what did you do to your micra today ?

Thanks for that frank. pre face have a 160mm clutch yeah?
And i can't use the CG13 flywheel and clutch if i want to bolt it up to an MA10 box
yes same k10 clutch/cover/bearing ben,
with a 1.3 or facelift f/w the g/box would need spacing away from the engine, the thrust bearing would miss the diaphragm fingers, and the spline would,nt fit

Confirmed that the engine is fu.....buggered.

After spending money on a new head gasket too. Aaargh....

But yes. The engine seems to be running on three cylinders and spewing plumes of blue smoke out of the exhaust.

I'm about ready to pack it up and sell it on to someone who has an engine spare and some time to fix it.

I'm about done.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fitted JDM bumper quick release. And de badged the rear. Much smoother now ☺

Attachments

• DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 278
Went B&Q today, found this alloy mesh. 3 times cheaper than the top mesh, so messed around, and did a provisional fit to the lower part of the bumper. Will look better when it is fitted properly. will change the top mesh as well, may make it look better.
DSC_0057_zps45lfaqch.jpg

Went B&Q today, found this alloy mesh. 3 times cheaper than the top mesh, so messed around, and did a provisional fit to the lower part of the bumper. Will look better when it is fitted properly. will change the top mesh as well, may make it look better.
DSC_0057_zps45lfaqch.jpg

She is looking very black and mean should name her the "Reaper" davy mate lol! :)

Andy :D

Starting as an apprentice in two weeks and thinking of ditching my road car for something RWD.. So might have a couple of things for sale in the next few weeks, but not 100% yet.

So far:
Frankspeed Mani
Wind Deflectors
35-40mm springs
PLR down pipe
Front fog indicator stalk
Green facelift rev clocks, ~115k miles
March rear plate lights
And 4(I think) pairs of 1.3 cams.

So if anyone is interested throw me a message and I'll let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed that the engine is fu.....buggered.

After spending money on a new head gasket too. Aaargh....

But yes. The engine seems to be running on three cylinders and spewing plumes of blue smoke out of the exhaust.

I'm about ready to pack it up and sell it on to someone who has an engine spare and some time to fix it.

I'm about done.

Pick me pick me....

Hopefully you don't choose to sell, but if you ever do make that decision let me know. If it's after Christmas I'll have space in the garage :)

Dude... I'm in an indecisive point of my car owning career...lol

Should I
Buy forged internals for a turbo cga3 build
Use bike pistons in the cg13
Scrap all the turbo stuff and go sr20
Do a turbo ga16
Sell the lot and spend the money on getting the evo to 500bhp?

Fit stock internals to the cg13 and run 8 psi instead of 10?

Dilema or what.....

Don't sell up, I know that much. I know how much of a set back this is, but think of the smile on your face when this thing was running right ;)
Forged internals, and anything else needed to run a reliable 10psi, gets my vote. Sounds brutal :)

just run half a bar and enjoy the car ant, my last 2 engines did 12 months each at that level (slightly less in summer and slightly more in the winter)
they,re just not designed to run 2 x stock hp

True
The problem is that I don't have a garage or even a driveway to work on. My back is buggered so I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting or working on machinery currently.
So weighing up weather it's viable to keep the car draining my bank account when I can't really do anything with it.

These arrived at last, All going in Wed/Thursday.:D
DSC_0065_zpsssqnbtgj.jpg

Also fitted the lower mesh slightly better, but it needs framing to make it look correct. changed the top mesh, so they both have the same look, not happy with it. . Will have to change the fitting to behind the lugs.
DSC_0060_zpsqvmuosav.jpg

Also fitted to the rear valance, will fit it better tomorrow I think, or hope to have time.
DSC_0059_zps9u5dxny8.jpg

And lastly fitted my new wind deflectors......3 days from Germany....impressed.
DSC_0064_zpsj48lbbqc.jpg

These arrived at last, All going in Wed/Thursday.:D
DSC_0065_zpsssqnbtgj.jpg

Also fitted the lower mesh slightly better, but it needs framing to make it look correct. changed the top mesh, so they both have the same look, not happy with it. . Will have to change the fitting to behind the lugs.
DSC_0060_zpsqvmuosav.jpg

Also fitted to the rear valance, will fit it better tomorrow I think, or hope to have time.
DSC_0059_zps9u5dxny8.jpg

And lastly fitted my new wind deflectors......3 days from Germany....impressed.
DSC_0064_zpsj48lbbqc.jpg

The Black Reaper machine is looking good mate like the mellow yellow springs! :p

Yesterday I tried to replace the dizzy and the rotor.
The dizzy is not difficult, however, the rotor was to stuck!
It's not very handy dat the screw was upside down and it was very stuck! So I'll keep those parts for when I have more time and I have a scope to check the ignition.

Besides that I replaced what was really nessary, the handbrake cable!
Works like a charm now!

ofcourse there is always 1 bolt that needs to break.

11894932_10207369039041363_500432869_o.jpg

11899372_10207369866462048_1542878246_o.jpg

Dropping Mildred of for her mot later.....
Mad rush this morning making an exhaust bracket... Sealing the second cat.... Sorting idling issues... Fiddling with wirering and given her a clean....
Along with other smaller things xx

When the rotor arm is 'upside down' just crank the engine for a moment, and it will spin round, may take a few goes but will get you right.

But I saw on the new rotor that the "foot" is round, so it's very important how you set the rotor right? After replacing?
You need a flashscoop to but the ignition right no?

Btw: Doesn't it harm the coil? You need to disconnect the dizzy right?

Last edited:
Dropped Mildred of for her yearly health check this afternoon for first thing tomorrow morning :(
Fingers crossed!!!
Manic morning spent re fixing things I'd previously "fixed" and completely forgot that it was only ment to be temporary :L

Also other bits and bobs she needed doing :)

Nice hover and a bath and hopefully she's good :)
1440006316458.jpg

Oooooooo and it was her birthday two days ago! :D xx

Any news Chloe?
I wish :L she's tucked up for the night at the garage :) mot first thing tomorrow morning :)
She'll fail :L just hopefully not as badly as last year :L but hey ....two weeks to fix it before jae :) ..... Dang.... Actually I havnt got all that much time :L xxx

I wish :L she's tucked up for the night at the garage :) mot first thing tomorrow morning :)
She'll fail :L just hopefully not as badly as last year :L but hey ....two weeks to fix it before jae :) ..... Dang.... Actually I havnt got all that much time :L xxx

Hi Chloe good luck for the MOT! :)

Back