what did you do to your micra today ?

Got the new micra jacked up after cleaning it yesterday
SHes clean tho im still going over the coil mounts and rear sill, take the under seal off and clean up, but of treatment and paint ,
Ad least then should get more years problem free , cause the rest is clean as , never welded, only things are a small rip in the driver's seat, two front tyres, and two dings ,
Even the stereo screen worked 90% haha

Attachments

Diesel fuel on old faded flat paintwork/ bodywork is a well-known old kerbstone dealer trick followed up with Pledge or similar spray on furniture polish, to disguise the smell & brighten up rejuvenate all the surfaces quickly at marginal costs ready for selling on.

Got me out of the poo with a couple of my old leave off bangers to sell on about 40 years ago!

Happy lad,
Cleaned up.the sills, rust treated ,painted and waxoiled, brought the greys back with a heat gun and old engine oil , and went over the car ,,Ad least then it should be maintenance free for the foreseeable future , (just a few hours of work if that may add years on the car and less on your pocket )
Passed mot pretty much faultless, only minors were grease on some brake pipes , but they are clean , they were surprised at how clean it is
Since I wasn't keeping its up forsale now but was a bit of fun lol
It's been a while since driving a bone stock 1ltr , feels weird , use to the 1.3 POWER!! Haha

Attachments

Get annoyed , This week it got a nail in the tyre, ran out of petrol (basically soon the gauge hit the bottom it ran out ,where normally it has 30so miles) left the lights on so bad a flat battery , and it's decided to 30mpg , but runs fine , mmmmn,
Oh and been like this for a while but takes a while for the pump to prime when on a angle or two start so it's under suspicion and the maf

Found out that with my N-CVT I can set off in DS mode which locks the lower ratios helping me get away from the people that floor it when I pull out, then slide into D with a smooth transition to normal drive once up to 40mph.

Massive quality of life improvement :)

Started on cleaning up and spraying the wheels, ready for the new wheel trims which are on order.

Didn't get every bit of rust off just did my best to get as much as I could off. These wheels are 17 years old, so I knew it wouldn't be perfect, but as I was putting trims on too, I just wanted the wheel to look better behind the trim.

As it turns out I am pretty pleased with the result. Once all wheels are done and on car with trims I will get some pics and update.
00000.jpg
000001.jpg
000003.jpg

Attachments

Micra obsessed ?

THIS IS MY MICRA

There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Micra is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I master my life.

My Micra, without me is useless. Without my Micra, I am useless.

I must love my Micra true.

I must drive fasterr than anyone who is trying to pass me.

I must pass him before he passes me.

I will…

My Micra and I know that what counts in this life is not the endless repairs we do, the noise of our engines, nor the welding smoke we make.

We know that it is the endless Micra life’s work repairing that counts.

We will repair & repair…

My Micra is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a girlfriend or brother.

I will learn her weakness, her strength, her parts, her accessories, her eyes and her likes.

I will keep my Micra gf clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other.

We will…

Before God I swear this creed.

My Micra and myself are the love of my life.

We are the masters of our destiny.

We are the Micra saviour’s of my life.

So be it, until love is Micra and there is no love, but Micra love. :rolleyes:

Last edited: