finish'd drill wire brushin and paint axle

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
done some more lowwwz :wasntme: down to 7 coils now lol (original matiz one had 10, upper stock k11 rear has 8, and lower stock k11 front has 9 eh)

Attachments

• SDC12698.JPG
    SDC12698.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 474
OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
finished fitting my side impact protection bar :)
i jigged many a k11 during the 90,s, and they were surprisingly strong, but was alarmed at the lack of strength around the 3 door B pillar area :eek: (namely, there is NO actual pillar ! just the pi** thin1/4 panel skin/doorshut, and a pi** thin skin on the inside

Attachments

• SDC12700.JPG
    SDC12700.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 447
my mates mum had 3 k10a that all got rear ended at within about 12 months (she now drives vags), afeter seeing the states of the cars its seriously made me consider a roll cage

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Found a 1.3SR with ABS (discs all around), give the old lady my details and she seems pretty keen to sell it to me in the near future = good times :p

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Buy & Sell Member

Car
K11 97' SR with ABS
Blog Entries
Seller Rating
2 (100%)
Thanks

Send a message via MSN to Scouse boy

Found a 1.3SR with ABS (discs all around), give the old lady my details and she seems pretty keen to sell it to me in the near future = good times :p

--

you've already type'd it down as yours :grinning:

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i strongly suspect my sr was stripped of all power steer abs and even rear disc removed for drum axle.
i suspect this due to seeing scrapyard paint on the non power steer stuff ive now replaced with power steer

won show and shine :wasntme::laugh::blush: and drove home lol....

used less petol this time than when i went to RRG and i done more miles this time and good few coldstarts more too!

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
won show and shine :wasntme::laugh::blush: and drove home lol....

used less petol this time than when i went to RRG and i done more miles this time and good few coldstarts more too!

nice one willzzzz (Y)
WDID ? cut a notch further down the clutch arm for better launch control at the pod :cool:

Attachments

• SDC12720.JPG
    SDC12720.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 482
OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
What's this done mate? Made the stroke shorter? Or clutch softer?

i find the 1.0 clutch a bit light under foot and vague martin, this shortens the throw of the pedal a bit, so that i dont have to move my foot as far from initial bite - to full engagement :)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
frank boy :grinning: slightly more force/wear on the cable ?

What colour is your SR dude??

that turqwaa green then blue in some lighting conditions
defo has history hear or their as it was fitted with a 1.0 facelift gear box,and power steer swaped out for non power steer

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
[ QUOTE=frank;485824][/QUOTE] :grinning:

disc axle control arms off
top arms bolts came out easy,not bottom though as the pic shows

DSC02561.jpg

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
removed some dead weight that never worked in the first place...
guess what it is! if you guess right ill sell these 100% original parts to you for 1€
headlight wash/wipe system :grinning: WDID ? bought some corsa coilies from my local friendly scrapyard :cool:

wasted nearly £10 driving around sunderland for a hr n a bit looking for a shop and than relising it doesnt sell parts i want.

faggots.

next is to sort my exhaust. :(

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
Get them on! (Y)
slammage my butt fwn its a 4x4 now with these corsa coilies on (when you use the whole corsa topmount, and slot the 2 boltholes) :eek:
look at the arch gap ! the legs are longer than my matiz ones lol (and with the stiffer coilie spring, it sits 2" higher now)

Attachments

• SDC12759.JPG
    SDC12759.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 365

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
nah, i took it off the one that is fitted to the car z :) (and then wound the collars up to about 2mm of preload)

you recon they differ from the one's we've bought on the net?
my springs 68 mm's from the botom measuring point we used(bottom mount top edge)

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
you recon they differ from the one's we've bought on the net?
my springs 68 mm's from the botom measuring point we used(bottom mount top edge)

its because i used the whole corsa topmount mate :) you end up with a lot more height, and its the same kit as yours (200-50 on the mainspring, and 100-20 on the helper)
i think i prefer the factory corsa mount, proper ballbearing thrust bearing (Y)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
its because i used the whole corsa topmount mate :) you end up with a lot more height, and its the same kit as yours (200-50 on the mainspring, and 100-20 on the helper)
i think i prefer the factory corsa mount, proper ballbearing thrust bearing (Y)

ah right trying to trick us eh :grinning:
my nissan bearings still good, but always room for improvement

i run about 50mm slack in my springs. no helper springs. i have about 10mm of bump before it hits the stopper. its awesome!!

frank id put the matiz back on lol i find my ebay coilovers to be a bit bouncy, almost to the point its dangerous. i managed to get bilstein mx5 rear shocks which are amazing but the front end scares me.

i need to some gaz or spax front coilies :glare:

OP
OP
frank

frank

Club Member
frank id put the matiz back on lol

i probably will end up with them kev :grinning: i want to test out the vauxhall topounts and coilies first really, but the coilie damper is very firm on the downstroke (50/50 damper ratio) whereas the matiz damping is near zero downwards, and all the damping is on the upstroke
you can see where i slotted the 2 boltholes here eh

Attachments

• SDC12761.JPG
    SDC12761.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 328

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i run about 50mm slack in my springs. no helper springs. i have about 10mm of bump before it hits the stopper. its awesome!!

frank id put the matiz back on lol i find my ebay coilovers to be a bit bouncy, almost to the point its dangerous. i managed to get bilstein mx5 rear shocks which are amazing but the front end scares me.

i need to some gaz or spax front coilies :glare:

its probly the helpers stop the low speed bounce with dampers helping em

frank, looks like doing away with helpers might let the body move up the leg ?