what did you do to your micra today ?

Blumin eck frank, your going to get wallaps of boost (Although is always nice showing my friends your videos :p)

Thinking now though, the high comp SC'd engine would probably be a very very capable daily, i look forward to seing what madness you have for us :p

Fitted new rear brake shoes and cylinders for the MOT man.
What a fiddly mother of a job that was.

On a good note...... It did give me a chance to fit my wheels spacers. Looks the nuts now :)

Got my 3 new tyres fitted for 6 quid each :D

Then got home and realised one was going flat... wouldnt mind for such cheap tyres but the place is shut now so the micra is a 3 wheeler till monday!

Yeah ive got the standard spare, no point faffing with it till im going somewhere though, the leak is fairly slow so im gonna pump the tyre back up monday or tomorrow and head back down as the place is only down the road really. The guy said before he fitted it that it might go down but might not so i was taking a chance anyway, and of course he also found it hilarious that i drove a micra and "had all that work done on it" as apparently "pimping" a micra isn't what you do...

sadtimes.jpg

New tyre required...

yeah i havent ruled that out... tyre iron munched the rim on one of the others which im not best pleased with, think this will need replacing though.

Some low life C###! smashed Rihanna's nearside window in and nicked my ashtray with about £10 in change in. I am waiting for the windscreen glass man to turn up and put a new bit of glass in, £89. B#######!

looks good frank
cheers andy :)
we fitted a blanking disc today, so i can test the mani assy out for any flow/power loss compared to the stock modded one.
the T15 ones are funnelled down to the size of my little finger, to achieve the fast flowing jet of gasses for quick spoolage, (this one constricts down to about 30mm dia)

P5210061.JPG

Managed to bodge my front light back into alignment with a rubber glove and cable tie. Ready for MOT retest!!!
I take it you had trouble putting those little plugs back into the holes then? I have also got the cable tie method in place!

Went to a local scrappy (Hills in Skelmersdale) for a pair of calipers and decided not to after seeing the prices o_O*. Ended up forking out 30 squid for a single-DIN radio console surround. Anyone wanna buy a Pioneer double DIN DVD playing stereo for a BARGAIN price?

*To be fair, they're extremely professional, every car sits on an individual stand and you aren't allowed near them...

I looked at mine and thought U need polished then I went an bought a BBQ an had a bbq an some lovely chilled beers. Still am intact. So tomorrow i will live her

WDID? I finally fixed it! :D Haven't really needed a car the past 3 months, and the weather has been less than nice, so I really haven't been bothered to do much on it. Yesterday I dropped the tank, gave it a good cleaning, and replaced the pump. Today I repaired the hole(s) in the filler pipe and reinstalled the tank. Need to sort out my insurance before I take it for a drive again, and go for MOT before the end of the month.

Picked my single DIN (cabrio) radio surround up from the scrappies and fitted the factory headunit temporarily.

cabrio_surround.png

ta mate :)
its an 11.5:1 c/r engine so we,re only running about 4 psi atm, its got a CG t/b running blow-through this time eh :)
its a very different animal to the diesel-esque T15

ahr i see high comp low boost for now hey! no problems with the MAF at all being under boost? hope not anyway **touch wood**

i,ll refit the low comp corsa piston engine soon i guess, but i,ll see how much stick this one will take in the meantime :)
and i only tried the suck-through t/b setup previously really, this way does,nt have the compressor surge/sneeze problem where the maf mistakenly thinks i opened the throttle and goes mad rich on lift, and its running off the scale rich @ wot so far..........i,ll let you know after more testing eh :)

Today i sorted my exhaust out finally :D its all tucked up and fine now, bad thing is ive found that one of the repair jobs on my sill was done with fibre glass revealing a massive hole -_- ace! lol

Today i sorted my exhaust out finally :D its all tucked up and fine now, bad thing is ive found that one of the repair jobs on my sill was done with fibre glass revealing a massive hole -_- ace! lol

Fibre glass should have nothing to do with repairs on metal imo... but on the subject of sills and exhausts, I have mot soon and need to get some rust taken care of.. as well as a list of other things :/ Any tips on replacing the silencer?

