what did you do to your micra today ?

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
How did you end up on your roof? Guessing you're ok?

WDIDT : Fitted brand new front calipers, brake flexi hoses, new 'c curl' grooved front discs, bled the system with new Motul 660F brake fluid, checked the nearside CV joint and braced the hyd hand-brake to stop it flexing when the brakes are applied.

Locked up on a corner and slid into the bank on the side of the road. It was very undramatic and quite a slow roll. No injuries, it's pretty disorientating being upside down in a car. I'll put up prices and such when I've got it all off the car. :)

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Sorry to hear that mate.

I drive for a living and I've seen cars in all sorts of odd places, upside down, stuffed into hedges where it's almost beyond physics to get a vehicle. Lol

Locked up on a corner and slid into the bank on the side of the road. It was very undramatic and quite a slow roll. No injuries, it's pretty disorientating being upside down in a car. I'll put up prices and such when I've got it all off the car. :)

Jolly fortunate that you did not wipe out some other innocent road user that may have had the misfortune to be nearby? Perhaps its time to reconsider your actions & get a grip. :eek::eek:

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
IMHO Skid pan training should be part of the driving test..... Learning how to cadence brake is an important skill, and how to recover a sliding car.

Made my back bumper plastics satin black instead of grey

313eff3190fc50c08589f98fbc22b8e1.jpg

f56683793dc67acee721fdafb36b8e99.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Very fortunate to have done no damage to anyone or anyone's property. Absolutey I understand the magnitude of what could have happened.
The road I was on was a tight moorland lane littered with areas of gravel and dust. I was carrying a little bit too much speed yes. A poor choice on my behalf. Any of you would laugh if you saw how slow and pathetic the roll was. The car almost came to a point of balance on two wheels. It could have gone either way. But it creeped over and rolled on to the roof.

Very fortunate to have done no damage to anyone or anyone's property. Absolutey I understand the magnitude of what could have happened.
The road I was on was a tight moorland lane littered with areas of gravel and dust. I was carrying a little bit too much speed yes. A poor choice on my behalf. Any of you would laugh if you saw how slow and pathetic the roll was. The car almost came to a point of balance on two wheels. It could have gone either way. But it creeped over and rolled on to the roof.

Reflection reconsideration of actions & reaction consequences is key to personal development for everyone’s long term benefit.

No disrespect but...did they laugh a bit when you booked it in for the dyno?
Yeah man, they thought I was having a laugh, they all took the piss really.

I turned up at the best time, right after a Skoda Octavia VRS meetup where they had done all theirs, so they wouldn't leave the poor thing alone... I was well happy and after the third run the guy doing it said he was actually impressed, especially with the torque curve they have.

One day, in the very, very, very, very distant (never) future when it has an SR20DET I will go back there :p

I will be going again soon, I'm genuinely curious to see what, if anything, 98 fuel will do. I tend to get quite a bit more to the tank on 98, so that suggests efficiency and hopefully power therefore. I will also attempt to get hold of some actual racing fuel (I think its like 110 octane?) and then do it again and I'll post the results here for everyone to see. God, since I've done it I've been thinking of little changes I can make, now I can actually see the results, not just trying a seat of the pants dyno out.

I thought as much.

Brave man, good on you. I wouldn't give a crap either. Probably wear a hat and false beard tho.
That's decent. Keep us posted.

Just found out that my newly purchased and shod with new rubber on 15's wheels are destroying my rear shocks. Back to 13"s...:(

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Collected these bespoke made pads from Matt Humphris tonight, also discussed a number of gearbox and driveshaft options for the future...

DG-FiARW0AEPpXc.jpg:large

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah. Big AP setups behind 13" wheels are only for those of us who run on 'billiard table' smooth race tracks :cool:

WDIDT?

Tried to replace the discs and pads but could not do due time limit and did not know ho to push back to caliper to make room for new pad and disc.

Can some one PLEASE tell/guide me how push back the caliper piston?

Regards

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

WDIDT?

Tried to replace the discs and pads but could not do due time limit and did not know ho to push back to caliper to make room for new pad and disc.

Can some one PLEASE tell/guide me how push back the caliper piston?

Regards

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Requires improvised leverage via a large screwdriver, podger or crow bar and easiest is to use a suitably sized G clamp ( approx 6 to 8 inches) to wind or screw the calliper piston fully back. Beware the master cylinder brake fluid over flowing.

