what did you do to your micra today ?

Couple of adjustments to paint and she'd be finished ;)
i5l4.jpg

kcwx.jpg

Still needs clear coat. Not bad for my first go

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Removed the steering rack, you have to undo all the clips behind engine tying down the loom, twist it away from bulkhead, lift passenger side up and slide as high as possible, then wiggle it out. It's a pain of a job...

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Sorted a deal for a gas flowed head, grp. A cams, nistune ecu (already mapped), fuel pressure regulator, and head gasket set all to go in the cga engine i am collecting on monday.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Bought a new rack, found it had the mythical m14x1.5 tie rods on ao put my super s rack back in with the better tie rods and took it for a spin :)
It feels a bit vague in the centre, need a quarter turn either way to get it feeling weighty like it should, is that likely to be too much tow in or tow out?

h701micra

Deactivated Account
It feels a bit vague in the centre, need a quarter turn either way to get it feeling weighty like it should, is that likely to be too much tow in or tow out?

I'd say so. Your quarter turn (including slack) is alternating between which wheel is 0deg forward facing as caster helps pull them into their respective lines at a guess :) hard to tell without seeing it for myself

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I'd say so. Your quarter turn is alternating between which wheel is 0deg forward facing as caster helps pull them into their respective lines at a guess :) hard to tell without seeing it for myself
Yeah sorry I punctuated that scentance wrong haha, I know its out just son't know of it needs more tow in to correct it or tow out to correct it. I'm thinking tow out atm. I put 26 whole turns on each track rod if that helps diagnose (I doubt it but you never know haha)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Yeah sorry I punctuated that scentance wrong haha, I know its out just son't know of it needs more tow in to correct it or tow out to correct it. I'm thinking tow out atm. I put 26 whole turns on each track rod if that helps diagnose (I doubt it but you never know haha)
Ah fair does.
I think it goes something like the shorter shaft (n/s) is considered your main drive wheel so straighten that and check the other side and check your toe angle
Or if the o/s wheel is straight with the steering wheel that's.
Dependant on if you got the column on the right spline of the rack. Which I'm sure you have
Dont quote me but its something like that

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Ah fair does.
I think it goes something like the shorter shaft (n/s) is considered your main drive wheel so straighten that and check the other side and check your toe angle
Or if the o/s wheel is straight with the steering wheel that's.
Dependant on if you got the column on the right spline of the rack. Which I'm sure you have
Dont quote me but its something like that
I have no way to check how far its out, just wanted to do quarter turns at a time until it felt about right, then take it to protyre but will just drive slow :)

Bought a new rack, found it had the mythical m14x1.5 tie rods on ao put my super s rack back in with the better tie rods and took it for a spin :)
More vague than usual? Not just backlash?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
No backlash at all, and its weighty enough at standstill just on the move it gets light the first quarter turn either way

Same as me, though mine feels 100% fine on standard steelies.

Offset of my steels play havoc with the steering. I think it's "scrub radius" reading Frank's posts.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
What is the difference in racks ?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Started packing up today for the weekend, where we are doing a Targa Rally (scaled down stage rally), also found out we have been seeded at car 3 out of 55 entries - so no pressure there then!

Also off the Goodwood FoS on Friday and an engagement party on saturday so a busy weekend!