what did you do to your micra today ?

Today I sorted some wiring in the engine bay and got the car fired up and running with the Megasquirt MS3X.
Decided to go for a drive and let it autotune for a bit. Runs like a dream.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I was driving back from tesco on the way the middle box came off!!!

Tried to remove the back box and the rest of the pipe in middle road but could not. Its hanging from a rubbery thing I thought if I cut the rubber it will be destroyed and where to hang the new one.

Can some one help/guide on how go about fixing a new one?

Regsrds

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Finished clocking the turbo, transferring over the turbine housing studs and outlet elbow. Awaiting delivery of a new stud set for the manifold and some nord-locks before final assembly.

Dyno session booked for 20th. Should be interesting :)

20171002_171710.jpg

Temp fitted my wideband and checked it talks to the Megasquirt ecu ok. All good. Same reading in TunerStudio as on the display. Need to permanently fit it now.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Well I slept in it last night as I unexpectedly stayed a bike do and froze cause I had nothing other then a mattress cover I uses to stop the spider from rattling
And the other battery I knicked from the other micra is doing a brilliant job
Next will be to find all the dash mounts and frame mounts to tight up and then a service soon

Hello. On my second day of Micra ownership. Spent yesterday with a few bottles of vinyl and textile cleaner and a vacuum. Got some of the smell/doghair out, but still a way to go. Disassembled the center console and clock surround to clean it and try to find out why there's no light in the dash. Indicators etc. work, but no background illumination. Rear and reversing lights work, fuses seem fine and the bulbs too. Broken wire somewhere?
Next up is fixing gear linkage and sorting the blower resistor print.
Best regards from Denmark

Started getting the thing ready for an mot after it sat for 6 months I'm driving to Paris in 2 weeks and my BMW I was going to take decided that it didn't want to have an automatic gearbox anymore and pooed itself! So 2 weeks to get my little k11 roadworthy enough to drive to Paris and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted the de-powered (stripped and de-pistoned) rack and Pas column (to match the racks bigger splines) to give me a 3.1 turn manual rack rather than the 3.9 it had, I also lowered the column 2'' with some turned aluminium spacers.
The new OMP WRC steering wheel and boss should be here shortly too.

Got my corsa b rear shocks to get my short rear springs through an mot and my Bosch lambda. Got the wrong plug on the end (eurocarparts typical...) so having to jerry rig test it by jamming some crimps into the pins to see if it works before cutting it off. By my estimates it should be fine narrowband operate the same it's just the heater circuits that differ. This one has about 3.5 ohms across the heater whereas the eBay one had 6.5! No wonder it gave a fault code . Also ordered a qg15 maf to rid myself of the notorious munching of mafs these engines like to do.
726e9059fe60fb5b8831f48e963af9e3.jpg

tbh just sat in the car giving it a check over and sorted the dodgy heater( cable has gone tight) then sat there for a few hours using the stereo as a surround sound along
weirdly it felt nice to just sit there

7bcfc1a4efc1564e2e2477b92a92262c.jpg

Well it was a day but it's done. Lambda fitted and running problems sorted, wheels swapped round so matching pairs both axles, corsa b rear shocks fitted and a horn button wired in (have aftermarket steering wheel). Just waiting for my almera maf to come on Monday/Tuesday and it'll be mot time!

Hi, I should check mine, how would I go about it? Ta.
They are behind the rear bumper and apart of the inner rear arches and the vents are on the sides of the car
They do like to rot , first tho the bumper mounts rot/ break off cause they seem to hold damp and the flaps seem to break off
I've just blanked on off for now and make a cover for the other for the time been

got alot of terrano light and wiper stalks , and fitted the wiper one on the micra , replacing the almera one so i now have 2 speeds on the rear wipers and variable speeds on the front :)

also was looking at a coil pack k11 that had solid sills and such but i popped the boot and lent over seeing if there was out and went throught the floor haha , the boot was like nothing ive seen on a coil pack , it was completely rotten but only in the boot

That's the right attitude, who needs expensive parts when they will blow up just as fast

Absolutely. The plan is to use a k03 turbo off a 1.8t vag engine as these are common as muck compared to the gt15 I used in my old setup which was pretty much toast by the time the car came off the road. I'm hoping to utilise some kind of adaptor plate that will bolt straight onto the standard manifold in place of the cat. I'm not sure how I'll overcome the massive step in exhaust flow this will cause though.

