what did you do to your micra today ?

forgot the pic lol :wasntme:

Attachments

• SDC11788.JPG
    SDC11788.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 610
thank you frank. i got one more question. I wanna get the narrow band sensor gauge. do you think its good enough? what have you got? and also my lambda has only one wire. im really confused by this asi wouldnt be able to wire the gauge as they need the 3 wire one.

could anyone explain why my car has silly lambda with one wire then another lambda after the first cat which isnt conected :(
would i be able to use the narrow band? thx

thank you frank. i got one more question. I wanna get the narrow band sensor gauge. do you think its good enough? what have you got? and also my lambda has only one wire. im really confused by this asi wouldnt be able to wire the gauge as they need the 3 wire one.

could anyone explain why my car has silly lambda with one wire then another lambda after the first cat which isnt conected :(
would i be able to use the narrow band? thx

the other 2 wires are just to heat the sensor up i think george (for a faster operation)
and the narrowband only detect the a/f/r range of about 14.5:1 to 15:1 i believe, so you will drop out of range a lot :eek: and you have to rely on fuel pressure adjustments and the needle reaction speed

i hav,nt used the c/t/s hack since that dyno run tbh ed, i have only used the rising rate fuel reg hack so far :)

So you're only relying on the fuel reg and the disconnected speed sensor to let you run more fuel? Is the ecu not trying to fiddle all the time? (im confused haha)

I know i've had hassle trying to stop the ecu learning from the lambda feed. (why i thought you were still running the cold start mod to get around it expecting normal lambda readings - sorry guys if i've sent you on a wild goose chase :D).

removed the pistons from my old cg10! really good nic from sitting outside for just under a year

i got me some corsa pistons will :p same 18mm interferance fit wristpin, 1/2 a mm bigger bore than CGA, and a lot less dish.
overbored 1.4 N/A screamer in development methinks :cool:

Attachments

• SDC13367.JPG
    SDC13367.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 549
That's quite a find Frank - I like that a lot. Would over bore pistons for the corsa give any extra apprieciable capacity? I seem to remember reading on here that the liners are very thin and wont have the meat to take too much of an increase in bore diameter - so would there be a way to produce a stroker for a bit more capacity?
Now I cant remember the engine, but I have a vague recollection from reading in an old mag about some chaps stroking an engine. They offset ground an OEM crank undersize to give a longer throw. The size they ground the journals to was dictated by the increase in stroke they wanted, but also the size of the big end that they found on another engines rods - which was slightly smaller than the pre - machined size of the crank. Obviously the found rods must have had a very slightly shorter length than the original engines, or prehaps custom pistons were used to keep the TDC height correct for the block they were using.

How do the corsa rods compare, comparable length and slightly smaller big ends would be a bit good. With prehaps the possibility of machining the crown of the pistons if the hole lot was too long for the cg block?

I wish I had the time and a place at home to play with bits of engine.

the corsa rods have a bigger bigend mark, so not compatable eh, look at the mickeymouse bigend bolts they use lol :eek:

the compression height of these corsa pistons is a very low 24mm, which means decking the block eh, or else like you say stroke the crank about 6mm eh (Y).
and 1/2 a mm overbore will only raise the cc by about 20 i guess, i may shave the 1/2 a mm off the piston instead (lapping by hand) and then regap the rings that are on the pistons

Attachments

• SDC13374.JPG
    SDC13374.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 582
Selected some parts to be installed on my grey 1.0: 1.3 engine with 260º/10mm inlet cam, N15 1.4 clutch, PAS kit (with new steering arms, gaiters and tie rod ends), stock master cylinder (i will use the Primera master cylinder on the SR with a ABS brake booster because its bigger), new belts and repaired wishbones...

Looked into playing with the exhaust... If i was gonna run it with only one cat do i remove the primary cat from the manifold? Or go for switching out the second cat under the car? Anyone know which gets best results/will still pass emissions tests?

