what did you do to your micra today ?

You mean oh so tasty but toilet be hasty type of morning? Good thing i have a day off :cool:. Also tomorrow in the afternoon be taking a trip to free booze party, the only type of party i'll ever attend. Any telling from the video if there is indeed chain rattling or is it too ####ty?
Possibly, try an oil change with some quality oil.;)
And deffo do not be far from the khazi tomorrow :D

Really not enjoying facelift life. Prefacelift failed mot on wishbone, so I replaced it last night, straight forward nothing seized came straight out and back in less than an hour easily in the dark. And it was the original item.
Facelift can't seem to take anything off without it being seized! Both wishbones I've snapped a bolt taking them off!
My prefacelift is 1993 Reg and my facelift is 2001!!!!
Rant over.

1993 Prefacelift GT15 turbo cg10de(t) @ 7psi
2001 Facelift cg10de

Really not enjoying facelift life. Prefacelift failed mot on wishbone, so I replaced it last night, straight forward nothing seized came straight out and back in less than an hour easily in the dark. And it was the original item.
Facelift can't seem to take anything off without it being seized! Both wishbones I've snapped a bolt taking them off!
My prefacelift is 1993 Reg and my facelift is 2001!!!!
Rant over.

2001 Facelift cg10de

I'm the opposite I much prefer to work on my 2003 2nd facelift and my 1st facelift JDM FHK11 Cabriolet then on my pre-facelift SR! :-S

I'm the opposite I much prefer to work on my 2003 2nd facelift and my 1st facelift JDM FHK11 Cabriolet then on my pre-facelift SR! :-S

It puts me off working on it to be honest. Prefacelift is a dream. And my facelift is rustier!

2001 Facelift cg10de

finally fixed my remote locking, required two new tactile buttons soldering into the key.
y3msgHdhKs1LP120XcCO_M704VC-tkgipJq6B5PxSPMNVCEvwlkAcY_CEpRxecbjCnPuNtB9K-uuwCty59kldW0NhHr0Z008_H7EGWaVf6b7oeNJd6s-q4AtU11jWquDUsf7mvVIA8oUhS2HJGzBRuHammUV5A2PjUYYhQ1ORC-_pI

y3mMr78cCnGOC8zAPg-i3rGQ5jFzPmY_7Zj0Dhmw9-T_ryFTdQDUMTxMl-PgGZhj0IjiDttw9oV53veUrsZ7NNhNa3K0ZsPo9232JUPav6NQOOc6RCuv9_KR4TeWQqWvmdXPz8SuYYWfa_fIZLg9H3R30ZgQkroEsw7so97gRCWaLk

not my best soldering, but it works.

also checked coolant and oil levels ready for rallyfest tomorrow and started flying the msc flag
y3mJVuQ4736r6YUFHVV399D7qVs5uSmkiACMfDPIHkH_GiVhfOPUuTP7GltFCP00cK1DjFn0vdSlsXiN58At7oGg1WepTjO6diKeA-M343ME5h47VBIQKj5miT3lZmJkfz1mMM6UYYb7hqosGojjJJvNDMjXE-ttb8maOPkEaVLa4o

14826280_10209584505107797_595659973_n.jpg

Went to jack k11 up on sills jacking point and she just crumbled :( Anyone know a welder either Durham or Lancaster area. ( obvs not to expensive) with MOT due in December and xmas. or you guys think it will cost to much to fix?

2319795cb2676f85ec23d9a4761d0bde.jpg

It's not pretty but plated up the rust hole on the arch. Not bad for an arc welder with wayyyyy too big rods. Ignore the overspray on the wheels the tyres are junk and the wheels are getting resprayed...

2001 Facelift cg10de

finally fixed my remote locking, required two new tactile buttons soldering into the key.

not my best soldering, but it works.

also checked coolant and oil levels ready for rallyfest tomorrow and started flying the msc flag

where did you get the switches from? I need to try and repair a bmw one but cant find any small enough to surface mount....

