what did you do to your micra today ?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Received my KYB front shocks through the post. Fitting them Saturday then Santa Pod on Sunday :).

Drove mine down the A1079 from york to hull, through the countryside with the windows down and the tunes on :D even a li'l 1L is a great summertime cruiser. Off towards newcastle later to get some more bits...

Clean :D

Attachments

• image-3552993726.jpg
    image-3552993726.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 231
  • image-802071904.jpg
    image-802071904.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 240
Been doing some painting lately.. Slowly going over to a black interior then decided to try some on the wheel trims. They are old and abused anyway, so it's no loss if they don't turn out so great.. just more practice for me

Wheels.jpg

Also, disassembled my distributor and found lots of rust.. What is the purpose of a seal of there is a 4-5mm breather hole where water and salt can get in??

Did another few hundred miles up to see Mr Autotest and back, got some springs, corsa shocks and a strut brace... Gonna fit the springs tomorrow morning, hope they are the right ones and im not foiled by rusted bolts!

:) fitted the new springs, shocks may follow in a week or two if i feel i need them and strut brace will go on when the bolts turn up, clever me left them behind!
Also totted up my miles and worked out that in the last 7 days ive done 800 miles in the little monster :) loved every one of them, especially the awesome fog on the way home yesterday, zero visibility on windy roads is such a rush :D

Pictures will follow when i take some and work out how im gonna upload them...

Images are now uploading... and i'm waiting for them to finish before i go our and see how it's settled down. It seemed to me that the front end dropped less than the back so my car now looks a bit diagonal but my mate who helped me fit the springs said fronts take longer to settle anyway??

Some before pics, when it was still snowy
IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

And some just after, no time to settle with these but there is a slight drop there :)
IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

Also im happy to say it's much cleaner too!

Some more with the car settled a bit after going for a drive :)
IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

Front wheel
IMAG0056.jpg

Back wheel
IMAG0055.jpg

Back wheel from earlier, settling is definitely noticeable
IMAG0052.jpg

Odd thing is the back still seems lower than the front, but it was meant to be the other way around!

Just returned home after a 600 mile roadtrip in a day, my Micras first real shakedown cruise, went to:

Scunthorpe, Blackpool, Castleford, Doncaster, Retford, Bradford and all of the villages (Beautiful) then back to Blackpool then back to Scunthorpe mixed routes via preston etc because the m62 was completely closed down for work, Amazing night, saw some epic places and my car had its first real run in (10 hour drive with some opening up on the bends)!

Did notice when opening the O'l CG10 up though, some massive grinding/vibrating metal etc i don't know what it was but when i used to open my marea up at the end of the revs you could hear a certain note to the engine like you could hear all the metals moving, really strange i know, i had this with my micra last night but only at like 35-45 in second so i'm wondering if the exhaust heat shield could be doing that or i'm going to be facing problems with my CG? The oil is golden, the engines immaculate but could grinding occur if the oil was too thin? (I'm worrying about my 19 year old minter already, is that right?)

Cheeeeeers!
- Migs

Just returned home after a 600 mile roadtrip in a day, my Micras first real shakedown cruise, went to:

Scunthorpe, Blackpool, Castleford, Doncaster, Retford, Bradford and all of the villages (Beautiful) then back to Blackpool then back to Scunthorpe mixed routes via preston etc because the m62 was completely closed down for work, Amazing night, saw some epic places and my car had its first real run in (10 hour drive with some opening up on the bends)!

Did notice when opening the O'l CG10 up though, some massive grinding/vibrating metal etc i don't know what it was but when i used to open my marea up at the end of the revs you could hear a certain note to the engine like you could hear all the metals moving, really strange i know, i had this with my micra last night but only at like 35-45 in second so i'm wondering if the exhaust heat shield could be doing that or i'm going to be facing problems with my CG? The oil is golden, the engines immaculate but could grinding occur if the oil was too thin? (I'm worrying about my 19 year old minter already, is that right?)

Cheeeeeers!
- Migs
Mine makes a similar noise sometimes though it's more of a rattle, seems to be at certain revs with me more than speed but ive never found anything loose either :s good idea on the exhaust shield though, might be one to check out... Wish this was posted earlier when i was working on the car anyway!
On the upside my car has made this noise ever since ive had it and 13,000 miles and a year and a half later still nothing more to it than noise, even sailed through an MOT still doing it so that makes me think at least its not something vital or the MOT would have got it

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Put petrol in...uurgh.

