what did you do to your micra today ?

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
WDID ? made a catchfence incase that s/c impeller decides to let go at 20k :D

P9160117.JPG

and the old drilled g/box was starting to whine in the low gears too :)

P9160137.JPG

ordered more goodies that hopefully come before players, the rest of my locking wheel nuts and led number plate and interior light, sprayed my steering wheel i swapped one of my wooden ones for with black and gold glitter too, looks epicccccccccc

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 364
  • wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 362
Went to see that £300 SR on Auto trader.

Didn't buy it, gutted. Absolutely mint shell but a temp gauge that appeared to be working but shot up to max within seconds. I was tempted but wouldn't even be able to get it the 30 mile journey home. Didn't even seem to be a glitch in the system, it genuinely rose like you'd expect, just not that high or quickly!

done an impressive drift across a slippy car park in the wet, kept it sideways for a good time and thought i was in an s14 for a second, cant wait to get my minilites back on, grip for days! nay grip with my sport wheels, still using the tyres ade had on them!

Went to see that £300 SR on Auto trader.

Didn't buy it, gutted. Absolutely mint shell but a temp gauge that appeared to be working but shot up to max within seconds. I was tempted but wouldn't even be able to get it the 30 mile journey home. Didn't even seem to be a glitch in the system, it genuinely rose like you'd expect, just not that high or quickly!

Could just be a thermostat stuck closed. If you had a spare you could do it in a car park nearby. Just keep some water nearby to top it up again

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Had a really bad knocking noise from the suspension/steering. Turned out it was a worn track rod end. Took longer sitting in traffic to get the new one than it did to fit.

All quiet again now.

Last edited:
Over the past week I've done quite a bit to my Micra, finally getting there.

Serviced(oil, filter, plugs, air filter)
Sorted coolant issue.
Sorted broken boot release
Sorted handbrake switch (turns out it was low fluid causing the light to stay on. Will do full bleed and fluid change next week)
Changed MAF for a used unit (which since failed so will be soldered)
Sorted out pong of petrol inside of cabin (turns out the young lad before me thought installing a 1.3 fuel pump would make the 1L go faster) never tightened up seal and locking ring afterwards
Gave it a good clean out inside
Threw on a spare set of 13 steels with some okay tires for the meantime while I give my 14 almera sport alloys wrapped in falken ziex a respray.
Replaced any blown bulbs
Replaced wipers
Removed remains of broken key from ignition AND door lock and got a key cut from the leftovers
Bolted the engine back into chasis as the only thing holding the engine to the car was the front and rear engine mount

Plenty more to be done but Rome wasn't built in a day haha I'll have more threads to be posted before the weeks out with new problems haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
New sump arrived
8W0A3445.JPG

Hammerite smooth applied for extra protection from stone chips and tin worm, now fitted, job done!
8W0A3507.JPG
Just need to sort the exhaust that the previous owner inflicted slight restriction to, not to bothered about the cross member!

players. slept in it 3 up, filled the back full of pillows, bed covers, people, camera, munchies, and managed to squeaze it all in the boot with sub and tool box while the cleaning stuff in the hamper was on show to make more room haha, anything can fit in a micra! best times in a micra too! had the noises, cheapest and slowest car in the hanger but still managed to make everyone start revving and making noise with me haha!

players. slept in it 3 up, filled the back full of pillows, bed covers, people, camera, munchies, and managed to squeaze it all in the boot with sub and tool box while the cleaning stuff in the hamper was on show to make more room haha, anything can fit in a micra! best times in a micra too! had the noises, cheapest and slowest car in the hanger but still managed to make everyone start revving and making noise with me haha!

Get some photos up, want to see the micra that made players :p