to allow the sealant to seal off ok. Will be worth it, as nearly 1kg lighter than the standard one :grinning: :)

Also removed the alternator ready to fit a new one.

If you zoom in on this pic below of Kie's dash you can see Davyboy's dials! They still belong to Davy because Kie hasn't paid for them since he got them from Davy in Oct 2015 lol! B-)

Last edited:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Alternator mounts.... These are well heavy... Anyone make lighter ones? I sure I remember an old thread about saving weight where this was covered?

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Fascinating and informative thread of weight saving rational.

What weight reducing space saver spare wheel and tyre have you found compatible at marginal cost?
i mostly ran a 145/10 mini wheel, it fitted over the rear drums ok after the excess weight was removed, tho a front tyre puncture would have required 2 wheel changes

64870.jpg

Fitted some sr clocks tacho doesn't work as I've got to mess about with the Ecu link I know that, my real problem lies in the fact the speedo reads wrong like very wrong it's about 20 mph give or take going by redlining gears (doesn't start moving off 0 till about 20). Problem is the clocks I've got the little needle stops snapped off years ago, I've replaced with cut down matches painted black (real MacGyver fix I know). They're pretty grubby so I'm going to try cleaning the magnetic plug the speedo cable goes into...any other suggestions as to what it could be?

'94 k11 dot 1.0
Lowered on Kilen springs

7b81951529a009c48ac1004d9fec03f2.jpg

Have a picture to go with it...

'94 k11 dot 1.0
Lowered on Kilen springs

i mostly ran a 145/10 mini wheel, it fitted over the rear drums ok after the excess weight was removed, tho a front tyre puncture would have required 2 wheel changes

View attachment 47568

Any thoughts in your experience, what weight saving space saver tyre /wheel would be compatible at marginal cost (from scrapped alternative makes) for a late 1998 1.3 petrol K11 on stock steel 165/60 R14 75H wheels? Has anybody tried/done this? Many thanks for your info in anticipation!

Last edited:
Scraped it :( time to get a decent shell
Hi Kiza mate if your scrapping your motor why don't you just SEND BACK to davyboy HIS dash clocks you took off him WITHOUT PAYING FOR way back in OCTOBER 2015. If you do you might gain a little respect back from the other Micra K11 owners on various Forums and FB groups. If you do not and simply open new forum/fb accounts under new names we will all know! B-)

Eugh. Looks like I'm tapping straight into the dizzy not the ecu for my clocks...
adc42c9d587cd0e944016f2a1a2a0ed6.jpg

'94 k11 dot 1.0
Lowered on Kilen springs

Hi Kiza mate if your scrapping your motor why don't you just SEND BACK to davyboy HIS dash clocks you took off him WITHOUT PAYING FOR way back in OCTOBER 2015. If you do you might gain a little respect back from the other Micra K11 owners on various Forums and FB groups. If you do not and simply open new forum/fb accounts under new names we will all know! B-)

How about its been paid for. When I PAID OFF ALL MY DEBTS from 2015. I PAID everyone off on the 4th and 5th of January so paid I have...........