what did you do to your micra today ?

Bought some new NGK plugs and an oil filter in advance of the next oil change.
Whenever I buy a car I always service it again anyway for my peace of mind unless the last service documents which oil/other parts were used.
Luckily the air filter is still nice and clean and I have the oil already.

DSC_0086_zpsippgqpd9.jpg
Started mucking around with the headlight protectors....blue or black (?)
My missus wants the blue ones on her car....does look good on it though.
DSC_0087_zpseo78jxy0.jpg

WDIDT?

Well, actually yesterday, changed the coolant and oil. Could not open the oil filter because it toooooo difficult and dark/late. Wanted to wash it today but its raining.

What I have noticed is the car idle a bit low 600. But runung a bit when its warm goes to 1100.

Is it normal? If not what could be issue?

Regards

Found a modded fuel rail in a box of spares that came with the micra when I bought it many moons ago. No need for it so I'll create a for sale ad soon. But just to confirm, purple side feeds are 370cc SR20DET injectors aren't they??

PurpleInjectors.jpg

WDIDT?

Well, actually yesterday, changed the coolant and oil. Could not open the oil filter because it toooooo difficult and dark/late. Wanted to wash it today but its raining.

What I have noticed is the car idle a bit low 600. But runung a bit when its warm goes to 1100.

Regards

Have you bled the air out of the coolant system?
Have you recently changed the fuel filter?
What oil did the car have before your oil change and what has it got now?
How long since the last service?

My oil filter was done up way to tight by the previous person who had the car serviced at a garage which you would have thought they should know better!
Sorted out the correct torque myself with the new one anyway.

Have you bled the air out of the coolant system?
Have you recently changed the fuel filter?
What oil did the car have before your oil change and what has it got now?
How long since the last service?

My oil filter was done up way to tight by the previous person who had the car serviced at a garage which you would have thought they should know better!
Sorted out the correct torque myself with the new one anyway.

where are the bleeders?

pollyp

Club Member

Regards

Should cold idle 1300rpm and warm idle 750rpm.

A slow cold idle and fast warm idle usually caused by seized waxstat fast idler mechanism at back of pre-facelift TB and/or sticking/seized idle control valves.

No bleeders on K11, just open rad cap keeping it brim with coolant, heater dial full hot but fan off, heat up engine till thermostat opens and fan turns on twice, most bubbles should escaped by now. Fit rad cap, fill expansion tank full, test drive few miles and recheck the tank level once cooled down & cars flat level.

followed these steps this morning, a lot of bubbles coming up, like a white foam forms on top of the radiator, also when i switch the engine off after a drive i can hear bubbles going into the expansion tank, is this most likely head gasket? the car still drives 100%

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
It can take ages to bled out the air, squeeze the rad pipes (take care they are hot, engine hot etc..) with the engine running and rad cap off. Can be a real ar$e doing this, I tend to go somewhere remote, and then do this as I find you need a lot of revving etc.. to sort it.

WDIDT?

Bled the breaks and connected the sway bar with a smaller bolt that gone through the welded nut.

Washed the car yesterday after nearly 2 years standing and lots of weeds growing on it.

Replaced the wipers and noticed the screen wash fluid it not coming out. Checked the fuse and its okay.

Any ideas what look for and where to look for?

Regards

WDIDT?

Opened the windscreen washer pump. It seems its gonen.

Any ideas on to test it? Please help. Regards

Do you mean you looked underneath the car and the washer pump was missing?
If so, the only way to test it's working will be to get another.
Breakers yard should have one. I believe they are the same on most Almera and Primera models of the same era though I might be incorrect.

pollyp

Club Member
WDIDT?

Opened the windscreen washer pump. It seems its gonen.

