what did you do to your micra today ?

Right everyone.... figure this out... The crank case breather is now happy with no smoke'ish fume filled badness. The oil is now non existent out the arse, although it was only speckling before! Any ideas?

Was it actually smoke or steam? I think what I thought was smoke on mine is actually just steam, as I gathered abit of mayo under the oil filler cap but with no other signs of headgasket failure and I'm not loosing any coolent. I've only been running it for short distances lately without warming up. But I went on a 50mile trip yesterday with no signs of smoke from the breather at all.

Was it actually smoke or steam? I think what I thought was smoke on mine is actually just steam, as I gathered abit of mayo under the oil filler cap but with no other signs of headgasket failure and I'm not loosing any coolent. I've only been running it for short distances lately without warming up. But I went on a 50mile trip yesterday with no signs of smoke from the breather at all.
It really looked like smoke. I had been running for the day so she was warm enough to get the condensation out eh. odd. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

Scrapped the idea of new wheels, called the mechanic for a quote on the welding and he reckoned when he looked at the rust before it could have been £200-£300 to fix and that was a while ago... Booked in to have it looked at monday, fingers crossed its not too bad :(

They're just 286 bulbs, so any would do.

I like the white, the blue was too strong for me. I guess green could look quite cool.
I have green :D...
105_0008_zps83f3bb6e.jpg

Also have green needles...
105_0007_zps9089faaf.jpg

And normally have a blue clock but it wasn't working :confused:.

Fitted 1.3 cams into my 1.0 this morning. A nice increase in power ftw

I have a question tho.....should my chain tensioner look like this? looks a bit knackered to me?

tensioner.jpg

I have a question tho.....should my chain tensioner look like this? looks a bit knackered to me?

thats fine mate, you wound the ratchet back, then released it ok ?

errrr no i didnt Frank. I just removed it and refitted it as it was. Had to compress it slightly to get it back in.........did i not do it right?

errrr no i didnt Frank. I just removed it and refitted it as it was. Had to compress it slightly to get it back in.........did i not do it right?
your chain must be pretty slack then mate, you are supposed to twist the ratchet mech till it locks, then release it once fitted (iirc some engines have a hydraulic only one tho)

Its actually nice and tight. I think i will take it apart and do it properly eh.......just to be sure. I have Haynes to refer to if needed :)

Its actually nice and tight. I think i will take it apart and do it properly eh.......just to be sure. I have Haynes to refer to if needed :)
as long as its not megga tight eh (as long as the ratchet is on the same tooth as before you removed the tensioner)
and about time btw :) and well done

tensioner.jpg

Where'd you get them from? Whenever i look on buy and sell its a dead thread or theres just none there :s

i'd be scared of stones going straigh through that filter tho frank?

Maybe mesh over the front of the filter?

wdidt? well i had a chat with micra and asked her not to be offended or deciding to break on me in the next week or two as i will be replacing her for an almera and sending her to the scrapyard, i would keep the micra but go no where to store it :/ il still be a active user on here as i love the micra community to much all friendly and helpful :) and i will have another micra again :)

wdidt? well i had a chat with micra and asked her not to be offended or deciding to break on me in the next week or two as i will be replacing her for an almera and sending her to the scrapyard, i would keep the micra but go no where to store it :/ il still be a active user on here as i love the micra community to much all friendly and helpful :) and i will have another micra again :)
you will be welcomed back with open arms steve :D

Back