what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted new fuel filter, old one was on there pretty good and hoses didn't want to let go!

I did notice footprints on my bonnet and roof. Someone decided to use my car like a walkway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Over the last week I got round to some much needed maintenance...new disks and pads, radiator, thermostat, AC system needed looking at too so a new condenser and accumulator / drier core was also fitted.

While everything was out I had a good look at the cross member and noticed a little bit of rust was appearing hear and there so I buffed it back and put on some heavy duty primer...

pic1qw.jpg

pic2oz.jpg

Then a top coat of silver Smoothrite and sprayed the internals with Waxoyl...

pic3hb.jpg

pic4uh.jpg

All finished...

pic5ak.jpg

When I filled it with antifreeze I can't believe what I did I lost the yellow cap off the expansion bottle I must have left it sitting on the inner wing and drove off...:rolleyes:...does anyone have any spare they could help me out with.

frank how would you make it 10k?
the 1.0 is a very short stroke eh chris, like a superbike engine, so 10k on a 1.0 is like 7.5k on a 1.3 in terms of piston speed, and these TD05,s are all top-end, as shown on my dyno printout, a straight diagonal line powercurve :)

the 1.0 is a very short stroke eh chris, like a superbike engine, so 10k on a 1.0 is like 7.5k on a 1.3 in terms of piston speed, and these TD05,s are all top-end, as shown on my dyno printout, a straight diagonal line powercurve :)

Thats interesting... so if i de-limited my 1.0l i could run much higher revs with no problems? or would i end up with really dodgy afr's with everything else standard? (no turbo for me til i can afford then insurance hike)

Thats interesting... so if i de-limited my 1.0l i could run much higher revs with no problems? or would i end up with really dodgy afr's with everything else standard? (no turbo for me til i can afford then insurance hike)
the 1.0,s run out of puff at about 6k joe, to get them to pull at 9k+ you would need very wild cams or else forced induction :)

Thats 1 litre rod or rods and pistons in a 1.3. I am guessing rods
Would that be it

the 1.0,s run out of puff at about 6k joe, to get them to pull at 9k+ you would need very wild cams or else forced induction :)

I am intending on getting some new cams soon, just dont know what/where to get them. 1.3 cams would be an easy choice but not much gain, but to get anything maaaad enough for real gain would mean getting new ones machined (reprofile wouldnt get the extra lift really ive been told) which is uber expensive :(

Wdid? waited impatiently to hear if my micra is fixed yet! having the sills welded up properly so ive been driving the yaris again for the past few days.
Also looked at how to get lower on stock shocks... the mechanic reckons you can grind off the weld and lower the bottom spring teat then re-weld it back on, has anyone tried this?

WDID stripped and cleaned and checked all my brakes as i felt the pedal was becoming not very good bought new pads to find out the fronts were near enough new, and stripped the drums off to find i have a leaky cyllinder :( so i need to order a cylinder tomorrow and at some point shoes, and also found out i need a track rod end too

Leaky rear cylinders are bread and butter on k11s, least they were on mine :) (bit like rear bearings on k12s).

may be doing a 10k rpm CG10+T 1/4 miler paul, which wont be seeing many roundabouts :)

There goes my hope of having the title of the quickest cg10+t.
I better step up my game eh;)

Is the welded diff to stop the n/s wheel spinning with low diameter tyres? I can't see any other reason for it?

What did I do... convinced Frank to fix in some buckets for me and harnesses... cause he is awesome and deserves my cash more than the idiot garage people.

Back