13f7b081812fd7dc371d4d4eadf761b8.jpg

Took it to work for the first time in what feels like forever! Forgot how comical 155/70 13's are in the rain they've got to go!

Absolutely. The plan is to use a k03 turbo off a 1.8t vag engine as these are common as muck compared to the gt15 I used in my old setup which was pretty much toast by the time the car came off the road. I'm hoping to utilise some kind of adaptor plate that will bolt straight onto the standard manifold in place of the cat. I'm not sure how I'll overcome the massive step in exhaust flow this will cause though.

Oh good idea, they're everywhere. Is there enough space to put it under the stock manifold.

Visited Matt H, turns out the first CGA3 bottom end I gave him will need a lot of work. So I dropped off my other spare CGA3 bottom end, lets hope this one in better condition. Will be having new rings and a hone either way...

Old engine is now being stripped, both the bearings and rings were all very worn, hence the running issues and the lack of compression. Luckily the head is looking good and doesn't need any work apart from a good clean.

Fitted my qg15 almera maf and tube. Runs quite a bit less rich now (not quite as rapid though!) still getting a pesky p0171 lean running code though. I'm guessing exhaust leak or faulty second lambda (EDIT not maf as I originally commented). Runs great though so I'll worry about that when I fit a new exhaust for turbo time.

Last edited:
Hubba Hubba
Pretty

Called it a day on the dyno on Friday after hitting a plateau, (we had to let other cars on anyway). Later traced the issue to a piece of silicone hose used to protect the oil feed line from abrasion had sneaked it's way under the throttle stop and was only allowing us 73% throttle :mad:

Back on the dyno in a few weeks for a quick diagnostic run followed by some more mapping, (if required), to see what's left in the tank :)

well , got her insured and took her for a drive cause i hadnt for a few days now and well
somthing put a hole in the tyre but it was basily 1mm off the edge so that that tyre knacked :(

Attachments

• P21-10-17_18.27.JPG
    P21-10-17_18.27.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
  • P21-10-17_18.28.JPG
    P21-10-17_18.28.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
gone back to steels :(
stuggling to find any matching tyre/tyres for the car second hand so i put some spares i had and some old trims i got for free to adleast make it look alittle better

Attachments

• P23-10-17_16.35[02].JPG
    P23-10-17_16.35[02].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
  • P23-10-17_16.35.JPG
    P23-10-17_16.35.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 184
gone back to steels :(
stuggling to find any matching tyre/tyres for the car second hand so i put some spares i had and some old trims i got for free to adleast make it look alittle better

I personally love steels. I'm staying with steels with this build. Nice and cheap and tough too. Inspiration:
4f8b26376ef2fd98850f4abcd922b96e.jpg

35aaacec73c2a69e31597b1da9fff364.jpg

29a097eaab9c0068fd6d68ed31ab5867.jpg

My second hand almera maf died a death this week. Only paid a tenner for it and the enclosure do not too butt hurt about it. Enjoying the improved performance of a richer afr
Looks like it's doing the drive to Paris maf-less also luckily been getting around 39mpg with mixed driving so shouldn't be too bad. Probably going to get an eBay/motor factor replacement and stick it in the almera maf enclosure when I get back.

well the steelies did not last long, about 10 miles to be exact as the the dogged up wheel nuts decided to come undone while doing 65 on a cornor
5 of the 8 front wheel nuts came undone , just std micra nuts butt when i took the loose ones off they all had groves off the stud holes on them , guessing that been the problem,
so put the sport+ wheels on so i can use my red chrome nuts i normally use on the other alloys and its fine now
and today did the handbrake as the o/s handbrake mech on the shoe seized on but aswell the wheel cylinders are beginning to fail
and still got to get around to getting a new shock bush as the n/s has gone causing knock at times
:(

MOT failure, one of the rear springs was broken :eek: I think it may have been on a nasty patch of the Snake Pass were all the road had sunken, I wonder how many other cars sustained damage at the same place.

Back