what did you do to your micra today ?

^ Tasty.

Got my alignment and balancing done, all sorted much better. Took two tries to get the alignment and it's still not 100% but I'll live. Think I've got the dreaded 'heat shield' rattle however, at around 500rpm?

no its not tapping, its the heat shield because if I hold it down the noise stops, I know the timing chain can rattle on our engines mine doesn't, that's one thing shes had is regular oil changes.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
maas aswell plug n pay,remember blow up,you pay up,,Pay As You Blow,

20140513_191630.jpg
20140513_191708.jpg

r-reg new schemes with new teams :)

got these little goody's today £20 the gx i got these from had been in the scrappy for 5 mins lucky timing

Attachments

• IMG_20140513_165316.jpg
    IMG_20140513_165316.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20140513_165412.jpg
    IMG_20140513_165412.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 282
no its not tapping, its the heat shield because if I hold it down the noise stops, I know the timing chain can rattle on our engines mine doesn't, that's one thing shes had is regular oil changes.
I had this ! Was too hard to get hand in to tighten up so I just put a big jubilee clip round it to tighten it up !

Had a very close call today, some moron pulled blindly out of a side road and I locked up at 40mph, scary stuff! Is there anyway of retro fitting ABS? wouldnt mind a bit more confidence in my brakes! Have 13 inch wheels otherwise i'd go the route of the pulsar set up...

Had a very close call today, some moron pulled blindly out of a side road and I locked up at 40mph, scary stuff! Is there anyway of retro fitting ABS? wouldnt mind a bit more confidence in my brakes! Have 13 inch wheels otherwise i'd go the route of the pulsar set up...

Just pump the pedal yourself, or don't slam it to the floor :p

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Higher quality brake pads will see you lock up less.

Have ebc pads in at the moment but might look at some higher temp ones

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Higher temp/race pads may not be the best because they need temperature to work, and if you're on a dual carriageway you'll have pretty cool brakes.

May be wrong though, but I'd of though general high quality pads will be better

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter

bigger wheel more braking surface[tyre]

Wider^

And having better brakes would be worse asaik as they'll be more responsive and lock up easier.

ABS is the way forward (Y)
Yea did some research on fitting abs and its a big job, requires rear discs and those I don't have :( shall just get myself a set of quality pads! Brembo do a grooved disc set and pads for around £100 I might look at....

I wouldn't say too cautious...I've hooned around plenty and am perfectly aware of my grip limits just never had to emergency stop before now.