what did you do to your micra today ?

pork

Club Member
Not exactly micra but cg13 related...

Started to look how the turbo&engine fit in the kit car

Yep its very tight

Does anyone know where I can get an exhaust flange from?

I took an exhaust gasket to my local engineer, asked him to make 2 of them with 10mm thick steel.

£40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60dc86d1ea02eb11051dd489b77c1d18.jpg
e2bf015baac680633bada2608c301b91.jpg
finally found the leak of the filler neck so got a new one gona under seal it then fit it in eh @frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday 13th wasn't the best day for MOT, b*stard failed me on a small hole in the rear crossmember,
cars first bit of welding to be done now :(
rest of it is very solid seemed like he was looking for something

Good day today considering the nightmare yesterday, sourced two new cv joints and track rod ends in Belfast and installed the track rod ends and the cv joint that wrecked me yesterday was wee buns putting the new one on so I guess the original was knackered .. The test drive was a surprise.. So sweet on the road with the tracking still to be done tomorrow..

Attachments

• WP_20151113_15_40_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151113_15_40_39_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
  • WP_20151113_15_40_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151113_15_40_47_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 306
  • WP_20151113_15_40_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151113_15_40_55_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 272
I'm not surprised :eek: The only micra one I've separated took a lot of persuading(BFH) before the spring clip gave it up and that was with the driveshaft out and in a vice.
You're trying to ' shock ' the spring clip inside the splines in the cv joint so it can slide out. I'd try smacking the back of the CV with a solid lump of wood and move on up from there...

Try to keep the cv straight, I think we may have turned it upside down and rammed it down through the vise jaws? We came close to buggering the joint.. Two hammers one either side might do it but your timing might have to be good...
Don't they give you whole driveshafts as replacements anyway?

Well, today I was going down the M20, doing 65 and then all of a sudden there's this really high pitched squealing coming from the engine bay area, My first thoughts "I think that's the gearbox" Hazard lights on and pull off into Folkestone services (So glad that was there) got under 30 and it stopped, when I got out the car I realised what it was, driver side inner wheel arch liner must have gotten pulled off along with the splitter on the drives side, hanging down just enough sot hat the wind caught the liner and pushed it against the wheel... 5 cable ties later and I'm back on my way :) Also gave her a much needed wash with snow foam, first time I've used it.

WDID?

Today I went to local pound shop and got a M10 50mm bolt and nut for 99p. The other week called Nissan and was quoted £2.10 + vat bolts only!

Wednesday tried to grind the seized panhard rod bush from the axle ended up injuring my thump. Since then could not a lot, apart from connecting the ABS and turned the the engine to see if its ok which it is.

Project axle replacement is still not complete after nearly three years!!!

Regards

WDIDT?

Well not liking the stock slx full wheel trims I acquired via a trip to Basingstoke a set of the basic steel wheel centre caps for £7. Result.

So after a bit of prep work I have 1x finished and 1x primered steelie. Pic of finished below. Not a perfect job, but plenty good enough for now. Colour coded centre, gloss white rim.
IMG_20151115_213156381.jpg

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
WDIDT?

Well not liking the stock slx full wheel trims I acquired via a trip to Basingstoke a set of the basic steel wheel centre caps for £7. Result.

So after a bit of prep work I have 1x finished and 1x primered steelie. Pic of finished below. Not a perfect job, but plenty good enough for now. Colour coded centre, gloss white rim. View attachment 46055
Basingstoke eh? Are you local? :)

Fitted some Heko wind deflectors the other day, they are excellent, they fit perfectly and they really work great. Really gives the car a sporty look to it, I love them, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

Got a lot to do tomorrow, going to be putting a new clutch in and changing some gaskets here and there, CV boots too. Also going to clean the rocker cover up and polish it.

Spectated rally Wales GB this weekend.
In Dyfi from 7 in the morning stayed half way the nationals and then I rushed to deeside for the service. Weather very hardcore but great time.. On Sunday Great Orme but after in Llandudno I witnessed a crew with a Micra retiring because of a crankshaft sensor.. with only one stage to go.. The rock on my throat and stomach is an understatent as a feeling.. Chatting with them even after retiring they only said what a great car it is (apart from today)
My Micra has been a hero all weekend. Faultless for one more time :)

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Spectated rally Wales GB this weekend.
In Dyfi from 7 in the morning stayed half way the nationals and then I rushed to deeside for the service. Weather very hardcore but great time.. On Sunday Great Orme but after in Llandudno I witnessed a crew with a Micra retiring because of a crankshaft sensor.. with only one stage to go.. The rock on my throat and stomach is an understatent as a feeling.. Chatting with them even after retiring they only said what a great car it is (apart from today)
My Micra has been a hero all weekend. Faultless for one more time :)
Did you take your micra to dyfi? I was at dyfi between 7-10am before going to dyfant. I might have seen you!

Woke at 10am to sunshine so seize the day thought I ,, that is the driver side cv joint replaced too and the strut overhaul finished with new spark plugs and more fresh under sealing and more etch priming to the new welding, so off to get the tracking done ... Now I gotta get my ass to work for 3:30 all clean and presentable like. Yeah right! More road grime with your pint sir?

Attachments

• WP_20151116_11_31_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151116_11_31_15_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
  • WP_20151116_11_01_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151116_11_01_03_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Argh, get around to having a go at the clutch and found my hub nut is a 28mm, which is rare as heck. Had to order one on eBay, I did get the rocker cover gasket and screws done though!

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Not quite! New Forest actually, so bit of a trip but got two spare steels + new tyres as well so even including return fuel still worth a trip up the m3 (and god what a mess it is by you- all contra flows and 50limits)!
I know tell me about it.
I only go to a few times a month - I'm a member of a motor club there, but every time for over a year all the roadworks have been there. Mind, its not much better in Newbury.

WDIDT?

not much tried to clean the nut in axl for fastining the sway bar but could not do.

I should have done it when the axle was not connected at leat least I had some space to move freely.

It seems I have to take it to a garage to do it for me. Thats a pity after replacing axle and can not bach two bolts!

Regards

so haven't posted on here in a while, but last night i decided after much contenplation that I'm going to be going down the route of gsxr 600 throttle bodies, i have already started things off with making a flange for the intake, i have also ordered some pipework and a mistune board will be soon to come :) just to double check its stage 4 i need correct? wheres the best place closest to bristol gloucester to get the mapping done also?