Today, did some crazy overtakes as revenge on the fool driving a peugeot in front of me... Wanna be in front? Drive like u mean it! Also slightly scared the gf to death at the same time... :D

Today, did some crazy overtakes as revenge on the fool driving a peugeot in front of me... Wanna be in front? Drive like u mean it! Also slightly scared the gf to death at the same time... :D

I can see this post getting deleted by the mods soon.

Crazy overtaking? Are you ****ing mad? Lol

I can see this post getting deleted by the mods soon.

Crazy overtaking? Are you ####ing mad? Lol

Haha not too crazy, he cut me up coming off a 2 lane on the chevrons so i went back past and let him sit there. Look on his face was good though... Didnt expect a 1l micra to come back at him! On another note i also discovered a slow leak in another tyre... kinda tired of tyres giving me trouble, think when i get some cash in i might invest in some decent brand new tyres then treat them right and get a good few thousand miles out of them.

Fibre glass should have nothing to do with repairs on metal imo... but on the subject of sills and exhausts, I have mot soon and need to get some rust taken care of.. as well as a list of other things :/ Any tips on replacing the silencer?

Thats what i would of thought typically but some cowboy seemed it was best to fibre glass it at the time lol, what about the silencer mate?

WDID? went to move the car and found that someone has stolen my gas can today.. sucks that i've had it only a week, but serves them right if they use what was in it.. 4-5 litres of this:
nastiness.jpg

I think it was the neighbour's kid.. I'll know if I see him out tearing apart his motorcycle engine again.

Weighed all the stuff I took out when i started working on the tank.. back seat, spare tyre, jack, and tools.. about 35kg. Only 10L of fuel in the tank saves another 30kg... no wonder it was so nice on my test drive :D

Thats what i would of thought typically but some cowboy seemed it was best to fibre glass it at the time lol, what about the silencer mate?
Need to replace mine... always had problems with exhaust bolts in general.. any tips for not breaking them? :)

when possible I'd first try cut off the exposed stud thread so the rust can't jam the nut.
if the exhaust nuts are proper rust seized on, I would carefully grind the side of the nut down to the thread and chisel it off.
I always wirebrush, retap clean and regrease the stud thread and use relatively clean new nuts.

when possible I'd first try cut off the exposed stud thread so the rust can't jam the nut.
if the exhaust nuts are proper rust seized on, I would carefully grind the side of the nut down to the thread and chisel it off.
I always wirebrush, retap clean and regrease the stud thread and use relatively clean new nuts.
I've got a nut splitter if it comes to that, but no grinder and no taps... arghhh.. i miss having my shed in the states :( lots of good toys in there..
If I pass the mot sound level test, I can just wait a month or two and get a proper new exhaust system :)

..WDID(continued) Spent some quality time with my son while putting the rear seats back in :)

Went to a local scrappy (Hills in Skelmersdale) for a pair of calipers and decided not to after seeing the prices o_O*. Ended up forking out 30 squid for a single-DIN radio console surround. Anyone wanna buy a Pioneer double DIN DVD playing stereo for a BARGAIN price?

*To be fair, they're extremely professional, every car sits on an individual stand and you aren't allowed near them...

my place is the same, no public allowed into the yard. Hills is huge, over 30,000 parts listed on ebay they have. what calipers you after? i have about 6 k12s in work

WDID

finished fitting and wiring my components. fitted the early k11 tailgate handle i had off Skinner. fitted another k11c rear wiper motor and plastic arm.

260520121950.jpg

260520121951.jpg

Cheers Hoopdub, I'm after front calipers, lower mileage as possible :). Mine keep seizing despite being cleaned out and relubed with red rubber brake grease. They put most of the pressure on the inside of the disc, as if the slide mechanism isn't working. If price is reasonable, I can paypal the dosh whenever's convenient to you if you have any :).

What speakers are they? Look very smart!

Back