what did you do to your micra today ?

WDID?

New blacked out headlights thanks to @Skinner_87

20140625_192909_zpsc37d64ed.jpg

Ahh they arrived, awesome

Got all the silcone hoses on except for the 25mm ones as they were a bit off a pain and the leak defo weren't them ones. Then I let it warm up for 10mins while checking for leaks noises etc, few niggles might nerd to adjust belt tensions a little, brake need rebleeding, they work but bit spongy. And the washer jet aint working :/ no noise and is plugged in, will look at it soon. Drove round the block a few times taking it easy mostly stayed in 2nd letting it engine brake down seems pritty sound:)
Don't seem to be any leaks or overheating.

Although I need to reweld the gearstick which is a bit of a bugger but shouldn't take to long.

Got a vid from the dash but its nothing too impressive, too dark

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Just spent the last 2 hours giving the cooling system a thorough clean.

Last weekend I found a whole load of grime in the expansion tank and rad neck and thought WTH :confused:

Drained the coolant and found it had one of these organic green coolants in it, which wont have been changed since 2009!

Re-filled with coolant and a rad flush, ran car up to operating temp and took for a drive to the local Halfords. Left to cool, dumped the coolant and the amount of crud that came out was unreal :eek: So I removed all hoses and they were found to be lined with about 1mm of green scum :mad:

Hoses are all laid up drying, rad is now sat with a load of cleaner in it. Next up is an inspection of the stat to make sure it's not clogged, re-assembly and some proper ethylene glycol based coolant, (Nissan L248).

All being well the car will be up and running with a new lease of life by the weekend :)

Went to scrappies and got a polo 6n splitter! How exactly do I make it fit properly?

There's GA16 there too.. Throttle body I'm coming back for ya soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 6n2 splitter and i drilled holes in the splitter and bumper and cable tied them all together hahaha ;)

i have a 6n2 splitter and i drilled holes in the splitter and bumper and cable tied them all together hahaha ;)

That's exactly what I did haha! Good job my car isn't low enough to rip it off though ;-)

WDIDT? Meguiars DA Power System arrived so gave the car a good machine polish!

Polished Micra feat. cat
gequneju.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Just spent the last 2 hours giving the cooling system a thorough clean.
t weekend I found a whole ht WTH :confused:
Drained the coolant and found it had one of these organic green coolants in it, which wont have been changed since 2009!
Re-filled with coolant and a rad flush, ran car up to operating temp and took for a drive to the local Halfords. unreal :eek: So I removed all hoses and th
:)

which k11 :) and the cleaner you used?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
which k11 :) and the cleaner you used?

The Turbo K11.

Just a normal Holts Speedflush on the entire system. For cleaning the rad and hoses off car I used a citrus cleaner/degreaser, (bikenut from Halfords), and for the hoses I used a washing up bowl and some Scale Away to remove the last of the deposits on the hoses. Overkill but that's just the way I am :rolleyes:

It'll get a few more flushes through the engine with water before it's installed back with proper coolant, as I cannot perform an open loop flush where I live unfortunately.

Never seen a system that dirty before and it's been 5 years 1 month since it was last filled. So I'm checking my stock 1.3 GX next to see how cruddy that is, as that's not been flushed for about the same time too!

That's exactly what I did haha! Good job my car isn't low enough to rip it off though ;-)

WDIDT? Meguiars DA Power System arrived so gave the car a good machine polish!

Polished Micra feat. cat
gequneju.jpg

its weird, the 6n splitter and not being decked lows scuffed loads more than the 6n2 chopped splitter being decked, and i mean literally mms from touching the floor the splitter sits now, ill get a photo later haha

dat machine polish tho, what ya use? was thinking on investing in one

its weird, the 6n splitter and not being decked lows scuffed loads more than the 6n2 chopped splitter being decked, and i mean literally mms from touching the floor the splitter sits now, ill get a photo later haha

dat machine polish tho, what ya use? was thinking on investing in one

A Meguairs DA power system. It's basically a dual action head that you mount in the chuck of a power drill :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
The Turbo K11.

Just a normal Holts Speedflush on the entire system. For cleaning the rad and hoses off car I used a citrus cleaner/degreaser, (bikenut from Halfords), and for the hoses I used a washing up bowl and some Scale Away to remove the last of the deposits on the hoses. Overkill but that's just the way I am :rolleyes:

It'll get a few more flushes through the engine with water before it's installed back with proper coolant, as I cannot perform an open loop flush where I live unfortunately.

Never seen a system that dirty before and it's been 5 years 1 month since it was last filled. So I'm checking my stock 1.3 GX next to see how cruddy that is, as that's not been flushed for about the same time too!
U welcome to use my ends

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nearly killed the micra, never go into frome, got stuck nearly coming out a petrol station and most roads i went down i was bottoming out, poor car! even hit a bump hard enough to make one of my battery terminals come off, twice...

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
ganehesa.jpg

Attempted to change the lambda sensor, couldn't get the heat shield off the mani .. Take two tomorrow morning before an autotest thing.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Wdidt?
Went to my favourite scrappy down in West Sussex, spent £60 on bits I will probably never need Lol
K12 rear lights (all 3), trim clips, washer bottle for mum and the o/s front arch liner for her too.
plus a k11 parcel shelf with speakers...for my amazing invisible k11, it has a gold wrap around spoiler too you know :p

Now I'm going to pop back outside to continue yesterdays work, which I'm still not telling you about ;)

.....yet

Wdidt?
Went to my favourite scrappy down in West Sussex, spent £60 on bits I will probably never need Lol
K12 rear lights (all 3), trim clips, washer bottle for mum and the o/s front arch liner for her too.
plus a k11 parcel shelf with speakers...for my amazing invisible k11, it has a gold wrap around spoiler too you know :p

Now I'm going to pop back outside to continue yesterdays work, which I'm still not telling you about ;)

.....yet

which scrappy might that be ? i went to silverlake today and was fairly unimpressed so need more places to visit :/

which scrappy might that be ? i went to silverlake today and was fairly unimpressed so need more places to visit :/
G&R harris in nutbourne west sussex.
I've actually just posted a picture in the "members ebay finds" thread as they've got some of a 1.3 slx, including rev counter :p

Never seem to get anything with silverlake :-(

Hoovered the interior of the rally car and now cleaning the interior of the road car... The micra carpet sure does hold onto dirt well! :(

got stuck getting into my space at combe twice haha, had to get pushed up, gave the oldies a good laugh at it, suprised i got my 97 micra into classic and retro haha, saw it get a few photos too!

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 215