Gonna have to do a super boring test drive (im sceptical i can achieve this :D ) to work out fuel economy...just so i know how good or bad it is lol.

Throttle body adapter is finished and small oil catch tank is finished, just need to get it all welded up and buy some bolts and its good to go.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Put petrol in...uurgh.

Gonna have to do a super boring test drive (im sceptical i can achieve this :D ) to work out fuel economy...just so i know how good or bad it is lol.

Throttle body adapter is finished and small oil catch tank is finished, just need to get it all welded up and buy some bolts and its good to go.

I dread to think what my fuel economy will be. Perhaps not quite as bad as I think, as it will actually have closed loop control this time around but I expect it to be pretty cruddy overall, especially if I boot it :rolleyes:

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I've got a set with michelins on them. If your interested pm me haha.

Cleaned the new car, better than expected.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
AAARGH, just killed the windscreen trying to get the wiper arms off (it was knackered anyway, so grit blasted you could barely see through it) but still :mad:. Wiper arms are still stuck and they'll have to come off ANYWAY to get the screen replaced. Have ordered a heavy duty puller off Amazon. This bloody car's a money pit :mad:. Looks like I'm stuck with my dads 1.6 auto 'rolla for a few days...

(Feel better after a rant :D).

TheSam

Buy & Sell Member
FINALLY sorted the clunk from the front end, after stripping and rebuilding the suspension, wishbones, arb, droplinks, cv, hubs, brakes... I changed the pin in the door and its silent.... typical

Sod's law huh.
Ive just discovered that for some reason the back right of my car is a few mm lower than all the other corners and i am officially confused... springs are all the same length, no Left/right code on them but the back right is definitely more compressed than the left and sits lower than the rest of the car :s any ideas???

try swapping the rear spring round joe, might just be that one is a bit more 'tired' than the other.

Well im hoping thats not the case, i just fitted brand new tein springs! It is something i will try though, might be that one is just slightly softer than the other for some reason?

Pulled back seat yesterday and found a bit of water. Tightened up the back left window since it seemed a bit loose. I guess this is where all the water has been getting in. Will find out next time it rains hard.

k11_whore

Steve :)
Well what a sad day for me :( went out to do brake fluid change and pads, opened up the Haynes section 8 & 9 were missing, trip to halfrauds and gt a replacement one and some autoglym goodies :) back home got started on changing and had one sucker of a bolt on the caliper, lubed up popped open the snap on tools and gt going with the bolts, one stubborn bolt and the snap on connector bust in the socket very unhappy :( used cheap socket and came loose easy :/ But fluid and pads changed now :) Just annoyed it bust snap on are meant to be strong :(

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
fitted a heatshield on the mani and filter, gotta keep that heatsoak on the chargepipe to a minimum for shakies on sunday eh :)

P3250041.JPG

euro_micra

Matt :)
Looks good frank. What did you make it out of? Do you think it's worth making one for the charge pipe above the cam cover?

Today, I just replaced some blown bulbs, and admired my wheels:)

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Looks good frank. What did you make it out of? Do you think it's worth making one for the charge pipe above the cam cover?

Today, I just replaced some blown bulbs, and admired my wheels:)
made from a washing machine drum stainless steel matt lol :), and its a plastic cam cover eh
also WDID ? fitted some more corsa pistons for a boostin engine (either 1330cc 9:1 with a CG13 crank, or a 1367cc 10:1 with a CGA crank)

P3250043.JPG

Spayed rear drums in satin black hammerite to keep a nice factory look, painted front calipers hammerite silver and sprayed the front tow hook. Pics dont do it much justice, but it has really tydied the look up.

img03651.jpg

002ano.jpg

006lev.jpg

Fitted newly painted wheel trims.. They look good, but the one I painted quickly(on a cold and rainy day, after only washing it then spraying it) looks 10 times better than the other 3 that I washed, cleaned with thinner, dried, primed, then painted in very nice weather. ??? They are only temporary anyway.

Rechecked the voltage on my airflow meter and monitored it from startup til the engine was warm. Started out around 1.49v and dropped off to 1.13 when warm.. Still waiting for money transferr to paypal to buy a new TB :(

Going to install some stainless allen bolts for the cam cover :)