what did you do to your micra today ?

Spent 20 bloody mins scraping ice off the windows after work befor going home at 9pm. Now waiting for the bloody windscreen to clear grrrr!!!! Thought this was supposed to happen in the morning befor work lol

Not in my experience pal. I have friends, colleagues and acquaintances these days and can count the former on one hand. If ya mates are the kind to get ya in situations like that id drop em before ya end up in a cell or worse. Only my informed opinion of course. Your decision tho

Tbf, even though we think they do sometimes; cops don't just pull you over for the sake of it. If there's something shady about you or your car, they'll be pulling you for a word or two.

my mates saw me going through town and they raced to catch up to me, the police saw them not me, they caught up to me and the police over took all three of us and stopped me and the other two drove off, so i had no reason to be pulled, i wasnt exceeding the speed limit at all. i pulled over to let an ambulance pass before and then had to turn into a junction when they caught up, pretty sure i cant take that junction at any faster than about 15 or so so i couldnt of hit above 30 in the tiny gap between the junction and roundabout they pulled me in -.-

Lots today....

Rebuilt the osf front strut with new height adjusters, spent ages searching for the top nut ( :( )
Seam welded up the new osf wishbone, fitted poly bushes, and fitted.
Fitted sump guard and foam between sump and guard.
Fitted new rear arb drop links
Fixed horn, fitted a 30A fuse for the air horn.

Got about another days work to do before Brands where i have been seeded at car 42, which is 27 places ahead of the next car in the same class as me, so no pressure there then!

Not in my experience pal. I have friends, colleagues and acquaintances these days and can count the former on one hand. If ya mates are the kind to get ya in situations like that id drop em before ya end up in a cell or worse. Only my informed opinion of course. Your decision tho

i said to the police i wasnt speeding, they saw me and were being idiots to catch me up, i even told my mates if they stopped aswell i would of blamed it all on them and they would of had to say it was their fault

my mates saw me going through town and they raced to catch up to me, the police saw them not me, they caught up to me and the police over took all three of us and stopped me and the other two drove off, so i had no reason to be pulled, i wasnt exceeding the speed limit at all. i pulled over to let an ambulance pass before and then had to turn into a junction when they caught up, pretty sure i cant take that junction at any faster than about 15 or so so i couldnt of hit above 30 in the tiny gap between the junction and roundabout they pulled me in -.-
Sounds lame.

But don't you think its a bit more than a coincidence that the two people who are at "blame" are your mates?
That sh*t would never happen if it was two odd bods instead (unless you where actually racing randomers).
You can tell a convoy from a mile off, and cops see that sh*t all the time.

Im guessing what they would have seen is, your mates hooning about and then joining up to you in a tailgating fashion no less; identifying you as the main man, and assuming you had been hooning before they clocked you.

Worth a tug for any fed on roads.

Sounds lame.

But don't you think its a bit more than a coincidence that the two people who are at "blame" are your mates?
That sh*t would never happen if it was two odd bods instead (unless you where actually racing randomers).
You can tell a convoy from a mile off, and cops see that sh*t all the time.

Im guessing what they would have seen is, your mates hooning about and then joining up to you in a tailgating fashion no less; identifying you as the main man, and assuming you had been hooning before they clocked you.

Worth a tug for any fed on roads.

exactly that.

What I'm getting at, is when you said you had no reason to get pulled= you did have, its just your perception led you to have the " I didn't do nothing wrong" vibe,
And what @Dinky Dk is getting at is= real friends don't drive like nobs tailgating each other making you all look bait ;)

yeah what i was exactlying at was when you put Im guessing what they would have seen is, your mates hooning about and then joining up to you in a tailgating fashion no less; identifying you as the main man, and assuming you had been hooning before they clocked you.

