what did you do to your micra today ?

Nice wash and polish with the help of MicrAde...

2013-06-03152613_zps4f362b2b.jpg
hey ade if you like cleaning cars so much fancy having a crack at a yellow one :D

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Had a right go with the super s-ness today :)

Cleaned up my new bumper ready for prep and primer

05D9B4DA-DFC5-4460-897B-B3D02E8C9483-2406-0000021BBAED9699_zpsb35ee4a8.jpg

Then tackled the fog lights

(Once the dam things were out)

32F0AC8D-688F-407A-B12F-3E71CBF63477-2406-0000021BA4A8E3C8_zps25ddfe28.jpg

Few air bubble but hardly notice-able anyway, getting some yellow bulbs for them soon

Also noticed the bulb carriers were in decent nick but the rubber band had gone on one of them

FB1F8810-9BD8-4E18-8337-C09C3F836BF9-2406-0000021B872C5B58_zps546d66ab.jpg

C47340EA-9AE0-4CBF-89CC-BBE9108F19B2-2406-0000021B96F8909F_zps608ba72e.jpg

The tow eye cover is in good shape aswell :D

Will be going over with a bit of filler here and there etc to get the most out of it.. also got the brackets aswell.. might primer them but should be alright otherwise :)

A133580E-B47A-4167-BB1A-90DC75D3B522-2406-0000021B7DBBABCB_zps85e7b8dd.jpg

The front spring snapped on my mums polo so I got a set off eBay and changed the lot... They might have been slightly lower than standard :rolleyes::cool:
uploadfromtaptalk1370378658563.jpg

The polo also has camber adjustment as standard so I considered this..
uploadfromtaptalk1370378700208.jpg

But thought better of it, not sure my mum really wants one half of her tire wearing out in a few months.

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
finished painting the bonnet but no pics cos it doesnt show up the right colour :/, fitted the rear brake shoes ive had in the shed for about a month lol, ordered a rear crank oil seal,
trial fitted one of me new wheels eventually
temporary_zps9dca8118.jpg

and this
temporary_zpsa2418f24.jpg

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Andy, the radius on the bottom spring cup makes the coily spring not sit stably, would need a plate put in top and bottom but in theory is doable just not worth it imho. Fronts are on, low, handles like a gokart already. Took loadsa pics to explain it all but too tired tonight...

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Andy, the radius on the bottom spring cup makes the coily spring not sit stably, would need a plate put in top and bottom but in theory is doable just not worth it imho. Fronts are on, low, handles like a gokart already. Took loadsa pics to explain it all but too tired tonight...
Yea I knew spring stability would be an issue. Was just one of those "oo I wonder ideas" I might try it for the sake of already having enough spare parts. Price wise your looking around 30-40 a spring iirc x 4 is polo coily money anyway but without the work if a spring plate was made available
Look forward to seeing what you came up with :)

Thinking of selling my bundle of joy. I do a bit of buying and selling. I've had the green machine for near on 5 years. I have he man dual controls fitted. It had a minor bump on the front wing in 2010 and was declared a cat c by insurance. I kept it and replaced the wing with a pattern part. Has passed M.O.T easily everytime. Well i have recently bought a Toyota Yaris 1.5 T Sport. Kinda liking this more than the micra so i'm in two minds. Should i sell or not???

Are those alloys...standard Nissan but sprayed greyish ????? I like them babies.
In fact the whole thing looks cracking.

Cheers :D no need for me to tell you the colour, MicrAde already has :) they're a brilliant colour but i think they're a bit to dark for the black car soo they're hopefully going white soon :D

That's so low in the front I thought some-one had pinched your wheels...had to look twice !!!
How the hell do you get over speed humps ?? and don't say carefully:)
There's a few around here that you would not get over, you'd end up like the bus in the film....the Italian job.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
That's so low in the front I thought some-one had pinched your wheels...had to look twice !!!
How the hell do you get over speed humps ?? and don't say carefully:)
There's a few around here that you would not get over, you'd end up like the bus in the film....the Italian job.
Easy, do the speedbump weave lol. Its not too bad tbf, and when the rear goes down there will be a little more clearance at the front

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Waiting on a panhard rod, should arrive today. I like the rake look though, thinking of putting 70 profiles on the back and leaving it at that height :p