what did you do to your micra today ?

Discovered my outside drivers side cv boot has split again whilst checking it over for mot, must be second time in like 6 months :( now hoping that was the only thing to stop her getting another years motoring :)

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Washed her & covered her because I'm very tight on money at the mo and can't do anything for a while! Scrubbed back my badly repaired rust on the sill, will take it to a garage for welding soon.

Went to a Motorkhana for a nose...
64358_10152600781509961_9219630061912746468_n.jpg

SirChris

Educated Bodger
The daily has been reverted to stock suspension and new pads n disks... also a complete brake fluid flush. Huge difference. Anyone else seen noticeable differences when replacing old fluid? Also pressure flushed the lines... lots of crap in the pipes... no surprise the brakes were crap

Last edited:
finished my wheels with halfords gloss white which is actually white this time! just need to go get my tyres put on which ill do when im free, whilst on the bins today i spotted one of those jaguar replicas with the cg engine in it! looks sorry for itself and thought would be epic to see one on its booty!

brake fluid is hygroscopic ( absorbs water) so after a few years the boilng point drops so yes a flush through and fresh fluid does make a big difference

Sad news lads I'm moving away from the micra as I bought a new car so prob won't be on here as much (I know I haven't been on here in a while but that's due to college) but I may be back something in the future who knows, just wanna say thanks to all the peoples who were so nice to me and helped me out if I ha a question, sound lads :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad news lads I'm moving away from the micra as I bought a new car so prob won't be on here as much (I know I haven't been on here in a while but that's due to college) but I may be back something in the future who knows, just wanna say thanks to all the peoples who were so nice to me and helped me out if I ha a question, sound lads :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What ya get?

SirChris

Educated Bodger
brake fluid is hygroscopic ( absorbs water) so after a few years the boilng point drops so yes a flush through and fresh fluid does make a big difference

most likely the new discs chris, bringing the rears up to scratch usually has a big effect too
I think frank is right on this one 12h. You would only find the difference when subjected to heavy usage I reckon to make your point valid in this case, however we would soon see the difference in the turbo. I think there was so much air/**** in the lines and crap discs/brakes. Water isn't compressible, so I suppose it's just affective as hydraulic fluid. Just the boiling point is diff like you said. My only comment is that I didn't change the rears and the raise in height has made the rear bias effective again. Probs all placebo effect tbh lol.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
But anything nice for them is big money I've found. Plenty available just need deep pockets

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Only because you are used to the limited options of a micra and that micra owners refuse to spend money on their cars for decent stuff. What I buy for the micra is cheaper in the starlets

Nah I've had other cars and had plenty available to them too but I've found starlets are pretty big money for a lot of stuff, £100 for a single din cup holders for a GT, £150 for dash top box. People charging near retail price on parts like coilovers that are battered and beaten and seized. Just what I've observed in my time there.

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of really cool things to be gotten for them and they have a huge aftermarket available to them also but I've just found as a whole, a lot of the things to be over priced for what they are, I guess things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them at the end of the day.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Nah I've had other cars and had plenty available to them too but I've found starlets are pretty big money for a lot of stuff, £100 for a single din cup holders for a GT, £150 for dash top box. People charging near retail price on parts like coilovers that are battered and beaten and seized. Just what I've observed in my time there.

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of really cool things to be gotten for them and they have a huge aftermarket available to them also but I've just found as a whole, a lot of the things to be over priced for what they are, I guess things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them at the end of the day.

So true on last comment. Ur prices are for things I am not looking at I suppose. When considering performance upgrades a diff story.

So true on last comment. Ur prices are for things I am not looking at I suppose. When considering performance upgrades a diff story.

