what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted coilovers on the back of me K12!

Got to do front tomorrow. Ran out of time, had to go to work :(

So the back is nice and low. it has touched down 3 times within 4 hours. :S

silento

Ex. Club Member
I'm ok but the car isn't really driveable right now. The NSF wheel has taken a beating and is jammed against the arch. won't move. I'll have to take the wheel off tomorrow and check for damage underneath.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
this thread isnt "how did you do in your micra today":grinning:
hope theirs isnt main leg damage on both of yours,strong little cars though
crunch in the right place

silento

Ex. Club Member
I'm afraid this might be the end of my little micra. After removing the NSF wheel today I can see that the wishbone is broken, and so is the outer part of the steering rack. At the same time the driveshaft doesn't seem to be working properly when in gear i can see the inner CV spinning but not the outer rod that connects to the wheel. Even with the wheels on the ground and in gear with the engine running the car doesn't stall, just makes noise and revs like its in neutral. How much do you reckon it would cost to get this all fixed? I'm thinking it might be a better idea to buy another micra and use mine for spare parts or breaking, espcially since its got rust problems on the front cross member and poor suspension. I've always wanted a 1.3 though.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Changed the oil and filter this morning then did a 55 mile round trip into Manchester in the boiling weather because I left my phone at work yesterday :doh:.

Guy

Club Member
pfft :wasntme:

Lol, I put mine on for a bit but I hate the way it really drags the engine. Would love to remove the whle kit but a bit beyond my skill level...

Guy

Club Member
Lol, I reckon I could unbolt the whole thing easy enough. Replacing the belt with a shrter one shouldn't be hard either. Being a modern, electronic half French car though, I dunno if the ECU would flag it as an error or not :(.

Stani1029

Club Member
I'm afraid this might be the end of my little micra. After removing the NSF wheel today I can see that the wishbone is broken, and so is the outer part of the steering rack. At the same time the driveshaft doesn't seem to be working properly when in gear i can see the inner CV spinning but not the outer rod that connects to the wheel. Even with the wheels on the ground and in gear with the engine running the car doesn't stall, just makes noise and revs like its in neutral. How much do you reckon it would cost to get this all fixed? I'm thinking it might be a better idea to buy another micra and use mine for spare parts or breaking, espcially since its got rust problems on the front cross member and poor suspension. I've always wanted a 1.3 though.

maybe £100 to fix depending on how bad the end of the steering rack is and how many parts needed. sounds like a wishbone a cv joint and maybe whatever parts for the rack. good luck

Crashed out into a ditch :/

downloadbn.jpg

In the words of charlie sheen,

Winning eh frank?

I'm ok reg, lost my back end on gravel reg, my bias is pretty screwy at the moment, we got it out without a single scratch or dent on the wing and door, but the rear section has a bit of a tree dent, maybe some rediculous filling could see results but i don't know if its fixable, daylight pictures to come tommorow,

Well on its side i tell ya.

baguete

Site Supporter
WTF !? One more? Whats wrong with Micras these days? :(

Well, i installed the stock exhaust parts on the SR because the guy that sent me the intercooler pipping sent me wrong items, and as i had a crash with the grey LX i needed the black SR running, even with no turbo... :down:

i swapped from 14's back to 13's today and have more 13's in the real shed to swap to the shed with good tyres as mine are fowked with the sidewalls cracked etc.

bright side is a steep hill near me i get a run up and hit 40, with the 14's i struggled to get 35 on a run up -- this means i get to the top in 3rd and don't have to drop to 2nd - win :laugh:

Red Ruby:)

Ex. Club Member
today me and the girlfriend debadged the tailgate, painted the grill, wing mirrors, door handles, tailgate release catch and last but not least painted the spoiler :D

Fitted my spanking new headlight protectors. A real bargain. Think they look ace, and to boot they will protect my headlights ! Win-win situation. (Y)

weestar84

Jonc aka jeannie mo beal
i took my wee micra a 6 mile round trip :laugh: then parked it out the front just to annoy the neighbour :D

i dont do anything to mine except drive it lol