what did you do to your micra today ?

The channels, box sections & floorpans tend to rot from the inside outwards & the under seal carelessly applied tends to block the drain hole slots & retains moisture accelerating the oxidising corrosion process hidden unseen.
how come they have drainage holes in the first place? wouldn't it make more sense to just block the water getting in from the top?

Water & condensation gets into all sealed enclosures eventually & then cannot drain out.

K11 sunroofs drain into the sill’s box sections.

Cheap disposable Japanese K series cars had minimal base primer coat dusting applied to concealed internal box sections/sills.

I stripped mine back with a wire wheel then chopped or cleaned the metal as far back as I could , rust remover may help,
Rust treated, red oxide and painted and waxoiled
Rust treatment only works on cleaned up metal and will rust again if left uncovered
I also seam sealed.mine as the seam gaps are terrible
P26-06-18_21.51.JPG
P26-06-18_21.50[01].JPG
IMG_20180820_012721_238.jpg

Water & condensation gets into all sealed enclosures eventually & then cannot drain out.

K11 sunroofs drain into the sill’s box sections.

Cheap disposable Japanese K series cars had minimal base primer coat dusting applied to concealed internal box sections/sills.
Funny Nissan waxed them new just it wears off over time, and considering how old they are it's bound to happen,

Funny Nissan waxed them new just it wears off over time, and considering how old they are it's bound to happen,
Inside the enclosed concealed cavities they are very sparing with corrosion protection in order minimise costs & at the same time maximise profits by selling more repeat new vehicles as quickly as possible, that’s why they are in business?

Making disposable lightweight cheap Japanese K series vehicles long lasting is not in their best interests to maximise big businesses profits.

In this instance, they made the mistake of over engineering the vehicles in the 1990s without charging correspondingly for it, due to its lower middle market segment positioning.

This resulted in Nissan becoming financially insolvent in 1998 & was bailed out by the state owned Renault in return for Renault taking a 51% controlling share ownership of Nissan.

This in turn resulted in Renault designed products being badge engineered as Nissans in year 2001 onwards & subsequent Renault mediocrity to this day.

planned obsolescence basically, very annoying really considering if you're going to make something you should make it as well as you possibly can imo

pride in your work and all that
Sadly that's buisness. Gone are the days of making things last. There are things from years back for example heaters. TVs food mixers all kinds of things still working fine to this day but it's better for companies mass producing things to last x amount of years to get profits

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Sadly that's buisness. Gone are the days of making things last. There are things from years back for example heaters. TVs food mixers all kinds of things still working fine to this day but it's better for companies mass producing things to last x amount of years to get profits

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app
there's a clothes dryer at my parents house that was a wedding gift 28 years ago and as far as I know it's never needed a bit replacing all these years, still drys a load of towels in 60 minutes

Companies big greed over money with everyone middle-management and above trying to live the 'wolf of wallstreet' lifestyle has left a lot of good honest people short these last few years

Tho it's funny how m my they have lasted over other brand models of the same years ,
And compared to new nissan they still seem to be out lasting them hana

Tho it's funny how m my they have lasted over other brand models of the same years ,
And compared to new nissan they still seem to be out lasting them hana
Quote; “In this instance, they made the mistake of over engineering the vehicles in the 1990s without charging correspondingly for it, due to its lower middle market segment positioning”.

1990s Nissans were over engineered designed & built to a higher engineering quality standard than most of its competitors at that time, thus durability & reliability was superior to most of its mid-market price segment competitors.

I would go further & say that the K11 design engineering /build quality & subsequent reliability & durability was equal to or better than my 1990 Mercedes W124 series estate of the same era.

The Merc gave disproportionately more problems with ABS, electric sunroof, dual heating ventilation controls, driver’s electric window failures & excess engine oil consumption @ 8 years old on 85K miles than all my four old banger K11s experience put together.

I realise I am not comparing apples with apples here as the Merc was bigger & crucially more complex with more superfluous crap to go wrong when you really just need it to be reliable so you can get to work every day in it?

My W124 was all mouth & no trousers in my experience of usefulness in comparing it to the K11?

Reference; http://www.speedmonkey.co.uk/2012/10/mercedes-benz-w124-estate-appreciation.html

Enjoy!

Quote; “In this instance, they made the mistake of over engineering the vehicles in the 1990s without charging correspondingly for it, due to its lower middle market segment positioning”.

1990s Nissans were over engineered designed & built to a higher engineering quality standard than most of its competitors at that time, thus durability & reliability was superior to most of its mid-market price segment competitors.

I would go further & say that the K11 design engineering /build quality & subsequent reliability & durability was equal to or better than my 1990 Mercedes W124 series estate of the same era.

The Merc gave disproportionately more problems with ABS, electric sunroof, dual heating ventilation controls, driver’s electric window failures & excess engine oil consumption @ 8 years old on 85K miles than all my four old banger K11s experience put together.

I realise I am not comparing apples with apples here as the Merc was bigger & crucially more complex with more superfluous crap to go wrong when you really just need it to be reliable so you can get to work every day in it?

My W124 was all mouth & no trousers in my experience of usefulness in comparing it to the K11?

Reference; http://www.speedmonkey.co.uk/2012/10/mercedes-benz-w124-estate-appreciation.html

Enjoy!
Yep, know that well, it's why we had a a few 80/90s nissan, one of the best is the name td range of engines ,

Attachments

I wonder if there's a way to buy one of these flimsy cars and while it's still new modify and over-engineer it yourself

I've never been one of these people happy with buying a new car every 1-5 years I like the idea of something I know is going to last and be reliable for a long time, but it seems like I'm a minority that car manufacturers don't want to cater to in that respect. There's something to be said for having something you're familiar with over something shiny and new that smells like boot polish

So chopped the rear vent, and made a inner mud flap that follows the line of the bumper lip and boot line but also is strong enough to be used as the lower bumper mount
It's a bit better copy of what I did on bumblebee last year after have that work so wellView attachment 64185View attachment 64186View attachment 64187View attachment 64188View attachment 64189View attachment 64190View attachment 64191

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Nice fabrication work ... like that

Nice fabrication work ... like that
Thanks! This is what my original first setup looks like , this one just Carries it on but trys to reduce on water traps, gaps ect and doesn't require the baffle off the a pillar ,
Cause just chopping the vent and leaving it causes problems with water ,rust ect and throws alot up behind the bumper , this stops most of that and secures the bumper
Screenshot_20190623-010925.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app