what did you do to your micra today ?

Well today , I painted the calipers red , and also put on some 9.5mm spacers all round and de badged it will be being lowered on New Year's Day pics to follow very soon !!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Yes, at that time i couldn't get it to work right. When i installed the CA18 MAF and later the SR20 MAF on my Turbo SR i had problems with that also (like pollyp), but over time i manage to work the VQ MAP and it works great. Must get another GA16 T/B to test that VQ MAP (GA16, CA18 and SR20 VQ MAP's look very similar).
whats the verdict on that vid the armando ? does the ecu just interpolate if it runs off the scale anyway ?
i dont want to fit a bigger t/b, the SR t/b worked ok, but because the air is being shoved through the throttleplate under pressure, the SR one was like an on/off switch (full power at 1/4 throttle, and no difference between 1/4 or full throttle)

Here's the fog spot position I'm trying to fill, primeras look the best bet.
001_zps4f1c2d9e.jpg

1549496_10202115767669385_211179947_n.jpg

IMG_4316.JPG

so yeah, lows then haha, feels amazing!! so much lighter on the steering and looks awesome now! got alot of attention at the krispy kreme meet, had a practice run up my college drive, the speedbumps are no problem! apart from the back way but no one likes to take the back track ;)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
View attachment 27095

View attachment 27096

so yeah, lows then haha, feels amazing!! so much lighter on the steering and looks awesome now! got alot of attention at the krispy kreme meet, had a practice run up my college drive, the speedbumps are no problem! apart from the back way but no one likes to take the back track ;)
Steering will probably get heavier again once camber and toe have been adjusted, will be all over the place atm remember!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
i,m gonna try turning the chargepipe hose andy (sideways on) to check the air is,nt being biased towards the maf sensor (because the t/b is mounted backwards)
or else open up the maf area till it maxes the maf @ full chat
and here,s the difference with the airflow coming from a different direction !

PC300281.JPG

baguete

Site Supporter
whats the verdict on that vid the armando ? does the ecu just interpolate if it runs off the scale anyway ?
i dont want to fit a bigger t/b, the SR t/b worked ok, but because the air is being shoved through the throttleplate under pressure, the SR one was like an on/off switch (full power at 1/4 throttle, and no difference between 1/4 or full throttle)

Don't know what Ed did on your ECU, you need to check the load scalers to see if they hit the last cells, but if your AFR's are ok then the ECU maps are good for your setup.

I had that problem with the GA16 T/B, almost no throttle but it seemed like i was giving it half throttle, AFR's were ok at half and full throttle, but at idle and light cruise AFR's were mad rich.

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Don't know what Ed did on your ECU, you need to check the load scalers to see if they hit the last cells, but if your AFR's are ok then the ECU maps are good for your setup.

I had that problem with the GA16 T/B, almost no throttle but it seemed like i was giving it half throttle, AFR's were ok at half and full throttle, but at idle and light cruise AFR's were mad rich.
ah :) dunno what my a/f/r,s are tbh, but it still does the same 70 miles/tenner if i dont boot it, and about 15 miles/tenner if i do :eek: so i dont think they are far out

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
That looks quite a bit different eh. maybe consider some flow smoothing before the TB? you still got that bit of mesh over the inlet? how is A/F looking with the new setup?
yes ed, i,ll try a precoilpack mani next (with the t/b the right way round) then open up the t/b till it maxes @ below 5v eh :)
edit, no mesh mate

The mesh is likely to be there as a flow smoother before the MAF. If I were you frank I would try sticking it back in and see what difference it makes :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
i dont buy those theory,s about the mesh personally, just a stone filter imo :)
we,ve fitted a mani and turned the t/b, so i,ll try again later

PC300284.JPG

and cut some short lengths of sunroof drainpipe as collars to fit over the topfeed injectors for a nice snug fit into the pre-coilpack mani rubbers :)

PC300282.JPG

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
You'll be able to see the airflow difference on the maf reading surely?
i think maf,s are a pretty crude measuring instrument andy, and the voltage scale is curve iirc, so a slight voltage difference in the top-end may be pretty meaningless ?
i think you just have to have about 1.3v @ idle and sub 5v @ wot basically

Took Melody The Micra to West Wales and back yesterday and stopped to watch a rally at Pembrey on the way home!
She's dirty again now :(
PS anyone selling a 4-2-1 or 4-1 manifold please? Second hand or new, doesn't matter.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Trial fitted the new corner pods i got and worked out how best to fit the, etc....

Plenty of lights with them fitted, 100w H4's in headlights, x4 lamps in lamp pod with 35w HID's and x2 corner pods with 100w H3's, should keep the alternator busy!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
i dont buy those theory,s about the mesh personally, just a stone filter imo :)
we,ve fitted a mani and turned the t/b, so i,ll try again later
i dont think we are far off, there are probably some tweaks you can do to the venturi around the sensor (must,ve nudged the cam mount out of position on this vid eh :rolleyes: )

PC300287.JPG

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
1.0 or 1.3? Been looking for a moredoor myself :)
1.3 LX. Finding a 1.0 turned out to be almost impossible, for some reason they were all vastly overpriced. This one has almost no rust and has had only one, fairly well done patch to the shell. It's a lovely motor. Had to flip a coin on the price though. I won hehe :)

1.3 LX. Finding a 1.0 turned out to be almost impossible, for some reason they were all vastly overpriced. This one has almost no rust and has had only one, fairly well done patch to the shell. It's a lovely motor. Had to flip a coin on the price though. I won hehe :)

Yeah, seen a lot more 1.4/1.3 5 doors... You got lucky then :p I just need to find a nice one near me now :(

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Yeah, seen a lot more 1.4/1.3 5 doors... You got lucky then :p I just need to find a nice one near me now :(
As long as you're patient you'll get a decent one (y) Bit wierd driving a 5 door because the b pillar is so far forward the seatbelt is forward as well, you don't feel quite as secure.

@ frank - your footwell looks as bad as mine (used too) LOL:p
Also - just found a couple of Almera fogs, and Primera fogs in the same scrappy. Going up country (30 miles) tomorrow to have a gander - looking good though.

you need a switch davy?
This will sound strange, but, I like the look on the front with them in. Not worried if they work or not :rolleyes:
However, if they are on the car, do they have to work for MOT ? I don't think I'm gonna like the answer.:(
How easy to wire that stalk in? won't be me - I'd set fire to the car :eek:

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
This will sound strange, but, I like the look on the front with them in. Not worried if they work or not :rolleyes:
However, if they are on the car, do they have to work for MOT ? I don't think I'm gonna like the answer.:(
Where abouts do you hail from Davy?

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm

no as far as im aware front fogs are part of mot, and just asking i may be getting primera with switch tomorrow

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Cornwall bud - end of the known world !!!
Bit far or I would have given you a hand. They don't have to work for MOT, although non working fogs may be picked up as an advisory. It's a simple wiring circuit to build. Just some wire rated at greater than 10A, a 10A fuse and holder, a 3A fuse and holder and a 30A relay (as well as the switch of your choosing, e.g. the fog stalk switch).