what did you do to your micra today ?

After a new daily Micra to keep the Stars Cup mint. It must be 1.0, cheap, bad color paint and whitout ANY option. Not easy because I just moved and dont have internet access ready yet. Wish me luck!

as long as its not megga tight eh (as long as the ratchet is on the same tooth as before you removed the tensioner)
and about time btw :) and well done

he he yeah finally eh.......
Just taken the tensioner out and re-set it properly. Feel much happier now :)

wdid? well yesterday morning i changed my exhaust system to a ummmmm........... peter lloyd rally woooo :)haha sounds mint, and then went to work :)then on way home at half 1O doing 8Omph on m4 the car decided to go left :(i had no steering or anything just left, so go to the hard shoulder and got under to find out the cv joint i fitted brand new like 2/3weeks ago had shattered :(so had to phone mr rac and had trouble getting my car on the trailor for a toe home coz its so low!haha LOWNESS FTW!!!:), so im not to happy that a cv joint has gone in 2/3weeks :/ but on a good note my car sounds lush!haha

leon said:
wdid? well yesterday morning i changed my exhaust system to a ummmmm........... peter lloyd rally woooo :)haha sounds mint, and then went to work :)then on way home at half 1O doing 8Omph on m4 the car decided to go left :(i had no steering or anything just left, so go to the hard shoulder and got under to find out the cv joint i fitted brand new like 2/3weeks ago had shattered :(so had to phone mr rac and had trouble getting my car on the trailor for a toe home coz its so low!haha LOWNESS FTW!!!:), so im not to happy that a cv joint has gone in 2/3weeks :/ but on a good note my car sounds lush!haha

Thats incredibly dangerous. If you're not sure how to repair something, get someone who does.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Where did you get the joint from? May be able to return under warrenty

ummmm.. i do no how to repair a cv joint :/, ive done plenty :/never had a problem before, ..... its just that one! last time i buy one off ebay!,

Ummm well I started laying down the base layers of paint on the cam cover before I can attack it with the air brush.
I got this far before giving up

IMAG0318.jpg

The masking tape I was used started to peel up at the edges which means it's got to get rubbed down and then start again :'(

Ummm well I started laying down the base layers of paint on the cam cover before I can attack it with the air brush.
I got this far before giving up

IMAG0318.jpg

The masking tape I was used started to peel up at the edges which means it's got to get rubbed down and then start again :'(
i wantttttt it!!!:)did it take long? and what paint did u use?

not that long if you add all the time up but its been done over a few days

a few hours rubbing it down to clean metal
hour spraying light coats of primer
next day the white
today the red

but as said its gone wrong (cheap masking tape) so tomorrow if i get chance ill rub it down and sorce some better tape. the paint is normal automotive paint. although the cam cover gets hot most paints can cope with it

WDIDT ? bought another TD05 ffs :rolleyes: they had a TD04 too, so i was able to compare the 2 side by side (farty little things those TD04,s are :p)
this silencer should fill the transmission tunnel too lol, this side-exit exhaust i,m running atm is a tad loud

PA220217.JPG

Went and priced a new wing for noddie, i knew they would be exspensive from a dealer but. At £152.18 a piece id rather not :/, any one know anywhere else i could get one?

not that long if you add all the time up but its been done over a few days

a few hours rubbing it down to clean metal
hour spraying light coats of primer
next day the white
today the red

but as said its gone wrong (cheap masking tape) so tomorrow if i get chance ill rub it down and sorce some better tape. the paint is normal automotive paint. although the cam cover gets hot most paints can cope with it

did you use specific paint? like heat proof or something? wanna do mine but not sure what paint to get!

WDID?

Got that quote for the rust... £120 to fix the hole on the inner sill and some surface rust on the outer on both sides, doesnt sound too bad :) and means the car will live on a while :)
did have the option of just a patch for £40 and treat the surface rust myself but dad reckons its better to get it done well and tbh the price for treating products would add up.

Cool, i ordered them and turned out one was going to take longer so i went to the scrappy and got a good condition one incase the new one wasnt here intime for the respray. There are some good ones out there and it was only £20

Cool, i ordered them and turned out one was going to take longer so i went to the scrappy and got a good condition one incase the new one wasnt here intime for the respray. There are some good ones out there and it was only £20
That's not bad ill have to take a look :)

altered the side exit 50mm system (with a very effective primera diesel silencer) and fitted a boot release lever/cable etc (what a f/kin mission that was !)

PA230219.JPG

Today I took this out of my car
20121023_175045.jpg

Why you may wonder? Well the other side looks like this
20121023_174905.jpg

I knew what size it was before I took it apart but I still nearly fell over when I realised all the power goes through this teeny weeny baby clutch

wdidt?

super s dial just came to my house yesterday. i am going to sort out this by today so will update on my blog :)
just bought white clear headlight bulbs for winter and white clear interior light bulb so i will install them in later on :)

Back