Sounds about right, no point in driving like a ****. Just gets everyone in **** n give the rest of us who mod our cars a bad reputation. I know what lads in devizes drive like, used to have to put up with it every day. As a motorcyclists it used to make me realy nervous. If ya wanna drive like mcrae get on a track, preserve ya licence and possibly your life or someone elses ;)

Dont mean to keep on iv just lost to many friends in road accidents either shortly after passing their test, because of someone who has just passed, or general stupidity. Motoring is a responsibility not just a right. You are in control of something that can cause serious damage if abused. Just remember that before you put ya foot down. Its better that the cops give you a hard time than visit your loved ones with the unfortunate news of your demise or your arrest due to causing someone elses. Lecture over ;)

Diesels are what's called 'excess air' engines ie there's always more air in the cylinder than is needed for the diesel to burn. This makes the combustion very hot and generates nitrous oxides. Adding some exhaust gas into the cylinder replaces some of the air and lowers the combustion temperature thus reducing NOx emissions :).

Diesels are what's called 'excess air' engines ie there's always more air in the cylinder than is needed for the diesel to burn. This makes the combustion very hot and generates nitrous oxides. Adding some exhaust gas into the cylinder replaces some of the air and lowers the combustion temperature thus reducing NOx emissions :).
So it's not just me that's full of hot air, it's my engine too :p

@stani1029
...Sorry, I knew I'd miss it Lol

IMG_20131226_185128_zps40a63718.jpg

Diesel poweeeeerrrrrrrrrr eh, Jen :cool: ?
Powerrrrrrr indeed, and excellent mpg *hi 5*
Has your mpg started getting better now, I remember you saying you were still getting about 55? Engine loosened up for you a few k down the road?

Edit: what did i do...recently?
Instead of playing the mpg game I've started playing the engine braking game, on my way home, very quiet roads at10:30 pm.
On Thursday evening I went almost 6 miles without touching my brake pedal.
I have no life...still :D

It has a bit. Got 60.8 out of a tank recently but then the next one was 55.0. Need to remember to lighten up on the right foot I guess...

i just wanna see what the timing, maf, injectors etc are doing as i rag it through the gears basically ed :) nistune rate the SR maf @ 290hp max iirc, which sounds unsuitable to me (wrong resolution) i want to check whether my stock maf is maxing out n stuff :)
hmm, the stock maf does max out at about 100/120hp then !

Thought I'd share my news with you

My little girl was born yesterday at 4:45am weighing 7'14

1388333510993.jpg

My cars have all taken the back seat now and so has my business planning.

That's our 3rd child in 3 years so that's us finished for kids now :p busy busy

So what did I do with my micras. Washed em and wrapped em up until a suitable time to play again :)

Thought I'd share my news with you

My little girl was born yesterday at 4:45am weighing 7'14

View attachment 27085

My cars have all taken the back seat now and so has my business planning.

That's our 3rd child in 3 years so that's us finished for kids now :p busy busy

So what did I do with my micras. Washed em and wrapped em up until a suitable time to play again :)

Congratulations, hope all is good :)

That puts me right on the limit for using the CG maf on the GA then...
i,m gonna try turning the chargepipe hose andy (sideways on) to check the air is,nt being biased towards the maf sensor (because the t/b is mounted backwards)
or else open up the maf area till it maxes the maf @ full chat

PC290279.JPG

gotcha :)
So you could just swap to the GA16 and load new binary file to match? this would auto update the load/voltage lookup table or whatever it uses I assume. That way you wouldn't get the maf maxing out, with a small decrease in data accuracy.
baguete could,nt get his GA16 t/b to work on his nistune iirc ed (wrong scaling or something ?)

baguete could,nt get his GA16 t/b to work on his nistune iirc ed (wrong scaling or something ?)

Yes, at that time i couldn't get it to work right. When i installed the CA18 MAF and later the SR20 MAF on my Turbo SR i had problems with that also (like pollyp), but over time i manage to work the VQ MAP and it works great. Must get another GA16 T/B to test that VQ MAP (GA16, CA18 and SR20 VQ MAP's look very similar).

Back