what did you do to your micra today ?

No dizzy (I think...facelift) she sounds like she wants a good clear out after a night on the beer (Tonight) could be that retarded thing, but, would do that all the time ?
I think yours is coilpack davy. 4 lil black squares on top of cam cover? If so timing is done by ecu. Possible coilpack fault or tb?

Little meet :)
apumy2ah.jpg

yzamany6.jpg

yzunutyd.jpg

yjete2y4.jpg

Me and Ben having a race on private road :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i find some energy I will head to the garage to swap gearboxes (new one has a diff), full bolt check, bleed the brakes etc.....

As discussed on another thread, the term 'diff' in rally is used a slang for a LSD or Slipper diff. The current box has a standard 'open' diff.

Got my rear springs in the post today. Just need to get the wheels done and sort out my panhard rod, then get some money together for alignment.

Huggy had done most of it...I just used a wire brush attachment on my trusty Makita...

...ran it over my thumb too...that was fun...

The other reason I stopped doing yours was because I got my knot wire wheel on the angle grinder on to my thumb. That was very stupid... And was so bad I never got a photo, hospital seemed urgent haha

Some reason I'm thinking the TPS sensor
Should also say the problem only occurs when I floor the throttle and get to around 4k revs!!! the engine dies and will not pick up through any throttle position, occasionally picking up for a second before dying again and conking out. Turn the key and she starts every time, sometimes the problem is gone, and sometimes not !!
May have to wait for her to fail completely and get the AA to take me to the garage. Driving normally it does not happen.
See if I can get her onto one of those reader things next week, although if its not happening that's £15 wasted, or will it show anyways ?

A busy day, once I got started was lazy and did nothing until after the F1 qualifying.

Started off like this :-

BryalxFIQAAkHIb.jpg

Whilst doing the usual bits of removing the box, I cleaned up most bits and repainted the battery tray and mount.

Also welded up and braced the rear engine/box mount. This being the start of the Wales Rally GB prep.

BrzMJbsCQAA29JI.jpg

Got the box out all ok, checked the new clutch will fit (it does) and then checked the working face of the flywheel and found :-

BrztS-rIAAAqtsW.jpg

Lots of small hairline cracks on the whole working face, which don't go with sanding down. Glad I took a spare flywheel on a sale or return from Matt H when i collected the box. Will fit the new flywheel tomorrow. Then it is clean up the engine bay whilst the box is out then then in true Haynes manual fitting is the reverse of removal!

Took my second cat off to make a jig from it, horrified to see the pipe diameter transitions , the carbon deposits show how large the cat bore is compared to the exhaust pipe. Can't be good for smooth flow eh.

uploadfromtaptalk1404597225953.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404597234210.jpg

them hanger rubbers can be manipulated. stretch(force something into the rubber gaps or shortend(strong cable ties

I could of gone a little lower but, well my exhaust is scraping already and I want some form of headsheild...don't have one right now and it's seriously roasting haha!

Seen a March Superturbo!
But I was sat in an AE86 rally car at the time and after the blast over the mountain I forgot to take a photo... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the gearbox fitted, took a long time though....

Car seemed to be fighting me at times today, especially the OS driveshaft which really didn't want to go in. Tried alsorts, even my spare shaft, left it a while and finished off all the other jobs, and then it just popped in!

Anyway, all sorted and took her out for a test drive and its FAB driving with a diff. No wheelspin around tight roundabouts at speed, and even with one wheel on gravel and one on tarmac you get just a small bit of slip from both wheels even from a standing start :)

I am hoping that the running issues we had last weekend are now sorted by the new fuel pump relay, no issues today in 25mins of driving. So (touch wood) let hope that is sorted. Will probably drive to the work one day this week to double check.

Only odd thing is that the rad fan is now on constantly when the engine is running, but not if the ignition is on, but the engine not running. Not a massive issue this time of year, but will need to sort it. Any ideas?

Back