My exhaust pipe broke off at the silencer box, middle section. I tied the pipe up with some string I found to get me home. I'm 55 but driving home with a broken exhaust and the roar it made, I felt like a 17 year old boy racer again. After universal tyres quoted me £120 for a new middle section, I got some stainless steel pipes from an old vacuum cleaner and got the exhaust joined up again and quite airtight. I might put a few tack welds on and some holts gun gum to seal it.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
So you're still using Primera/100nx calipers and discs? Just curious as to what you're running.

I run 100nx calipers with the best pads humphries could get, mintex 1155's iirc, and have had no brake fade with race brake fluid and had no fade at all.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I use the N15 Almera 1.4 calipers and discs, fade wasn't the issue so much it was wear rate of the pads. Completely new parts for the whole of the front brake system, and these new pads will hopefully sort it.

On Saturday went from Durham to Livingston next to Edinburgh to pick up a bike for my sis about 280 round trip
And at coldstream had a brandnew corsa driven by a middle aged bloke bump into the trailer then drive off even know he was the one who suffered damage
But it was OK other then that

looks like someone may have tried to pull my spoiler off , the whole n/s was hanging off and the top o/ that was repaired has been broke all the way through
either that or it decided it wanted to let go
so re stuck it back on and see how long it lasts , its a bit knacked now tho :/

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Track day on Saturday - great fun, will write more on my blog later. But got a lot of praise for overtaking and keeping an Evo 7 behind me for the whole of one session ;)

Yesterday : Bled the front brakes, cleaning door squares and windscreen, partial bolt check.changed the breather filter, WD-40'ed the knackered lamda sensor in the hope it will make it easier to remove... and a few other little jobs.

Still got a lot of jobs to do before next Monday's stage rally....

Got some stainless steel pipes from an old vacuum cleaner and got the exhaust joined up again and quite airtight. I might put a few tack welds on and some holts gun gum to seal it.

Ha ha ha ha. Superb bodge!

I do believe the older we get the better the bodges.;)
You do realise that it will eventually blow harder than Pamela Anderson.

My catalytic converter is clamped up with paste, it's gradually rotting away between to new exhaust pipes either side.:rolleyes::)

fitted a primera light stork with front fogs and re wired it using the orignal to work
had a new windscreen and trim fitted
and finally got the bloody cga3de out of the sport+ to put the new one in

today :)

Attachments

• P21-08-17_21.08[01].JPG
    P21-08-17_21.08[01].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
  • P21-08-17_19.05.JPG
    P21-08-17_19.05.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
  • P21-08-17_13.37.JPG
    P21-08-17_13.37.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
  • P21-08-17_21.08[01].JPG
    P21-08-17_21.08[01].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 216
  • P21-08-17_19.05.JPG
    P21-08-17_19.05.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
  • P20-08-17_19.02.JPG
    P20-08-17_19.02.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
  • P20-08-17_19.03.JPG
    P20-08-17_19.03.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
  • P21-08-17_15.05.JPG
    P21-08-17_15.05.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
  • P21-08-17_15.06[01].JPG
    P21-08-17_15.06[01].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 165
  • P21-08-17_14.28.JPG
    P21-08-17_14.28.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
  • P21-08-17_21.16.JPG
    P21-08-17_21.16.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 212

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
What was the low flying Peugeot/Citroen on : we all need some of that?

Not sure of the spec, but it is a racer in their race series. So fully stripped out. We were running a passenger (nav), spare wheel, sump guard and a fair bit of fuel, and all other rally bits to replicate a rally situation.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Did a short spell in the garage after dinner, and removed the lamda sensor. Had to remove the alternator first which was a bit of hard work. I had done a fair few doses with WD40 before hand on the sensor, and luckily it was easy to undo. I was worried it would be a nightmare. The last one i tried to undo just would not move at all, no matter how hard or what I tried...

Also cleaned up a few things, including removing a rather large amount of grass from the outer windings of the alternator!

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
WDIDT : Oil & filter change, full bolt check (found a few things had worked loose from the 2hrs track running), hopefully sealed up an oil leak around the dipstick tube, checked the NS CV joint, spray painted the NS front chassis leg, rear arches (white) and the rear axle in silver.

Also found that the alternator belt is knackered, will add that to the list of bits to get from Matt H.