what did you do to your micra today ?

I used to have some of these, couldn't give them away!

Think I bought them for £30, sold them for £25 with a tube of tigerseal :(
Ahh. I would have definitely snatched em for that price. I guess I'll keep a look out for some. Really ain't easy to come across. Some one on eBay had a Micra with these arches in the same color as my car but the car got scrapped (with them on) just before I asked for them! I was gutted :(

Put new wiper blades front and rear. GSF had an offer on last weekend for 33% off, and free screen wash, so for £9.20 I got both front blades and rear (Hella, so not cheap rubbish either) and 1.5l of concentrated screen wash for less than a tenner with free postage! Absolute result!! :)

See my pics above - be interested to see if you've the same difference! :)
0f5246315c6ea50df9db3bc057346e1d.jpg

18b70aff0216b58a94227e7250381ac5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

went to a "car meet" in swindon, saw another red micra, nismo rep grille and gold wheels, dunno if its anyones on here, but apart from that, a clio, a fiesta, and all my mates we were the only ones there, so went in and done some karting haha

few shots from saturday night!!

Attachments

• 10455973_384997808324539_6274145568280031362_n.jpg
    10455973_384997808324539_6274145568280031362_n.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 10534343_384997888324531_8268363154362511382_n.jpg
    10534343_384997888324531_8268363154362511382_n.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 10882290_384997831657870_795370831621298138_n.jpg
    10882290_384997831657870_795370831621298138_n.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 10885154_384997844991202_5008004812903279238_n.jpg
    10885154_384997844991202_5008004812903279238_n.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 318
Tried to calculate the compression ratio of a CGA3 with 72.5mm corsa pistons but failed miserably! :confused:

Unless someone has done it already (looking at you @frank :)) I'll have to wait until the engine is stripped to do some measuring!

Tried to calculate the compression ratio of a CGA3 with 72.5mm corsa pistons but failed miserably! :confused:

Unless someone has done it already (looking at you @frank :)) I'll have to wait until the engine is stripped to do some measuring!

Iv a compression calculator in excel for the CGA3 if you want to pm your email address

depends if you have the block decked really, the corsa piston compression height is about 3mm less iirc

depends if you have the block decked really, the corsa piston compression height is about 3mm less iirc

It's a low comp build to replace my cg13 turbo engine so preferably not.

I think @Skinner_87 fixed my problems tho as I was lacking both piston compression height and the head combustion volume. So yes pretty much the two essential parts of working out CR :(

Not quite what I did today but what I need to do is a little build thread, I've been here for a while silently sucking knowledge out of you lot to build my own car!! :D This was the first thing I couldn't find via the search bar but I need to start posting and chucking my 5pence in.

I'm supprised your not running to off these per pair of cylinder Frank :)

How's the supercharger setup coming along?
bi-turbo paul ? :) cyl 2 is pointing to cyl 1 now eh, so the exhaust pulses should overlap somewhat, and if i can get the loop pipe the right volume then the 2 pairs should overlap too (for plenty of "brub...brub...brub" hopefully)
and the s/c is finished, but needs a strong brushless motor sourcing, i have bid on one this week so fingers crossed
here,s a short vid of the current setup (for reference)

Heard a knock and the brakes started scraping like a c!nt...

Wheel off and saw this:
Code:
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwJjaBMWWMlPa0hqTzdOMFdnRUE/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPa0hqTzdOMFdnRUE&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPRVRJUWxlbnprR2c&authuser=0
open

So new pads and discs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPa0hqTzdOMFdnRUE&authuser=0
open

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPbzM4NjlsU2czaDA&authuser=0
open

My DIY Short-Shifter packed it in on Saturday :(
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPbzM4NjlsU2czaDA&authuser=0
open

So i pulled into a woodies and got a vise-grips...drove around till today with a vise-grip gear lever :p
Have it back welded now though:)
WHen i got the vise grips I used my key to break the zip ties holding it into the packet...and broke the top off the key!! New coded Key €50 :( :( :(
Wasn't my car week!!

So....I treated myself to some hydrographics :p

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPRHVJdTdJaW5jRVU&authuser=0

open

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJjaBMWWMlPbml1VzFSaXkyM1E&authuser=0

open

I tried it the first time but the backing didn't dissolve. Didnt realise i needed activator. Quick googling later and I discovered a 30% mix of xylene to 70% 2K Thinners works...got a litre of each in a local paint shop for €20...the film itself was £8 sterling on eBay. Happy out with the result, will do it to the clock surround next!
The film does have a clear background though so i had to paint the surround white, then do the film, then clear coat!

Last edited:
Hmmm not the most successful of days on the Micra.

Haven't moved her for about a month, so i didn't expect her to fire up first time. I primed the oil pressure by cranking with the injector fuse out first, but she struggled to start at all finally got her going, but not running right. Similar to issues we had going to an Autosolo last year. which a new fuel pump relay fixed....

Changed the oil on my MGZR road car, and then set about working out the running issue. Checked the voltage at the fuel pump connector, found the connectors were very dirty, cleaned them up but no difference, after a lot of cursing checking everything else, seems the voltage the pump gets when it is running is just 11.0v or sometimes 10v - connected up the pump with a battery charger and you could hear the pump was working better and the car started properly.

Will have to wire up a direct feed to the pump now....

Drained the engine oil and then went to drain the g/box oil, and could I undo the drain plug? Could i h*ll tried all sorts included a lot of heat and long bars.... Gave up in the end as i suspect i was going to break something before undoing it. In the end i removed the reverse switch and drained the oil through that.....

I think she was annoyed I left her for month.....

More fun tomorrow.....

Hmmm not the most successful of days on the Micra.

Haven't moved her for about a month, so i didn't expect her to fire up first time. I primed the oil pressure by cranking with the injector fuse out first, but she struggled to start at all finally got her going, but not running right. Similar to issues we had going to an Autosolo last year. which a new fuel pump relay fixed....

Changed the oil on my MGZR road car, and then set about working out the running issue. Checked the voltage at the fuel pump connector, found the connectors were very dirty, cleaned them up but no difference, after a lot of cursing checking everything else, seems the voltage the pump gets when it is running is just 11.0v or sometimes 10v - connected up the pump with a battery charger and you could hear the pump was working better and the car started properly.

Will have to wire up a direct feed to the pump now....

Drained the engine oil and then went to drain the g/box oil, and could I undo the drain plug? Could i h*ll tried all sorts included a lot of heat and long bars.... Gave up in the end as i suspect i was going to break something before undoing it. In the end i removed the reverse switch and drained the oil through that.....

I think she was annoyed I left her for month.....

More fun tomorrow.....
Go loco with a mallet on the plug dude, the beating shocks the threads, makes it well easy to get out.

Tried shocking the plug too to get it free, any harder I am worried I will damage something.

No need to totally drain the box, the reverse sensor is lower than the driveshafts, so when i change the NS shaft oil won't pi$$ out

Tried shocking the plug too to get it free, any harder I am worried I will damage something.

No need to totally drain the box, the reverse sensor is lower than the driveshafts, so when i change the NS shaft oil won't pi$$ out
mate the things are very resilient haha :D will be fine. Never thought of doing it that way, bloody scared of flipping BB's falling out and causing mayhem.
Piss I just realised you sent me a message

Back