Any ideas on to test it? Please help. Regards

the wiper motor & washer motor share the same fuse. so if the washer/wiper fuse went, they'd both stop.
since the fuse is intact, next check is if the stork switch is making the right connections.
the wash function makes two connections, one to send power to the motor, goes through the motor and then also triggers the wiper control module to begin wipe, the other switch is to ground the motor.

when u trigger front wash, does it trigger the wipers to come on? if yes then power is going through the motor and trigger the wiper control unit but the motor can't turn, maybe seized.

to check wiper circuit, unplug from motor, put multimeter on both pins and measure for any voltage change while triggering the wash.
if there's no voltage change while washing but fuse is intact, one of the two contacts on the stork switch ain't working, check or replace stork.
if voltage changes but motor doesn't work, the motors worn.

the washer motor is quite prone to wear & damage.
once the old shaft rubber seal begins to leak, wash fluid begins to flood inside the motor and rapidly corrode or wear all the insides till it seizes or the bushes wear out.

dsc05161-jpg.35522
dsc05163-jpg.35519

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-32#post-470480

only fix was either get a spare from scrappers which could also be worn or replace with a new one.
got mine from amazon, halfords also sell em, but twas for a facelift loom connector

dsc07926-jpg.38417

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-74#post-569106

so just soldered on a facelift connector from the scrappers

dsc07958-jpg.38443

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-74#post-570182

Very many thanks pollyp for a very detailed step by step instructio and illustration.

I have sorted it out. Before opening I have noticed the liner did have crews. When opened the pump noticed its not original abd the connecotr simply taped. Removed and connected properly and it works. Apparently the tappe was broken and connection was lost.

Regards.

PS: the app is not working on nexus mobile today can some confirm it please?

Also bought this, a functioning shark fin aerial. Don't know why, I can't even turn my radio on. Don't know how believe it or not LOL
Pressed everything, but nope. Doesn't matter, I don't listen to it anyway.
DSC_0089_zpseexipior.jpg

I've found if you park it next to a hand car washers yard they will clean it so that their turf looks all good and clean, Not a bad surprise to come back to neither! :D

andy

Ex. Club Member
Also bought this, a functioning shark fin aerial. Don't know why, I can't even turn my radio on. Don't know how believe it or not LOL
Pressed everything, but nope. Doesn't matter, I don't listen to it anyway.
DSC_0089_zpseexipior.jpg

have ya a pic or at least make of the stereo? maybe it don't work :eek:

have ya a pic or at least make of the stereo? maybe it don't work :eek:
Ha, ha, yes it works, it was on when I bought the car, it was on sleep or something. I took the face off to kill it, and I think I did (kill it)
I really don't ever turn it on anyway.
The radio in my van is the same, can't turn that on neither. A mate borrowed it the other day, when I started it in the morning I nearly jumped out my skin.....the radio was on! Hadn't been on for nearly 10 years (!!!!) Took the face off that as well....couldn't turn it off....LOL
The shark fin is for effect....when I get around to it, or the fitter, not me.

found the bubbles on my sill had split so my brother welded it up for me, now thats repaired dont know wether to do matte black bottom half to match the bumpers and bump strips or glossy...

Now front wipers are working as new on all settings. Took apart the black little box next to the wiper motor and resoldered the loose connector. Super easy fix for a super annoying problem.

Today the postman delivered some more prezzies for Steffi Cabriolet the front drivers side Nissan wheel bearings plus seals, so now no excuse to now fit both new cv joints and bearings, also have to fit the new rear brake shoes and pistons oh nearly forgot the shiny brand new Hosetech stainless steel braided silicon sleeved brake hoses lol! :)

Andy :D

WDIDT?

MOTed and taxed the car today. On the way home from MOT garage, the engine light turned on and there was not usual power and there wassome kangaroo as well.

Drove to work and back. As soon as I pulled in the driveway the engine turned off and all lights turned off as well. The car totally died, no head light no dashboard light nothing.

Any ideas please help?

Regards

Drove the Micra for the first time in two weeks.

Also have an entry in for Mel Harries rally at the start of December :)

Who's going to the Reading meet tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk