what did you do to your micra today ?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
A busy day firstly spent tidying up the garage, not done any work in there or moved the Micra for a month!

Got a few jobs to do to the old girl before the next event (Targa Rally in July)

- Removed large bush from wishbones (both to be replaced, seam welded, fitted with poly bushes and off-set caster bush and poly bush drop links), fought with the smaller bush and gave up will give to local garage to get them pressed out.

- Fitted the GA15 TB i got, including modding and fitting the PTFE TB spacer, she ran but no need for a wideband to see that it was very rich (soot out the back) looked at TB and could see the air flow hot wire was red hot (went less hot when revved) if you disconnected this then it ran better but not right. Is the hot wire meant to be glowing red hot ? Is it knackered, do the GA15 TB's suffer from the same solder issues like the K11 TB's ? As someone in the past has had the side panel of the TB to do something ?

- Checked the wiring for the headlights (issue last time out) all fine.

- Removed tailgate handle and no plate lights, to start to fit small LED light, saves almost 300g

- Sorted the slightly stiff (oh er...!) gear shifter (WD-40 & spray grease, can you get short shifter kits ?

Pic - https://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/341214453343322112/photo/1

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Also sorted a few more spares for the rally spares kit, and realised (Thanks to Polly's posts) that i don't have any spares of the larger and and no standard fuses. Easiest way would be to get a engine bag fuse box and relay box from a scrapper.... Anyone got them for sale at a decent price ? For a pre face lift if this makes a difference.

Nice wash and polish with the help of MicrAde...

2013-06-03152714-2_zps6ef4b8c7.jpg

2013-06-03152714_zpse3a3896c.jpg

2013-06-03152613_zps4f362b2b.jpg

Yes i know im riding high but the m.o.t is in 10 days and then...its coming down! :D

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Cleaned up the polo coilovers. OH. MY. F*CKING. GOD. It took 4 hours, myself, an apprentice and a maintenance fitter, a pair of steelsons with a 4ft piece of pipe on the end and at least half a bottle of oxygen to loosen off one of the rear spring seats. Never doing second hand coilovers again...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
acetaline, heating the spring seat, water quenching it, heating, try and move with massive steelson and bar arrangement, fail and repeat.

Wdidt? Got a surprise delivery, a surprise cos they weren't even marked as despatched :confused: So, what did I get I hear you ask (or not)..........THESE :D
IMAG0537_zps1e38dfa4.jpg

IMAG0538_zps13dbd443.jpg

Hopefully to be fitted soon ;)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
i did a couple of things firstly broke this as i forgot to fit it back in the hlder after i had it out at work :oops:
temporary_zpsdbc051ff.jpg

and bit painting but ran out of paint :/ lol annd my phone makes it look blues its meant to be purple :/
temporary_zps6156e851.jpg

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
- Fitted the GA15 TB i got, including modding and fitting the PTFE TB spacer, she ran but no need for a wideband to see that it was very rich (soot out the back) looked at TB and could see the air flow hot wire was red hot (went less hot when revved) if you disconnected this then it ran better but not right. Is the hot wire meant to be glowing red hot ? Is it knackered, do the GA15 TB's suffer from the same solder issues like the K11 TB's ? As someone in the past has had the side panel of the TB to do something ?

Anyone got any ideas on this one ?

Ha! Na babe its not just sat with everything to be organised. You should of been painting in this weather

I had a bunch of erands to run today....mums Birthday tommorow :p
...So I'll be painting...tommorow...weather still permitting ;)

....until I panic, remember it's mums Birthday, and decide to cook dinner for her
....which would invole thinking of something to cook
....and buying ingredients to cook it LOL

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I had a bunch of erands to run today....mums Birthday tommorow :p
...So I'll be painting...tommorow...weather still permitting ;)

....until I panic, remember it's mums Birthday, and decide to cook dinner for her
....which would invole thinking of something to cook
....and buying ingredients to cook it LOL
Cook her kimchi .. Awesome stuff. What did you get coated last time? You going to be well impressed with the workshop when see it :D very mechanics cave :p how's the job hunting BTW. Bought a k10 yet?

Bumper is sat, ready for top coat...
no job yet <_<
...so no K10...yet :p

ETA: never tried cooking Korean...not sure I like the sound of fermented veg :oops:

Wdidy? Yesterday, made a side exit for fun :) it started like this :

made out of an old downpipe, i did a video but the sound is crap for some reason, mike was playing up i think... Anyway it developed a bit from that point and became more like this :

Propped up at that point as i hadnt secured it/finished the piping fully. Did a video of the noise though (excuse the commentary lol sound like an arse). Edit: This bit is a video if you click on it lol just looks like a photo for some reason, no play icon:

After that i got it tucked away a bit better and had a play with a tip for the lulz :p

Todays mission: find a silencer to replace the middle cat with and therefore gain flow and lose annoying tractorish rasp and bean can effect :p If i can get this to sound nice and flow well (currently made from the old stock pipes and some extra bits) i may do a bigger bore version and forego the peter lloyd system for a while :) this is funnier

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Just machined and worked out dimensions etc for rear polo coilover, will do a step by step with measurements on the next one probably on thursday. Fitting fronts tonight, Will have a quick play with h701k10's (Niel?) idea of coily spring on micra damper to check feasability then will fit polo front coilovers, will put up dimensions and step by step too.

That side exhaust looks like the flamethrowers they use in South Africa under their cars. If they're getting hassle at a junction or lights...believe it or not...they can torch their assailants (legal) Unbelievable or what !!!!!