what did you do to your micra today ?

These people have no clue! I take it they lowered a micra 50mm and done tests to be able to come up with the conclusion its dangerous?

nope they said "most people who lowered 50mm did it to make the car handle better at speed, people who speed crash..." "if you lower it you might use it for racing"

like dude... its a micra... it doesnt speed. i just dont wanna have to put extra wheels on the doorhandles for stability!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
WDIDT?
fitted a stock comp engine ;)

PA140186.JPG

Wdid? Made it lowerrrr, ish. Took a coil off the front springs, could maybe have done another half coil but figured see what this is like first. driverside has settled nicely and looks mint :) passenger side has had no weight (my fat arse :p ) on it like the driverside so ive parked the left on the downhill part of the drive to get some more pressure on it to settle overnight. If its not evened out nicely by tomorrow or tuesday i'll have the front off again and take another chunk off each side or maybe swap the left/right springs over as the right has most of the weight when its just me in the car all the time.

Shocks out
IMAG0175.jpg
IMAG0177.jpg

Free shock makes it easier to check the spring will still seat once cut
IMAG0176.jpg

everything back on after cutting
IMAG0178.jpg

left
IMAG0180.jpg

right
IMAG0179.jpg

has settled more not after a drive but its not perfect and too dark for photos anyway

Well today I managed to fit matiz setup to the front, now when I drive I can feel left side wobbling, its not the tire pressure or the wheel studs, moved forward creeping while popping my head out the driver side to see if the driver side is ok which is normal compared to the left, whilst installing the matiz struts I realised the left side drive shaft came out the wheel hub, like flopped out :s tried putting it back in but there was a small wosher kind of thing on the driveshaft was out of place small metal ring, to make sure what did people use for the assembly of the strut when using this setup? Ie top mounts rubber things and the cup? Thanks in advance

Well today I managed to fit matiz setup to the front, now when I drive I can feel left side wobbling, its not the tire pressure or the wheel studs, moved forward creeping while popping my head out the driver side to see if the driver side is ok which is normal compared to the left, whilst installing the matiz struts I realised the left side drive shaft came out the wheel hub, like flopped out :s tried putting it back in but there was a small wosher kind of thing on the driveshaft was out of place small metal ring, to make sure what did people use for the assembly of the strut when using this setup? Ie top mounts rubber things and the cup? Thanks in advance
i used the micra top mount and matiz cup on mine pal :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Saved 800 quid with a multicar discount :) 150 off mine, the rest saved on my parents if/when they join the policy :D
It's surprising the insurance selections that save you money.

Adding my parents as named drivers took off almost a grand :rolleyes: Now have £548 quotes fully comp

Mine didnt cut off quite as much, few hundered though, and an extra 150 off if they add their cars on multicar which i think they will since the deal has halved their renewals.
who you with btw? assuming your serious slammage is declared??? im limited to -5cm from standard...

solarice

Ex. Club Member

euro_micra

Matt :)
Got some part worns fitted.

8093476800_228304cbac_z.jpg

Tyre fitters were impressed by Frank's steels, saying they look good and are well made too etc.:)
185/60/13 tyres should be a little more grippier now, excellent:D

SirChris

Educated Bodger
These are his 13x6.5 ones, I've ran them for 6000miles+ now I think. They were a fair bit cheaper than banded;) and better looking too imo, you don't get that step with most banded wheels, his workmanship shouldn't be anything to be worried about either.
If you get a set out of him I will be jealous. I tryed bugging him to make me a set.

Took the car our for a spin to get the suspension settled in, its finally leveling out after aiming all the speedbumps at the left side to squish is lol :p also realised just how awesome the micra is compared to the toyota yaris ive been in the past few days, everything is so much lighter, steering, clutch, the whole car is just lighter and easier to drive :) not that im surprised... but it does highlight the massive fail of the "power steering" in the yaris when the unaided, wide tyred micra is easier to turn :p haha

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Fitted white LEDs behind the dials. Blue were nice but made important speeds hard to see.
Also fitted blue LEDs to the indicators on the dials so they have nice blue arrows :D

And I noticed the I do have a space for a fuel light but the bulb and bulb carrier is missing!
Can you link me the bulbs mate?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Added some neg camber, just a little, looks much much nicer. Cheers Frank for tips yesterday.

VK5l0.jpg

But I got carried away filing!
JPR2j.jpg

Only joking, did the bolt trick behind the hub.

Got my Micra back today :) cross member and engine mount are replaced :) so happy cos it's quiet engine (no more engine shaking or vibrate) Mot is coming soon so need to sort out soon :eek:

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Right everyone.... figure this out... The crank case breather is now happy with no smoke'ish fume filled badness. The oil is now non existent out the arse, although it was only speckling before! Any ideas?