Don't mind Ed, he trod on his rose tinted spectacles this morning....

rose tinted glasses my arse :p roll on the CG N/A santa pod showdown :grinning: (IF certain parties actually turn up this time ?)

WDIDT ? removed a couple of links from the lower chain to accomodate the block decking and 2mm headskim.
and dropped the block off for the 100 thou" decking and +10 thou" rebore (he quoted a surprisingly low £50 :eek:)

Attachments

• SDC13376.JPG
    SDC13376.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 508
Broke my car.
took the gearbox out
trying to find a replacement :(
contemplated whether to scrap it / spares or repair

then decided i still loved her!:glare:

Drove round whole of northern Ireland sourcing a cv joint Instore and not waiting a week fr delivery, then I gt back to Belfast and thought there's a autospares factor round the corner ooo they had one in!! Wish I tried there first but shop looks like sells rice parts so didn't think to go in :p she's now going to the garage tomorow to get fixed, is £50 all in fitted a reasonable price? They'll be replacing left wishbone and cv joint but iv supplied the parts,

Oh and bought a interior shampoo il end up doing soon and some wind deflectors fitted :)

Got me brakes:

431578_2989990864228_1095807284_33033054_742841242_n.jpg

Front and rear discs and pads and a rear caliper rebuild kit. I also have sunny calipers, a rebuild kit for them, braided hoses and Motul RBF600 brake fluid wich aree not in the pic :)

I unplugged the Lambda, gave it a go and still no difference :( I would assume that the revs would change and then adjust itself or something like that, but nothing is happening at all.

also do you know where to get "cheap" wideband? cheapest I found is 130 for sensor and gauge. thx

Mine only ran really lumpy when it was very rich (idle was a little uneven, but nothing massive), maybe crank the adjustment for idle all the way rich and see what happens...plug colour / condition before and after might help see whats going on...didnt take too long for the plugs in mine to soot up on overfuel.

Iirc the idle on mine, controlled through the emanage is pulling about -14 % to reign in the AFR with the bigger injectors. (not very helpful but just a rough reference :D)

If you've unplugged the lambda and then started straight away it maybe the ecu is still using old data. (i usually disconnect battery for a while just to be sure).

I unplugged the Lambda, gave it a go and still no difference :( I would assume that the revs would change and then adjust itself or something like that, but nothing is happening at all.

the lambda is only there for the closed looping george, you need to check the a/f/r,s @ wot :)

WDIDT ?
lapped/honed the CGA crank journals with fine grinding paste and then G3, its had a hard life tbh, ragged and a lack of (cheapo) oilchanges :wasntme:
a very satisfying job for a petrolhead like me :grinning:

Attachments

• SDC13381.JPG
    SDC13381.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 446
Much like Field of Dreams, 'set a time and we will come' :)

cue drumroll :grinning:
WDIDT ? got some more corsa pistons lol, true flat-tops this time (13.5:1 c/r ftmofow), and going by the fact he had 6 of them, probably from the 1.0L 3 pot engine i guess (more sponsorship by TAMWORTH ENGINES, a highly recommended establishment :grinning:)

Attachments

• SDC13384.JPG
    SDC13384.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 393
WDIDT ?
honed 10" thou off my corsa pistons (more crazy ghetto experimentation eh :grinning: )

Attachments

• SDC13391.JPG
    SDC13391.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 346
Perhaps, I just looked at mine and yours look smaller, with less holes in them, similar all the same though!

Are xenons easy to fit? Just bulb change or what? Theyre on my to-do list lol

Also with the digital counter how would you set your total mileage in? Once again something i wanna fit to mine sometime... (would love to see the revs im pulling when i shift to third at nearly 60!) :D

Just xenon bulbs straight swap, nice white light instead of blue I had in, h4 straight swap, I don't know how much is on them il find out when plug it in, must be a way of swapping the mileage I hope, took me 5 auctions to win one lol kept getting outbid in last 5 secs :/

Back