That is true, we might have different opinions from looking into different aspects of the car. Like I said though, they have some amazing aftermarket parts available to them, WEPR are making some drool worthy stainless performance parts from intakes to exhaust manis at good prices. Even down to stuff like the toyo sports ebay stuff is very affordable for brand new parts. Just as a whole though i've found the used/second hand prices to be a bit much even for a tight arse like myself

took my wheels to my brother to get tyres put on and he said theres no point because on 2 of them that were on the rear of the previous golf its got too much camber wear so gotta wait until i get cash money from work to get some phresh rubber! and raced a bloke in a modern mg roadster (?) convertible horrible little things, overtook me first and followed him up to 80 on a super long straight open road, think his gasket was gonna go because the old girl wanted to keep going! out cornered him on the twisty corners at the bottom of a hill too ;)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
took my wheels to my brother to get tyres put on and he said theres no point because on 2 of them that were on the rear of the previous golf its got too much camber wear so gotta wait until i get cash money from work to get some phresh rubber! and raced a bloke in a modern mg roadster (?) convertible horrible little things, overtook me first and followed him up to 80 on a super long straight open road, think his gasket was gonna go because the old girl wanted to keep going! out cornered him on the twisty corners at the bottom of a hill too ;)
You need to be careful chris doing high speeds with ur lows. Can lead to some dangerous times being so low n stiff. BTW did you get those wheels then? The nice one?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
that starlet reminds me of people who drive 1.4 civic and make em look like the type r's should only have all tha kit if it actually has a turbo imo
90% of Honda drivers.

You're stories of racing everyone make me cringe. Are you sure his gasket was going to give out or was it just that wasn't actually trying in the first place? Most of your posts read like a stereotypical boy racer type story

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
This.

Plus, was he even racing? 80 on a super long stretch of road is probably the speed he was planning to do...

As much as I agree that Micras are not as slow as the masses make them out to be, let's be realistic. A 1.0l engine (or even a 1.3l for that matter) is not going to beat a modern car with a higher engine capacity, not unless that car weighs more than 3 tons and you've done some serious engine/weight mods.

Beating <executive German saloon> at the lights just means you were prepared to go and s/he wasn't. I've done it loads of times. When I started driving, I used to give it high revs and lift off the clutch fairly quickly to try and avoid stalling, usually resulting in a (relatively) quick launch and sometimes spinning the front wheels a bit. I don't do that now, being a more experienced driver and all, but I guess it was mildly satisfying seeing a look of surprise on their faces when the granny mobile shoots off like that. Thing is, if the other driver knew that was going to happen, and was inclined to do so, s/he would floor it and leave me in the dust, and I wouldn't mention the event to anyone.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
After cracking my screen yesterday I need a replacement, looked into Polycarb ones and as always information on the internet was sketchy, so got on the phone

Spoke to my local MOT garage, they werent sure, passed me up the chain the local VOSA office, who passed my up to the top, the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
Windscreens can be made of any material for a Class 4 vehicle test, as long as there are no scratches/scuffs obscurring drivers view and the wash/wipe works

Poly screen it is then

vacuumed the interior and got some upholstery cleaner and gave the seats a damn good clean! Looks a lot better :)

Oh, I can vouch say a 1l Micra is no match for a 2.8l straight 6 200bhp German saloon (or estate)! Whilst it may have a lot less weight the 50bhp and torque isn't gonna to get you past it. Imagine what you'd be like if you swapped places?!? ;)

Many moons ago.......6 litre v12 jag - 80 in second gear, even more moons ago......Lambo - 105 in second gear, catch those feckers Mr Hussey, on a straight or bendy road. You are flat out at 80, they aren't racing you bud.

Today I purchased a clutch kit and thermostat for my k11, fingers crossed they're here asap, would have been nice to have them for the bank holiday but fingers crossed they'll be here before next weekend and I can get them all installed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Many moons ago.......6 litre v12 jag - 80 in second gear, even more moons ago......Lambo - 105 in second gear, catch those feckers Mr Hussey, on a straight or bendy road. You are flat out at 80, they aren't racing you bud.

Hehe, I think I can do about 50mph in 1st in the etype. It's the one thing I love about it at roundabouts, no changing mid way round :)