what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted my brand spanking new na15de throttle body ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
Yea did some research on fitting abs and its a big job, requires rear discs and those I don't have :( shall just get myself a set of quality pads! Brembo do a grooved disc set and pads for around £100 I might look at....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I got ABS on my mystique and that has drums at the rear.

Ripped the bugger apart and found a full set of alto springs for 40 quid so may be lower in a week or two

Attachments

• 1400105742183.jpg
    1400105742183.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 1400105760043.jpg
    1400105760043.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 251
Yea kinda didn't think of that in the moment!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
More practise required is all. Ive used bog standard Mintex pads.. at a push M1144 on the faster cars and only ever grooved n dimpled discs on my silly cars that got nice glowing hot to defeat fade and pad glaze on track n stage. Small cars like ours have awesome brakes its just getting used to suddenly stopping :)
Higher quality brake pads will see you lock up less.
As above. If anything better cold bite pads lock up quicker. If they lock up less then they're higher operating temp "fast road" pads
As has been said, bigger brakes will mean more stopping force and thus make it easier to lock up your wheels... You need better tyres or more common sense basically
Not necessarily. Leave a standard cylinder on the larger brakes you get a larger range of control over your braking.. meaning less likely to lock up.
Tarnac gravel I use my skyline cylinder. Snow n forest I use the micra cylinder.

More practise is all thats needed

Failed with the ARB :( going to try again tomorrow, get dad to have a go at it!
by8e3yqy.jpg

Have a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no front ARB and my car handles better than it did with one. Little bit more front roll but a lot more front grip :)

I have no front ARB and my car handles better than it did with one. Little bit more front roll but a lot more front grip :)

I have front and rear, but there's an adjustable rear Whiteline in the garage that we don't use on the rally car, so I thought I'd take advantage :) driving with the rear disconnected at the moment, see how it feels!

I have front and rear, but there's an adjustable rear Whiteline in the garage that we don't use on the rally car, so I thought I'd take advantage :) driving with the rear disconnected at the moment, see how it feels!

Much understeer i predict

Changing the rear anti roll bar... Proving to be a difficulty undoing the (already) rounded off bolt!

Changing the whatnow?

I don't even have one of those....and mine's 2001 style...

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Rear anti roll bar makes the rally car too stiff, we never use it. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes on basically standard car!

Out of curiosity, do you run a front one? Mines having a tendency to push through lower speed corners, need a hand....

Out of curiosity, do you run a front one? Mines having a tendency to push through lower speed corners, need a hand....

Yeah we run a front one but found the rear was lifting the back wheels way too much so it came off. What suspension you running?

Yeah we run a front one but found the rear was lifting the back wheels way too much so it came off. What suspension you running?

BCBR coilovers and a fairly basic tracking set up... Getting it laser aligned and properly set up soon, and corner weighted when @h701micra pulls his finger out :p

Rear anti roll bar makes the rally car too stiff, we never use it. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes on basically standard car!

How so?

Depends on the size. Assuming you have bc coilovers I wouldn't go any bigger than 12/14mm..

A rear one has more advantages than a front one in the fwd world :)

How so?

Depends on the size. Assuming you have bc coilovers I wouldn't go any bigger than 12/14mm..

Car really handles better without the rear. We have full spax setup so the car is plenty stiff enough without it!

How so?

Most rear ones as 20mm plus... Hard to find one that's 14mm, tommi meadows is coking wheels like a spaniel but I guess that's due to a thick ARB?

Car really handles better without the rear. We have full spax setup so the car is plenty stiff enough without it!

With a correct setup in suspension I reckon you wouldn't need any anti roll bars in my opinion
Most rear ones as 20mm plus... Hard to find one that's 14mm, tommi meadows is coking wheels like a spaniel but I guess that's due to a thick ARB?
Make one or convert the front one?
Can be down to short shocks or a stiff arb
Either way... 4 wheel contact is always best :)

Back