what did you do to your micra today ?

Went for a drive over Epynt, down to Llyn Brianne, then over Hockeys to Pen Y Cae.. Got steelies on the back and a dent in the passenger door so photos only from the front;)
11411748_10153328625634961_8909024051572312151_o.jpg
886023_10153328625579961_1097559154944236499_o.jpg

AutoBiscuit

Buy & Sell Member
Any pics to help me change my crossmember in need of a walkthrough :)

No pics, but there are some pics on here.

Basically, you need a spot-weld drill-bit (I went through 2, but if I kept them lubed they may have lasted).
Unbolt all the bolts (obviously)
10 spot welds each side - mirrored, so if you find one on the left, it'll be there on the right.
Pop each drilled spot, so it's all loose. Knock it out.
Clean up, fit new unit, bolt into place first with the tie-down brackets, lower engine brace, bumper brackets.
Weld new item where needed (obviously tack places where brackets need to come off to weld).

Most of the strength is in the bolting up, but the welds limit twisting.

Need a big favour from some helpful person!!! I need to know how much poke the crankshaft flywheel mating surface is to the gearbox mounting face on a 1.0 non coil pack engine :) many many thanks !!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436216210.415337.jpg

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
No manual. Basically need the difference between the ga16 and pre face 1.0
I have the 1.6 but the 1.0 is in my car atm
ahh gotcha, the ga f/w has a very similar offset to the 1.3,s and facelift 1.0,s, but the preface 1.0 has a very shallow dish/offset (from crankface to clutchface)

Just took trims off as I thought they were making the old girl look cheap and gave them a quick coat off paint ( a very quick coat lol, I'll paint them better at a later point)

Also quick question these are 14" can you get nissan centre/hub caps for these?

Please check out my old girl :) https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/my-k11-2000-1-0-s.64730/#post-725055

View attachment 43440

says on the tyre wall, think its 165/60/r14? the r14 is the 14"

the centre caps are made for 13" steels but i have them on my 14's and theres just a very small gap around the edge of them, nothing to worry about and barely noticeable

says on the tyre wall, think its 165/60/r14? the r14 is the 14"

the centre caps are made for 13" steels but i have them on my 14's and theres just a very small gap around the edge of them, nothing to worry about and barely noticeable
Yeah tyre size is 165/60R14 and thanks do you know where I can get some centre caps?

no mate, the ga centrebore is bigger tho eh, are you gonna fit it to a preface 1.0 g/box then ?

Yer I'm using the pre face 1.0 gearbox for the short gearing and 1.0 fly and clutch with the centre bore machined out.
I read something about having to separate the gb and block by 3mm?

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Yer I'm using the pre face 1.0 gearbox for the short gearing and 1.0 fly and clutch with the centre bore machined out.
I read something about having to separate the gb and block by 3mm?
it should be a direct fit mike, you may need to hybrid the little 160mm friction plate tho (info in pork,s blog)

@infinity how much time/effort was this? And how much do you think its roughly cost in raw materials and what not?

I'm always tempted to give some fibre-glassing a go. But then I wuss out and spend more to buy whatever it is already done.

Took maybe total 4 hours to make the mould. Total cost for me was about 14€ but I can get polyester resin and matt cheap at factory price. I still haven't made the finished bonnet so I'll let you know when I do. Probably within the next week when I have time. Give it a go its not hard. After I'll be doing the front wing and then wings with arches. I'll post pics of everything.

Ouch what a mess! I hope everyone involved was okay ... ^
####, hope everyone's ok
aaaaargh the r-reg-sr.this hurts!
bet it pedmo'$ fault swerving the bmx around then flinging on the L plate after the crash pffffft. let us know your alright mate.
Ohhhh gosh Jk :( hope you're OK!!! Xxx
I really hope everyone is ok

everyone are ok. the biker has a few minor injuries and also i had a few glass chips in my eyes. we went to the hospital to checked up everything so everything was 0k. i was waiting to turn before yellow box so i looked at the traffic light (it was from amber to red). Before i looked at the traffic light, this biker was coming from quite far ahead. when the red were on so as soon as i turned and he mention to stop but he failed to stop. suddenly he jumped into red then i had to stopped asap. he lost his control then smashed onto my car. i got an witness so he said he was over speeding and also jumped into red so i didnt take his number. it was my first accident in last 5years so i was panic mode. anyway i am waiting for my insurance to sort this out. i am too worried so i dont want to lose two ncbs (got 3ncb plus this current year) and also got to pay £600 to them if its my fault. plus insurance price will go up in next year.

Got it back from the MOT. Failed on top mounts :( All fixed now though! With no advisories! :D Treated it to a wash and purchased a new boot lock spring. Now all I need to do is figure out how to fit it o_O

Out walking my dogs and came across this little beauty.
DSC_0060_zpsvchu9lvx.jpg

Its a SE+ in very good nick, with all the bling, chrome handles and bumper inserts, original 5 spoke alloy, sunroof the lot.
Went into the rock climbing centre and found the owner, young girl - her granny gave it to her (problem) Told her I will buy it, she's thinking about it. Watch this space. I'll have it for the missus I hope.:D

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Good spot! :). One just like it came up on the Facebook group. Just checked and it's a tad different though. Good luck getting it.

DSC_0060_zpsvchu9lvx.jpg

Its a SE+ in very good nick, with all the bling, chrome handles and bumper inserts, original 5 spoke alloy, sunroof the lot.
Went into the rock climbing centre and found the owner, young girl - her granny gave it to her (problem) Told her I will buy it, she's thinking about it. Watch this space. I'll have it for the missus I hope.:D

is that the 1.4? Im currently searching for a 1.4 5 door too, dont think they exist over here in NI though, never seen anything above the 1 litre model :(

DSC_0060_zpsvchu9lvx.jpg

Hey Davy mate you know I like chromey blingy Micra's I want it lol! :D
Andy :D

Got home and had a package from Nissan Westway full of Micra goodies waiting for me containing the last shiny chrome insert for Rouge's rear boot lift handle, also front bumper leg end stays to replace Steffi's rusty ones it's like Christmas early lol! :)

Andy :D

60f506eda809ccd8d519f7ced6160caf.jpg
filled my tank up first time after 1 year and I can see petrol leaking near the wheel arches what can it be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk