what did you do to your micra today ?

Replaced those belts today, guess it was about time huh?

View attachment 44214
The Micra demanded it first blood from me today :eek:
View attachment 44215

Was my own fault, was wondering why I couldn´t get the nut from the tensioner pulley loose and slipped off.
Turns out I should have left the bolt inside because you cant get the nut loose without it doh.

But ahh well, hope I don´t have to open it up again anytime soon.

View attachment 44216

New brakes have been shipped today and should arrive in the next two days.
Wish my Micra was That easy to change belt from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced those belts today, guess it was about time huh?

View attachment 44214
The Micra demanded it first blood from me today :eek:
View attachment 44215

Was my own fault, was wondering why I couldn´t get the nut from the tensioner pulley loose and slipped off.
Turns out I should have left the bolt inside because you cant get the nut loose without it doh.

But ahh well, hope I don´t have to open it up again anytime soon.

View attachment 44216

New brakes have been shipped today and should arrive in the next two days.

Hi mate you replacing the front callipers and back drums with new or just the pads and shoes if so what brands are they??
Please keep us posted with updates and pics!

Andy :D

Partly cost,
Mostly cos the turbine housing is welded to the manifold, and it's a td04 9b specific turbine wheel size.

The chra and turbine are open, they can be any td04. As long as they have a td04-9b turbine wheel.....

It's grrrrr

Looking at replacement turbos for the micra.... Td04 9b is 3000gt..... But also.... L200!!

£45! Yaay....
Since ur doing about 150 bhp or max 200 even ur better off t25 which will spool faster and u got td04 Which makes it hybrid that's what I got td04 and t25

me first lil thing that i done to me car :) installed me first sub 1400w pioneer and JBL amp 600w (i think) either way it sounds pretty fat :D

Attachments

• 1067347-1.jpg
    1067347-1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 282
Bought pulsar gtir front brake calipers with discs and pads, but I don't think they fit under 14inch steelies ?

Frank, I hope not.

The engine starts up fine, runs ok and isn't spitting any oil with the turbo disconnected.... Plus. The oil in in the inlet of the turbo... How'd it get there from the Ringlands going?

Right. After an investigation,

I was at full throttle and high boost when it went,

The intercooler pipe blew off and the huge release in pressure sucked oil out through the compressor seal and wrongied the turdo.

But it was on its way out anyway due to the excessive play in the shaft, general condition of the oil and Wear.
The shaft is worn to a lip where the bushings go....

The squealing under boost kinda points to the turbo too...

there,s no "seal" as such on the turbo tho ant, just snug fitting bearings (and a springy collar/ring on the turbine end)
is the engine spraying oil mist out of that breather pipe that i fitted a sock to ?

Mine was about 2mm in every direction. There's a collection of mist in the "sock" lol.

Just looking at the state of the parts and how it felt when it went.... It's propper buggered. Lol

I suppose I could fit it back together with a clean up and try again.

I'll probably order a new one too.

Might look into doing a hayabusa forged cga3 build....hmm.....

Nah, you can see where mine had worn away the blades on the compressor wheel look, your ringlands have let go dude !
Any oil on the piston crowns when you look down the plugholes ?

Frank, what corsa pistons would fit the cg13 for lower comp ratio?

If I'm going to do this properly.... I'll need a lower cr.

Is there anyway i can tell the difference between a pre face CG10 flywheel and a facelift one? I am in need of a pre face CG10 flywheel for my CG13 swap in the Micra and i'm not having much luck finding one :(

Back