what did you do to your micra today ?

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Pulled the exhaust heatshield off, bodged the gearstick return spring ( got a new one, but not doing it all on the floor with no jack again, and yes i can wriggle under a micra thats not been lowered)
Got the rocker cover gasket and chain inspection plate gasket to do, what instant gasket do you guys use?

Didn't even realise that the gearstick return spring needed doing :eek: :rolleyes:. Glad you got the heatshield off!

Never had too much of an issue with the rocker cover gasket, its very minor but see how it goes.

plugs still looked new so got some service bits for the shed. :)
servicestuff.jpg

Well funny you ask, that £20 covers absolutely everything. Jokingly asked if it covered "if I completely stripped the interior and put a seat in the middle", the guy said yes lol

Edit: rollcages aren't covered though

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Well funny you ask, that £20 covers absolutely everything. Jokingly asked if it covered "if I completely stripped the interior and put a seat in the middle", the guy said yes lol

Edit: rollcages aren't covered though

Nope, rollcages increase your insurance because 'apparently' it makes for a more reckless driver :rolleyes:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Shame they don't understand the actual point of a cage but hey ho won't be getting one just yet

I doubt my car will be on the road next year. £500+ for a years insurance that covers a mere 1500miles of use isn't really justifiable. Given that we will more than likely comfortably exceed the power estimate communicated to the insurer it will only get worse.

WDID today, blew a load of ££ on braided brake line and fittings....

Makes mine seem worth it then, but mine isn't going to be prepared to the same extent as your's seeing as it's a "family" wagon for the time being

I doubt my car will be on the road next year. £500+ for a years insurance that covers a mere 1500miles of use isn't really justifiable. Given that we will more than likely comfortably exceed the power estimate communicated to the insurer it will only get worse.

really looking forward to seeing this cars once its done!

Try AdrainFlux Low got mine for £350 but resticted to 2K a year

lee k0011

I hate rust :(
Try AdrainFlux Low got mine for £350 but resticted to 2K a year
I have been with flux for 10 years i only pay £190 a year fully comp for mine.
They dont mind mods ether when i turned my old 205 rallye in to a track car they only charged me a extra £80 a year and that had loads of mods done to it...

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Picked it up from the local garage where it's been for 2 days while they investigated the clonking suspension. Apart from a slightly loose strut top nut (I torqued them to ESM spec), they couldn't find anything wrong and didn't charge me anything.

Not sure whether to be pleased or not...:D.

Ran a disappointing 14.1 , 106 mph at Santa Pod. After investigating found 2 spark plugs has fried due to incorrect type supplied by local parts shop.

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
investigated the temp switch on the heater controls, is well stiff, looks like its the flap on the heater box, dash out nightmare !!

Eagerly awaited my Frankspeed mani to turn up, so i undid all the bolts yesterday, separated the cat, rode to work this morning and got a phone call from my wife to say she missed the postman as she was cooking, so i now have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up and then wait till the weekend to fit it, doh!

baguete

Site Supporter
Today i sprayed some laquer on the valve cover and installed some stainless bolts/washers on the valve cover, tomorrow i will get some pics. Everything ready to install the engine on the car and finish the turbo project. :D

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
WDIDT ?
yet another engine change lol, timed it this time :) (2.5hrs dead)
i,m testing my spare rebuilt engines 1 at a time (oil return pipes galore), and high comp/low boost really is my prefered setup :cool:

P4300002.JPG