what did you do to your micra today ?

This, needs to happen. (but with smaller wider wheels!)
I was thinking, plastidiping it would be a non permanent mod (would have to consult with my insurer of course)
But those wheels are perfection in alloy :p

Those are good size wheels I feel. Needs another 10mm off tho!

I feel like a broken record...I love my arch gap...even if it is all that is wrong with the world :D

@LegoJeep

March-policecar1_zps7023018e.jpg

Was my inspiration ;)

gotta k&n universal air filter off my mates 106, me and dads gonna have a hunt about for some old pipes and stuff in the garage to make a cold air intake, might aswell as its free!

I was thinking, plastidiping it would be a non permanent mod (would have to consult with my insurer of course)
But those wheels are perfection in alloy :p

I feel like a broken record...I love my arch gap...even if it is all that is wrong with the world :D

@LegoJeep

March-policecar1_zps7023018e.jpg

Was my inspiration ;)
That's plagiarism - sort of........... naughty.:rolleyes:

grr.jpg
Today I followed Jeremy Clarkson's advice and beat it with a hammer. Surprisingly, it didn't work. I only resorted to violence because doing the job properly didn't work and resulted in two broken tools.. I have to wait until tomorrow evening to continue :mad:

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Police cars often have slightly uprated suspension, it's only to make it more authentic. Plus you'd need to lower the car a tiny bit to maintain the aame ride height on those wheels ;)

Police cars often have slightly uprated suspension, it's only to make it more authentic. Plus you'd need to lower the car a tiny bit to maintain the aame ride height on those wheels ;)
Those note wheels are the same as my current ones I believe?
...16inch and 6j ^_^ although they usually have different size tyres on notes...195/55...I would have 195/45 ;)...as that is what I have on my rear wheels at present.

Definitely it allows the engine to pitch and that pulls it out of gear.
You wedge a piece of rubber in like @frank to stiffen it up or replace it
OK cheers for the info dude, I'll go have a look in a mo and see what the dealio with it is. If it is the issue, why does only 3rd play naughty?

3rd has the shortest 'throw' so its easiest to pull out. 1st & 5th will play up but not to the same extent
Ahhh, I had a quick look, but was too dark to see and my phone died at that no so no torch.. Will have a look tomorrow. My brake level is low as there's the warning light, is this going to contribute to this 3rd gear issue?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Ahhh, I had a quick look, but was too dark to see and my phone died at that no so no torch.. Will have a look tomorrow. My brake level is low as there's the warning light, is this going to contribute to this 3rd gear issue?
That's going to contribute to a crash issue... get it topped up .. then ask yourself where your fluid is going!
Not linked to your gears at all :)

MAX Don't ever say YOLO.

We're not all complete morons who don't know the meaning of Carpe Diem you know...

No offence and that, but YOLO is just retardation of the english language.
I've never heard that expression ???? looked it up - lazy kid speak. Sometimes I don't know what everyone is talking about, getting old s-pose.

That's going to contribute to a crash issue... get it topped up .. then ask yourself where your fluid is going!
Not linked to your gears at all :)
Haha :)
I thought it wouldn't, but sometimes the brake pedal dips when I fully clutch ???
Also, this problem first reared its head only one day before it started being the way it is now.. When I was clutching to shift from 3rd to 4th, the shifter felt like it just flicked out of 3rd with no resistance whatsoever, almost like It had gone to neutral before I actually pulled it back myself?? Kinda hard to word, but at the time I just thought I was tripping out about it haha

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Haha :)
I thought it wouldn't, but sometimes the brake pedal dips when I fully clutch ???
Also, this problem first reared its head only one day before it started being the way it is now.. When I was clutching to shift from 3rd to 4th, the shifter felt like it just flicked out of 3rd with no resistance whatsoever, almost like It had gone to neutral before I actually pulled it back myself?? Kinda hard to word, but at the time I just thought I was tripping out about it haha
Makes sense to me dont worry. I had it a long time ago in mine but my rear mount wasn't attached properly and nearly popped out of every gear under partial throttle was a pain in the ass. But was soon sorted :)

The pedal dipping when you press the clutch is pressure dropping in the brake servo at a guess when manifold pressure drops. Nothing to worry about :)

Makes sense to me dont worry. I had it a long time ago in mine but my rear mount wasn't attached properly and nearly popped out of every gear under partial throttle was a pain in the ass. But was soon sorted :)

The pedal dipping when you press the clutch is pressure dropping in the brake servo at a guess when manifold pressure drops. Nothing to worry about :)
Yeah it is a bit b*llocks, I'll get on it tomorrow and have a go at wedging something in there.. Top up that brake fluid too haha :)
Worst case scenario, I'll need a new box. Will give me that ever so slight nudge I need towards getting the 1.3 I want anyway :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Yeah it is a bit b*llocks, I'll get on it tomorrow and have a go at wedging something in there.. Top up that brake fluid too haha :)
Worst case scenario, I'll need a new box. Will give me that ever so slight nudge I need towards getting the 1.3 I want anyway :)
Its easy enough :) definitely get the brake fluid done

Sooner rather than later. 1.3s are getting harder to come-by

Its easy enough :) definitely get the brake fluid done

Sooner rather than later. 1.3s are getting harder to come-by
Yeah been putting it off lately as been busy, but got a free afternoon tomorrow so gotta hit it.

Are they really? Across the road from my mums had two in their drive, one has been replaced with a Toyota.. Presumably the missing Micra had been scrapped as they go through a lot of "cheap" cars.. Run them til they need something and change car stylee..

So gonna dibs on the remaining 5door glx they have left, or search out an mot failure donor :)

Clodo

Club Member
Wdidt.... Drove to drop of an application form :) got some "respect" of some "boy racers" :p saying they love my micra :) micrapro and I then drove in Millie to the scrap yard to find some goodies... Nothing :( then went to get petrol and chocolate :) then went to get me some new work shoes... Now I've managed to get tom to paint my nails :p 1384803143523.jpg what a star :p X

Clodo

Club Member
Yes unfortunate :( Micrapro and I have had very little time recently the cars have taken a back seat and weve not been as active on the club as you've probably noticed :(
However this isn't a bad thing as we've just bought our first house together :) last bit of solicitor work and should be pottering in our very own garage in about two weeks :D x