Last edited:
Started the refurbishment of the SR fog lights. Carefully removed the glass lens from the body and removed the existing mastic/sealant which was starting to fail and cleaned the inside of the lense and reflector. I will reseal the lens back to the body with a high quality marine grade sealant! B-)
1477941048133.jpg

Took a trip to demon tweeks after work, picked myself up some bilstein b4 rear shocks. Was weird though as their book for suspension had no part numbers for b4 front shocks for a facelift k11, but there was for the pre-facelifts
WP_20161031_17_11_14_Pro.jpg

Started the refurbishment of the SR fog lights. Carefully removed the glass lens from the body and removed the existing mastic/sealant which was starting to fail and cleaned the inside of the lense and reflector. I will reseal the lens back to the body with a high quality marine grade sealant! B-) View attachment 51956
Are you cleaning the glass and if you are how are you doing it. I have an old set and if they can be fixed then I might as well do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Finally got the rust "fix" plate covered with fiberglass and one small hole as well else where. Then checked front crossmember and found two rusty concaves in both ends. They were quite odd as they were covered with thin sheet that had rusted off in exact same spots.

787f4fd166bac5aea721e6665c0502d1.jpg

That is the other one goes from bumber bolt to tow hook plate. Could it be possible to just fill it with weld? It is thick metal so my "skills" and stick welder might be enough to just spray weld in it.

Sent from my ZP980+ using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Are you cleaning the glass and if you are how are you doing it. I have an old set and if they can be fixed then I might as well do it

I used some medical tuffie 5 wipes to remove remove mould and prevent further growth. On the inside of the glass lens I just polished off with a soft lint free cloth and on the outside I polished the glass with Autoglym glass polish. I just used a soft cloth to gently clean the reflector, do not use any cleaning solution which might damage the reflector coating! Here's a pic of the resealed fog light! B-)
1478023690972.jpg

Last edited:
I used some medical tuffie 5 wipes to remove remove mould and prevent further growth. On the inside of the glass lens I just polished off with a soft lint free cloth and on the outside I polished the glass with Autoglym glass polish. I just used a soft cloth to gently clean the reflector, do not use any cleaning solution which might damage the reflector coating! Here's a pic of the re-greased fog light! B-) View attachment 51969
Thanks lad I'll give that a go

was looking at h&r springs 30mm drop £141 at demon tweeks and its only a 50 minute drive to get them, so i would be able to fit next weekend as soon as i got them and got back home

Polished it yesterday with DA and waxed with Collinite 476 - SUPER silky smooth paint and water is beading very nicely. Results are not 100%, but weather yesterday wasn't best either. I will do one more time after the winter.
Also painted scratch that have mentioned before, not perfect color match but better than nothing.
Some pictures before and after and 50/50.
(click)

My White Micra passed it's MOT! :) And as promised i handed the keys over to my little brother, who absolutely loves it! :)

Well done mate hope your little bro appreciates the work you have done B-) I always like to remind you guys up there on the "big rock" that us down here in the southern sub-tropical tax haven island don't have MOT's! :p

Well done mate hope your little bro appreciates the work you have done B-) I always like to remind you guys up there on the "big rock" that us down here in the southern sub-tropical tax haven island don't have MOT's! :p

As much as i hate MOT's i think they are a good thing. Stops people driving around in dangerous cars that literally have no sills and tyres down to the wire lol

Last night visited a friend in Ilford ( east London ) and spent..maybe 20min at his.
Got back at my car....started driving..after 10min..i noticed the sunvisors were down..the ashtray and glovebox open..I was like..wtf.
I must have forgot to lock it..or the central locking doesn't work..checked to see what was missing.
Someone had taken a pack of wet wipes and a crate of water. That was it.
Everything else was left ..sony stereo with usb plugged in..phone charger..anyway..I had a good laugh
Until now when I took a better look and noticed someone actually broke in the car.
Now I am left with a hole and no lock.
What to do?

1478587203175.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Now and then you strike lucky when buying those rare sought after JDM parts and this has just happened to me! After a very long search for mint condition JDM AK11 rare 2nd facelift rear light clusters I struck gold! I bought off eBay what looked like very good condition ones for £75. Today they arrived in original JDM Nissan packaging and when I opened them up they were brand new! They even had the OEM sealing mastic on a roll and new nuts me's a very happy chappy lol! B-)
1478781689174.jpg
1478781700246.jpg

Last edited:
Today I removed and cleaned the SR's central air vents and replaced the centre console with a wood veneer one. I also extended the sunroof drainage hoses. I also emptied the buckets that the hoses temporarily drained into and was amazed at the amount of water (after 2 days) that would have drained into the sills no wonder the sills rot away! :-S
1478996368370.jpg
1478996391335.jpg
1478996415210.jpg
1478996426651.jpg

Back