what did you do to your micra today ?

First thing stolen from the newest Micra to the collection...
Interior and Micra floor mats!
These will replace those disgusting orange Inspiration seats tomorrow ;)
dc083802b3e1d4bc613a2ad35260c1c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but he isn't in a rush, I don't see the problem with lacquering over it now to give it some preotection?

whats the point in laquering paint that is sprayed on walls? this stuff is proper thick and i think laquering it would be a massive waste of time because it would probably orange peel really badly, going for matte look anyway as ive already said -.-

That graffiti paint is pretty good stuff I'm told. It's a single stage paint which is really easy to apply, but I'd at least put some matte lacquer on so you don't have to respray each time a bird craps on it. If you want a matte finish, orange peel might not be so bad.

That graffiti paint is pretty good stuff I'm told. It's a single stage paint which is really easy to apply, but I'd at least put some matte lacquer on so you don't have to respray each time a bird craps on it. If you want a matte finish, orange peel might not be so bad.

well i got 5 spare cans so if a bird does crap on it ill rub it off and spray it again haha, got enough to my whole car again

Might sound strange but iv had an x reg 1.8 zetec focus and endura 1.8 tdi focus, a 1.4 zetec fiesta newer shape and a my last car was a 2.2 dti vectra 55 plate running at 160hp and out of them all I love the micra best...for reasons known and unknown. The fuel economy extreme ease of repair and cheapness to fix being some. Also I just dont feel the need these days to have a fast car on uk cctv roads.
SparkyMarc, you sound like me bud.....youz gittin old - :D

Haha davyboy not just when it comes to cars. Im pretty old school and simplistic with a lot of things in life. Love my micra. It goes and goes and is peculiarly loveable. While some poor sod was probably in a garage with his 14 plate whatever to get some sort of extortionate repair performed solely on a laptop. Im underneath my car with spanners fixing it for nout. But people "need" a car with more technology than nasas control centre. Probably to validate them and their 24/7 desk job. Anyways im ranting like an old bugger. Back to the point I love my micra. :D plus she does 70mph what more do I need?

whats the point in laquering paint that is sprayed on walls? this stuff is proper thick and i think laquering it would be a massive waste of time because it would probably orange peel really badly, going for matte look anyway as ive already said -.-

Have a check with autobrite they do a matte wax. I've used it on vinyl and matte paint (no lacquer rubbish halfords paint) and it beads as great as any paint. Plus helps stop the fade etc. Its called onyx I think and smells like black ice magic trees

you get matte lacquer though lol, iv no idea about graffiti paint as I said but if it was matte car paint you can matte lacquer it :)

Called into 4 shops and finally found one that knew what a toffee wheel is...stuck it on a cordless drill and debumperstripped the nearside :)

Paint is OK underneath but the adhesive seems to have taken the laquer off with it :'(
Ill wash and T-cut it at the weekend and see how it looks :/

Oh, and i found and & refitted the footrest into the drivers footwell after losing it in the garage. Absolute world of different!

I love carbon foobre and made a few custom motorbike bits from fiberglass in the past so i reckon I'll chance making a few little bits like that out of carbon for the sake of it:)

Got an email today telling me the new brake master cylinders going to take 3 weeks to arrive. No bloomin use grr. Got me wondering again if my current mbc is definately screwed. Here are some pics of the seals.
20141105_231539.jpg

20141105_231435.jpg

20141105_233522.jpg

All the seals look ok...not saying they are or arent just that they look in good condition no visible perishing and no cuts or pits. The first piston contracts and retracts on the pushrod fairly easily ( I can compress it with one hand) is this indicative of a problem? Always thought it would take more effort if sealing properly. The reservoir seals are snug. And the o-rings appear fine. But the mbc is the only reason I can think that would cause a pedal to floor condition after no visible leaks anywhere else and bleeding all corners till solid fluid emits. Blem em over and over. Though the mcb didnt appear to be leaking while on car either. The diy fun factor is quickly draining away :(. Also would a second hand mcb from a scrappies be too risky or is it worth a punt?

its not gonna be the m/c if it was working ok before all this marc, its just a bleeding issue, i would block the two outlets on the m/c with m10 x 1 bolts and get the one channel working first
then when thats working ok , bleed the other channel
or try blocking 3 and do one pipe at a time ?

Last edited:
Thanks frank im going to also try bleeding the mc itself on car. Should I bleed the mc at the end after the circuits are ok? I take it im getting this problem because the whole system drained completely and the lines were sitting open for a couple days?. Also would pumping brake pedal without fluid in system be enough to damage anything?

Sparky, question. you have rear drums right? are the drum self adjuster mechanism overhauled clean n self adjusted till the shoes r resting close as pos to drums?
cos if the adjuster is dirty n seized binding, the shoes would sit too far away from the drums so more hydraulic volume than usual would be required to push the shoes all that way before it touches the surface.

hopefully its a bleeding issue - on the rod in the MC the front seal is lipped and the pressure of fluid pushes the lip tighter against the inside of the mc the more pressure there is. if it wasn't leaking its probably ok - all clean and no scoring on the metal of the mc I assume? I've not had to bleed the Micra's brakes but will be watching threads with interest!! :)

@Machinehead yes no scoring that I can see... the inside chamber looks slightly darker but this could be lighting and brake fluid residue related. obviously cant tell if the front seals are sealing to within a fraction of a milimetre or anything like that but they look new no signs of wear on any seals. Plus the old biddy that had the car probably didnt brake hard at all and she didnt use it much at all as evidenced by the extremely low mileage so fingers crossed ill put it back on soon as I can find time and ill rebleed on a surface thats flat...adjust the rear brakes so theres as close as without skiffing. Ill put the new pads on the fronts to reduce travel too. And ill bleed the mc itself on car as well as the corners in reccomended order. If it still hits floor i will seriously cry lol. Also is there any bleeding points underneath car or is it just mc and each corner?

Also to note Before i removed the mc If I pumped pedal till it firmed up somewhat and held it the rear shoes would grab to a degree. My helper was still able to rotate the drum slightly with enough force but it was functioning just not adequately. This intrigues me and gives me hope.

Oh, and i found and & refitted the footrest into the drivers footwell after losing it in the garage. Absolute world of different!

I love carbon foobre and made a few custom motorbike bits from fiberglass in the past so i reckon I'll chance making a few little bits like that out of carbon for the sake of it:)
Get a blog started! :) x

Think I may have found the cause of my dead brake pedal post bleeding.....I had the left caliper on the right and visa versa so the bleed nipples were on the bottom DOH. Will reconnect the mc tomorrow and thoroughly rebleed im hoping its just that thats causing it. I feel like a plonker lol.

Think I may have found the cause of my dead brake pedal post bleeding.....I had the left caliper on the right and visa versa so the bleed nipples were on the bottom DOH. Will reconnect the mc tomorrow and thoroughly rebleed im hoping its just that thats causing it. I feel like a plonker lol.
Been there before haha

What is the proper bleed sequence for a micra k11? Some state rear right, rear left, front left, front right whereas others state left rear> front right> right rear> front left. What actually is the correct procedure?

What is the proper bleed sequence for a micra k11? Some state rear right, rear left, front left, front right whereas others state left rear> front right> right rear> front left. What actually is the correct procedure?

I always go furthest from the master cylinder back so rear left , rear right etc etc

you did,nt try the 4 hose clamp idea then marc ,,,,,,,,,, it would have given a hard pedal till you released the front 2 clamps

Back