what did you do to your micra today ?

:eek: What happened?
it just shows that its no faster than the cammed 1311 when ragged TBH dave (similar 0 to 60 etc) you have loads of extra grunt lowdown for daily driving, but it really lacks the topend that you need for sprinting.
i,ll check my vids in a bit :)

Booted it down to sords near Dublin and met up with the folks at hotel :) silver Micra behind following and trying to keep up :) wound his window down listening to the car warble :)

Made an april fool on facebook by posting a black crashed Super S from my phone so it went in the "mobile uploads" folder for more realisticness. A lot of people trapped :D Thanks to Ralph for the evilish idea ! Bag was not fooled and recognised it was not my car tho, but didn't said it explicitly to keep the joke on, smart mate as always !

Gave the silver Nissan fleet a wash :D

001yb.jpg

Collected my bits from welders...just gotta fit them :D

One issue is that the new maf doesnt have a space to live in the engine bay :eek: so i've gotta work something out...easiest option is probably to change the intercooler, if i can find one super cheap.

Finally managed to bag a set of ABS front hubs for the build :)

Oh and enjoyed the privilege of a 30% increase in my car insurance renewal :eek:

Started it and let it warm up for a bit as it hasn't been driven for a week or two :(
Waiting on some parts.. then Roadtrips! :D
Also, considering some new 14's for summertime​

Hows this running Frank? well i hope
13.5:1 c/r was a bit OTT mate lol, felt really pokey but sounded like a diesel lol :)
so we,ve fitted that CGA crank into the 1367 corsa piston turbo engine, and gonna fit a CG13 crank to drop the c/r to a more sensible level :)

That is fluking smart work there! :cool: Do you just unbolt it or is there a sequence to tightening the bolts back up? torqued or just done up tight?

13.5:1 c/r was a bit OTT mate lol, felt really pokey but sounded like a diesel lol :)
so we,ve fitted that CGA crank into the 1367 corsa piston turbo engine, and gonna fit a CG13 crank to drop the c/r to a more sensible level :)

Guess you dont know untill your try hey Frank! top work as always though... was that the engine with the link removed from the chain & skimmed right down?

Iv got a spare block i fancy a tinker with :)

That is fluking smart work there! :cool: Do you just unbolt it or is there a sequence to tightening the bolts back up? torqued or just done up tight?

Tightening sequence scanned from the service manual attached, (removal is just the reverse order).

Torque is 2.1 - 4.0 Nm

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 260
Guess you dont know untill your try hey Frank! top work as always though... was that the engine with the link removed from the chain & skimmed right down?

Iv got a spare block i fancy a tinker with :)
yes mate, 2 links removed from the lower chain and 2.5mm blockskim, and 2mm headskim, but the head was weldfilled also, so ended up with a crazy c/r figure lol. (so shelving that engine till i get another head skimmed, and will fit a CG13 crank)
currently running a coilpack piston 11.5:1 @ 5 psi, but the 1367 turbo engine is now fully built and ready for fitting :)

yes mate, 2 links removed from the lower chain and 2.5mm blockskim, and 2mm headskim, but the head was weldfilled also, so ended up with a crazy c/r figure lol. (so shelving that engine till i get another head skimmed, and will fit a CG13 crank)
currently running a coilpack piston 11.5:1 @ 5 psi, but the 1367 turbo engine is now fully built and ready for fitting :)

Be good too see that in action mate, have you ever used cylinder liners in an aluminium block? or a CGA14 block with CG13 head and cams?

That turbo motor should see you into the 14s hey!!

I'd not noticed what you were shooting for Frank, it's hard to keep up with all the engines you have on the go ;) 13.5:1 sounds pretty mad on a 260 cam, I think we're around 1 compression point lower than that on a 'fairly big' <-- :rolleyes: cam.
aye, it sounded exactly like a diesel engine dave :eek: , the weldfilled 2mm skimmed chamber came out @ 18cc (stock chamber 26cc) a CG13 dish @ 6.5cc and a CGA dish @9cc

Be good too see that in action mate, have you ever used cylinder liners in an aluminium block? or a CGA14 block with CG13 head and cams?

That turbo motor should see you into the 14s hey!!
the 71mm CG liners i smashed out years ago were only 2mm thick, so i had a 72mm CGA block bored to the 72.5mm corsa pistons for the 1367 :)

the 71mm CG liners i smashed out years ago were only 2mm thick, so i had a 72mm CGA block bored to the 72.5mm corsa pistons for the 1367 :)

Cheers Frank, im guessing its not possible to bore it to take a 76mm GA16 piston :( (not much material left eh) im stuck in an up to 2000cc class at my local hillclimb!! need all the help i can get... an SR20 would be just too heavy

Cheers Frank, im guessing its not possible to bore it to take a 76mm GA16 piston :( (not much material left eh) im stuck in an up to 2000cc class at my local hillclimb!! need all the help i can get... an SR20 would be just too heavy
the gasket would fail even if you had sleeves fitted eh (CG/CGA h/g have 72mm fire rings)
i have a set of the later corsa 1.0 73.4mm pistons, but thats getting a bit risky tho imo

Tightening sequence scanned from the service manual attached, (removal is just the reverse order).

Torque is 2.1 - 4.0 Nm
Just undo the 10 screws to remove but mine didn't to come off at first so just leaved it up a bit on the front left corner to brake the seal then it came off easy.
And thanx to low rider i dint have to search for the tightening sequence now ;)

Back