what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT?
Where to start, I took my alloys to get machined out thinking it wouldnt take long but I've just left them there and I'll pick them up when they're done tommorow THEN I drove into town to get a cheeky wee greggs parked my car up for 2 minutes to get my food and come back to my car to find a chap writing one of these out..

ygagemyd.jpg

I offered him my chicken pasty and fudge donut to rip up the ticket but he wasnt having it!

THEN I took my car to kwik fit and ask a friend of mine who works there to use the old impact gun on the top nuts for the rear shocks because I couldn't get them any tighter and turns out he couldn't get it any tighter with the gun either so he tried different nuts and it still wouldnt go past a certain point of the thread so he just fired the nut that was originally on it and tightened the **** out of it with a socket wrench and molegrips holding the top of the thread so it wouldnt swivel round , but one of the other guys thought of something else so he went to take off the nut again and because it was on so tight when he went to take it off it chewed the **** out of the thread and now the nut won't seat properly
Wee picture of the ****ed one..
umajybyp.jpg

You can't see how how bad the thread is because we had to force the nut on as I had to drive home very. carefully.

The guy who chewed up the shock owns a corsa b and has spare shocks lying around so he is giving me them to replace the ones on the car and apparently the problem of it not tightening full was because it was the wrong nut on it.

But anyhoo im having a bad day by the looks of it :(

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Today started to strip the Micra, will be creating a for sale thread tomarro for parts I will be selling, Micra had an unfortunate turn of events whilst on my way back from work! Damn floods destroyed my engine! Engine got flooded, items will include janspeed manifold, matrix shocks with 2 coils cut off, front and rear bumbers super bumpers in white, super s spoiler in white, janspeed exhaust in good nick, professional decat pipe, and super s clocks.. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting this, sorry in advanced pictures and thread will be posted tomarro :)

Today started to strip the Micra, will be creating a for sale thread tomarro for parts I will be selling, Micra had an unfortunate turn of events whilst on my way back from work! Damn floods destroyed my engine! Engine got flooded, items will include janspeed manifold, matrix shocks with 2 coils cut off, front and rear bumbers super bumpers in white, super s spoiler in white, janspeed exhaust in good nick, professional decat pipe, and super s clocks.. Hope I'm not breaking any rules with posting this, sorry in advanced pictures and thread will be posted tomarro :)
May be interested the janspeed manifold and system if you cud get it sent to ireland

Do you know the diameter of the sleeved section? I found a few companies sellin different sizes of sleeved wheel nuts with the right thread size

no idea. think its something like17mm. you can ask that bloke that is now selling my old march, (likeaboss) the car has exactly the same wheels as yours.

dont forget you need the flat washers. thats what actually hold your wheels on

ahh, and not yet mate, been building the engines n stuff, and the track has been mega busy lately too :)
hi frank im not sure how to pm yet so hope u get this,
ive jst bought some sr alloys off a 1.3 sr to put on my 1.0 standard micra k11 the tyres are 175/60/13 my original steels are 155/70/13 do i need to put my 155s tyres on the alloys,not sure if the 175 will effect drive, speedo ect? will the 155s fit on these rims?
any advice apprciated.

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
ive jst bought some sr alloys off a 1.3 sr to put on my 1.0 standard micra k11 the tyres are 175/60/13 my original steels are 155/70/13 do i need to put my 155s tyres on the alloys,not sure if the 175 will effect drive, speedo ect? will the 155s fit on these rims?
any advice apprciated.
they,ll fit ok mate :) and there are online calculators that work out the difference in dia etc eh

any advice apprciated.

i really wouldnt bother mate, the speedo error would be like 1%. just pop them on

155 will be fine for a temporary, i have a 155 spare for my alloys running 185's and its fine and never had a problem when using it, just like having a space saver! :p

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Discovered a 3inch crack on the edge of the windscreen :-( Must happened been on the m4 then other day!

I guess it's off to auto glass

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Booked my baby in for her MOT
....sorted all the advisories from last year (wishbone arm, trackrod ends) except it's just dawned on me that the rear NS tyre was one too... (low tread)
....and i put that wheel on the front NS when I changed my wheels around for the fatter rears in the summer *facepalm*
now....where did i put that Trolley jack LOL

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Called up insurance. It's £75 excess for a new windscreen fitted. Seems fair, but what a terrible time for it to happen with Xmas looming round the corner!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
the reason i ask is because i cracked my old super s screen while jigging it in 99 (held the button down a bit too long :oops:) and it cracked about 100mm up from the bottom (horizontally) because there is a stiffener inside the pillar there, and if scott,s crack is there it might be down to the lowzzz

Fitted some new springs in the hope of getting a bit lower on the stock shocks... corsa struts are still topped out at the back til i get the front low to match!

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
thinking of ordering a TRS blue tow strap :D but i only go £30 left of my wages left in bank and need it tto last me till 14th december :( my next pay o_O

Just phoned up the place who have my wheels to get machined out asking if they are ready to be picked up and the guys answer was "I dont know what alloys youre talking about", it wasn't the normal guy who answers the phone and who I spoke to when I went up but that is still a bit of a joke! and also with it being Wednesday now and on Friday when I brought them in they said they would be done by Saturday the next day makes me even more pissed off about it. Would have been quicker trying to machine the centres out myself!