what did you do to your micra today ?

Good job that was caught now......
Got the head off the rally car for some "improvements" :)
490a93e893a64b004a3a040d41836edd.jpg

8c587b8958e58b5c479ea9e7cee9970b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the scrappys today, got a new boot handle which is all I went there for, Then I ran into another Micra that was not there last time, 1.3 Si, As per usual it was on top of another car... :( After climbing up into it I retrieved the Wiper stalk with Fog switch, Another dash cluster with rev counter, pillar tweeters and the electric window switches and top arm rest, Going back in a couple of weeks for the wheels and a couple of other bits :D

Wired up the driver side electric window and put the new indicator stalk on today, doing the passenger side and pillar tweeters tomorrow ;)

I often wondered why the headlight aim switch is not illuminated, so now mine is! Used a sub miniature 12v 65mA bulb from ebay. I used a clear bulb but no reason why a coloured one could not be used and they are available from Maplin.

Video of it in situ:

Last edited:
lift it up!

2l2KEx6.jpg

ml9CQu7.jpg

I hate winter, left lamp cracked slighty when i was pushing it onto place....

also pins in connector were placed different, it was pain doin' it outside...

WDID(Yesterday) - Lots is the answer - see the blog for details www.mattendean.co.uk

I like your life items list... I mean obviously I change oil/filters very often (every event usually) but I've never snapped shafts/wishbones etc so I've never though about 'lifing" them although I really should

I'll probably carry on this way until the car snaps something, then refresh the shell

pork

Club Member
I lurk in the shadows lol

All good thanks, got an old mini now I'm putting my old engine from the k10 in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got some parts to make a full overhaul of rear suspension, 4 x trailing arms, swaybar links and rubbers, new sport shocks from Germany at 7 Eur a piece - micra dedicated, Weichers sport front bar that strnghtens the wishbone area, and sway bar links for the front. Also some rear boot hydraulic lifts.

Next is to bring some HP to the little beast...

Steffi Cab has been in garage to have fitted new front wheel bearings, new front drive shafts and CV's, new stainless steel braided brake hoses all round, new rear brake cylinders, new brake shoes and the back axle has been refurbished! Also swapped the silly thin emergency spare wheel for a brand new full size one me's a happy chappy! B-)
Andy

So stoked I've brought some new parts and I haven't touched my car for ages so can't wait for my oil cooler seats and many other goodies to show up

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ef7928b7cfc9f49d9b28a8ee6f5ccf19.jpg

Seats pretty much in and stripped the back out time to fit a cage

Those belts will just crush your spine in an accident.

The belts need to come out at near enough 90deg from the seat back to appose a horizontal force caused by frontal impact.

The best place is the upper rear seatbelt mounts or a harness bar behind the seats.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bought a thing...

20140914_145111_zps8d5e0664.jpg

Wheels are black and its lower due to cut springs and missing the front splitter but its now a project and I shall return it to its former glory and beyond :D

Yeah I bought my old car back :L :L gonna make it into a track toy, long term project and if I can help it it hopefully wont be leaving my possession again